Fender Bender
3716 posts

Re: Superbot Keeps Calling It the "Launch Roster"

Oct 14, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Well, whos worse off...

The people who think there's only 20 characters on disc & find out there's more characters / no more characters.

OR

The people who speculate and pick at every new info convincing themselves there are more characters and then find out there are/aren't.

Either way the former are either unaffected or pleasantly surprised whereas the latter are either glad or severely disappoint.

true dat

Play For Fun!
Message 21 of 102 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Oct 14, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Well, whos worse off...

The people who think there's only 20 characters on disc & find out there's more characters / no more characters.

OR

The people who speculate and pick at every new info convincing themselves there are more characters and then find out there are/aren't.

Either way the former are either unaffected or pleasantly surprised whereas the latter are either glad or severely disappoint.

I'm pretty sure speculation isn't that dangerous. No matter what, people are going to complain about something. They always do. Now people are canceling their preorders because of this "only 20 characters" thing. And it makes it worse when everyone's like "THERE'S ONLY 20 CHARCTERS! F#$% SUPERBOT!"

Message 22 of 102 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Oct 14, 2012

KirkAnam wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Well, whos worse off...

OR

I'm pretty sure speculation isn't that dangerous. No matter what, people are going to complain about something. They always do. Now people are canceling their preorders because of this "only 20 characters" thing. And it makes it worse when everyone's like "THERE'S ONLY 20 CHARCTERS! F#$% SUPERBOT!"

You do realise that people are cancelling preorders because they overspeculated and convinced themselves there were more than 20 characters in the first place? That's how dangerous the speculation can be Smiley Tongue

I agree with sohail, expect less and be pleased if you get more, since expecting more results in massive disappointment when you get less.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 23 of 102 (186 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Oct 14, 2012

Bobthepetferret wrote:

KirkAnam wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Well, whos worse off...

OR

You do realise that people are cancelling preorders because they overspeculated and convinced themselves there were more than 20 characters in the first place? That's how dangerous the speculation can be Smiley Tongue

I agree with sohail, expect less and be pleased if you get more, since expecting more results in massive disappointment when you get less.

No, they canceled their preorders because as soon as Superbot said "this 20 is our launch roster," everyone came on and flooded the forums with hate for the game, saying that meant there are ONLY 20 characters in the game. So people read all of this, took it as true without actually thinking about it, and canceled their preorder. Now if we had more OPTIMISTIC people on here saying that there's more than 20 "and here's proof," then we wouldn't really have this problem in the first place. But it's because of this constant flow of negative nancys that people "KNOW" there are only 20 characters, and it's become the norm. 

Message 24 of 102 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Oct 14, 2012

KirkAnam wrote:

Bobthepetferret wrote:

KirkAnam wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Well, whos worse off...

OR

No, they canceled their preorders because as soon as Superbot said "this 20 is our launch roster," everyone came on and flooded the forums with hate for the game, saying that meant there are ONLY 20 characters in the game. So people read all of this, took it as true without actually thinking about it, and canceled their preorder. Now if we had more OPTIMISTIC people on here saying that there's more than 20 "and here's proof," then we wouldn't really have this problem in the first place. But it's because of this constant flow of negative nancys that people "KNOW" there are only 20 characters, and it's become the norm. 

And why didn't they like that there are only 20 characters? Simple, they expected more than 20 characters because they'd overspeculated. When 20 was revealed, "OMG THIS ISN'T THE GAME I EXPECTED PREORDER CANCELLED"

Of course, some people just want more than is reasonable, and nothing can be done about that, but a lot of people made those comments out of severe disappointment because they'd hyped themselves up to expect more.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 25 of 102 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

Oct 14, 2012

I'm one of the people on here telling everyone that this 20 is the final roster. I have many reasons why this 20 is the final unless they make DLC. As many reasons this couldn't be the final 20 theirs is many reasons why it is the final 20. 

Do you know how much I would love to be wrong about this being the final 20. I would LOVE to be wrong and be called out by somebody on this forum. It's just called not getting your hopes up to get thrown down again. This is the 2o and this is what we're getting. They call it launch roster probably because that's what you'll get when you get the game. Either that or that's just fighting game terms for this is the final roster for it's launch.

Message 26 of 102 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 14, 2012
What if they kept there pre-orders and then find out near launch that there are infact only 20 characters on disc ? Would they not just cancel it then ? You do understand at this point in time, 20 + has in no way been confirmed meaning any point you make can simply be countered. I'd agree with you if Omar Kendall officially announce 20 + characters at this point, but as of right now, the official word is 20. Now you can speculate about it being the 'launch' roster all you like, none of it will be factual proof, simply opinionated.

The current facts are :
- 20 launch roster
- No unlockable characters
- Not all characters SuperBot wanted were given

Make of that what you will, but keep in mind, as of right now the official word is 20 characters on disc. Negativity as you call it is a better attitude to have to avoid disappointment and allow us to be content with what we actually know we have, not draw at straws and then happen to feel down when things don't turn out the way we wanted them to.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 27 of 102 (158 Views)
Wastelander
561 posts

Oct 14, 2012

You're **bleep** delusional op. its not a conspiracy. They have made it very clear 20 is what we get at launch. Stop reading too juch into things. They arent going to say its the final roster because it isnt. We get dlc

Message 28 of 102 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 14, 2012

i fear for the coming storm....

Play For Fun!
Message 29 of 102 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts