Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/10/2012
Offline
256 posts
 

Re: Superbot Keeps Calling It the "Launch Roster"

[ Edited ]
Oct 14, 2012

in my eye's it's pretty obvious he is embarrassed that this is the entire roster. so he just keeps calling it the launch-roster cause eventually there will be more characters...

but.. if you keep reading you'll notice that this is my signature.
Message 11 of 102 (257 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/02/2012
Offline
241 posts
 

Re: Superbot Keeps Calling It the "Launch Roster"

Oct 14, 2012

Ishak125 wrote:

They are obviously saying there will be dlc. 


So then why doesn't Superbot say "the 20 here is what makes up the full roster on the disk. We have more characters coming for DLC."

They've mentioned DLC multiple times. They've never actually said said this is the full roster. They always says "this 20 makes up our LAUNCH ROSTER." When asked about more characters, they always say "stay tuned," or "we're not going to talk about that here." If they mean DLC by that, then they would say it, because they've mentioned DLC on multiple occasions. So what's the point in keeping the fact that they're doing DLC a secret.....?
You're not actually thinking about this.

Message 12 of 102 (253 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 08/16/2012
Offline
561 posts
 

Re: Superbot Keeps Calling It the "Launch Roster"

Oct 14, 2012

KirkAnam wrote:

Ishak125 wrote:

They are obviously saying there will be dlc. 


So then why doesn't Superbot say "the 20 here is what makes up the full roster on the disk. We have more characters coming for DLC."

They've mentioned DLC multiple times. They've never actually said said this is the full roster. They always says "this 20 makes up our LAUNCH ROSTER." When asked about more characters, they always say "stay tuned," or "we're not going to talk about that here." If they mean DLC by that, then they would say it, because they've mentioned DLC on multiple occasions. So what's the point in keeping the fact that they're doing DLC a secret.....?
You're not actually thinking about this.


its not that i'm not thinking about this You are thinking too much about it. The. Are clearly saying this is the characters we get at launch. Afterwards we get dlc, day 1 or later.

Message 13 of 102 (244 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/02/2012
Offline
241 posts
 

Re: Superbot Keeps Calling It the "Launch Roster"

Oct 14, 2012

M-Pyre wrote:

in my eye's it's pretty obvious he is embarrassed that this is the entire roster. so he just keeps calling it the launch-roster cause eventually there will be more characters...


That actually doesn't make any sense. Game developers are supposed to take pride in their work. If there is no more characters, he would just come out and say so.

For example: when people ask developers if there's going to be any online components to their game, and there isn't, they come out and say "no, we do not have any online functionality in our game." They don't dance around the question and feel "embarrassed." That just makes no sense. Omar knows what he's doing. He's been in the gaming business for quite some time now.

Message 14 of 102 (240 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/02/2012
Offline
241 posts
 

Re: Superbot Keeps Calling It the "Launch Roster"

Oct 14, 2012

Ishak125 wrote:

KirkAnam wrote:

Ishak125 wrote:

They are obviously saying there will be dlc. 


So then why doesn't Superbot say "the 20 here is what makes up the full roster on the disk. We have more characters coming for DLC."

They've mentioned DLC multiple times. They've never actually said said this is the full roster. They always says "this 20 makes up our LAUNCH ROSTER." When asked about more characters, they always say "stay tuned," or "we're not going to talk about that here." If they mean DLC by that, then they would say it, because they've mentioned DLC on multiple occasions. So what's the point in keeping the fact that they're doing DLC a secret.....?
You're not actually thinking about this.


its not that i'm not thinking about this You are thinking too much about it. The. Are clearly saying this is the characters we get at launch. Afterwards we get dlc, day 1 or later.


I don't have to think "too much." It's all right there in front of us. It's not cryptic or anything.

Message 15 of 102 (237 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
5663 posts
 

Re: Superbot Keeps Calling It the "Launch Roster"

Oct 14, 2012
Your pretty much grasping at straws. Just assume there are only 20 characters on disc until told otherwise, it makes things a lot easier, and allows SuperBot to do things there way in terms of marketing and reveals. All threads like these are good for are setting up people for possible disappointment.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 16 of 102 (235 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/15/2012
Offline
5383 posts
 

Re: Superbot Keeps Calling It the "Launch Roster"

Oct 14, 2012
Launch Roster=Characters we get at the start...Unlockables=more characters but there are no unlocks so secret character? they COULD be lying bout no unlockable characters but thats very unlikely
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 17 of 102 (232 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/02/2012
Offline
241 posts
 

Re: Superbot Keeps Calling It the "Launch Roster"

Oct 14, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Your pretty much grasping at straws. Just assume there are only 20 characters on disc until told otherwise, it makes things a lot easier, and allows SuperBot to do things there way in terms of marketing and reveals. All threads like these are good for are setting up people for possible disappointment.

You're fine with constantly telling people that there's no more characters, but when I say otherwise I'm in the wrong? I think it's better that people think there's more characters, considering there's a mass more of blatant evidence saying so.

Message 18 of 102 (225 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
5663 posts
 

Re: Superbot Keeps Calling It the "Launch Roster"

Oct 14, 2012
Well, whos worse off...

The people who think there's only 20 characters on disc & find out there's more characters / no more characters.

OR

The people who speculate and pick at every new info convincing themselves there are more characters and then find out there are/aren't.

Either way the former are either unaffected or pleasantly surprised whereas the latter are either glad or severely disappoint.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 19 of 102 (215 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 06/10/2012
Offline
2388 posts
 

Re: Superbot Keeps Calling It the "Launch Roster"

Oct 14, 2012
People should just accept what is given. 20 characters at first than more dlc, that still means more than 20 lol. if we get em before or after launch does it really matter? Just play the game, end of story.
Message 20 of 102 (210 Views)
Reply
0 Likes