Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Re: Superbot Keeps Calling It the "Launch Roster"

Oct 15, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
At first it was fine to speculate, when nothing was set in stone and the only person to actually talk about roster count were Sid Shuman and Paul Gale, but officials have spoken, outright confirmed 20 as the FINAL ON DISC ROSTER, not just 'launch', get over that now and move on. It's a great game being belittled due to the constant obsessing over more characters, which is doing nothing but raising people's expectations and making the game come across as incomplete to those who view this site from a casual perspective, seeing 90% of the threads based on speculating character reveals.

You don't have to apologise like you promised on the OP KirkAman, but please just shut up and get over the roster now.

Wow. Calm down. Shhh, it's okay. I haven't even been replying, and you keep coming on to tell me to shut up. I haven't even been saying anything, dude. Get over yourself. If you're right, then you're right. If not, then we'll see. But don't come on here and tell me my opinion is wrong, then tell me to let the thread die, then continue to post by telling my to shut up. Jesus.

Message 91 of 102 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
712 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 15, 2012

Well, from what I remember, everything Superbot has said officially is as follows:

1) 20 characters is the on-disc, launch roster 

2) Depending on how well the game goes, they will consider and comit to providing and including DLC

Based off what Paul Gaul and a few others have said, the four characters that were supposed to be announced and included in the on-disc roster are Cloud, Snake (both 25th Anniversary celebrations at TGS), Crash, and Wander (Shadow of the Colussus anniversary on the 18th of October). 

The 4 characters CONSIDERED but DID NOT make the cut are Dart, Spyro, Ryu/Chun-Li (Street Fighter 25th Anniversary), and Ico.

The 2 characters Paul Gaul personally mentions in his letter are Connor, and Kat (Gravity Rush)

That's pretty much an entire summary of the situation. Now, obviously something happened that prevented them from commiting to the original 4 characters. This part is entirely just speculation, but it's fun to argue anyway. Personally, I think it's either backlash from their IP holders regarding the leak, or low pre order numbers.

The only thing I'm disappointed about is how they most likely removed characters that were originally going to be on disc and are making them paid DLC, as well as the horrendus lack of representation from RPG's/JRPG's. 

Message 92 of 102 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Oct 15, 2012

Agree with you in every single word

Message 93 of 102 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 15, 2012
KirkAnam - lol, don't even have to bother, that was weak.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 94 of 102 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1226 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 15, 2012

PandaPudding wrote:
^ This because I was actually there when they said it, with a microphone, to everyone in attendance there. So can this stop? I believe 20 is final is final ON DISC. Omar and others have said over and over again that the 20 will be launch characters and there are no unlockable characters. The only unlockables are minions, belt, and anything else you get from playing the game or leveling up (idk how it works :l) DLC is possible and will add to the roster in the future. This information comes from official announcements that we've been hearing for the past month. I don't get why anyone would doubt them?

It seems the most common response is "Because Paul Gale said...!" Yeah, no, sorry guys but whatever info he got or wheather he was just making it up is wrong no matter what. Its 20, accept it and stop giving yourselves and other false hopes.

This is why a guy claiming to have a source is bad for a game in the end; ever since it was first announced that 20 was the full on-disc roster, Paul has been fueling ideas (either directly or indirectly) of Superbot lying, giving out false info, bribing and getting people layed off. Add to that the false hope of more than we'll get and yeah, way to promote a game people, noting but harmless hype right there, sure.

Message 95 of 102 (314 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Oct 15, 2012
@S-o-h-a-i-l
I remember when I was in middle school, too.
Message 96 of 102 (298 Views)
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Oct 15, 2012
I bet: 20 is final, on-disk roster. But there will be free dlc for Cloud, Snake, Wander, and Crash pack (like a month after release). The only reason they're not on disk is because superbot isn't completely finished making them and their costumes, cutscenes, etc. The game was originally delayed so superbot could get more time completing everything for these four characters, but they still need an extra month after the release. I bet.
Message 97 of 102 (297 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Oct 15, 2012
/ the game was delayed to take them out since superbot realised they wouldn't be able to completely finish them. They will be free dlc some time after release.
Message 98 of 102 (295 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Oct 15, 2012
launch could be characters announced at Launch?
Photobucket
Message 99 of 102 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 15, 2012
Good one, although odds are I'm much older then you kiddo - the fact that you made this thread proves as much.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 100 of 102 (271 Views)
0 Likes