Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Re: Superbot Is Forgetting Syphon Filter

Oct 5, 2012

One word: Taser

You could make a moveset for Gabe, no problem. Let him grab enemies as human shields, use his taser, knife, and hand to hand combat. He also used a sniper that fired darts (gas, electric, explosive). 

The PSP games were awesome, Logan's Shadow was my second favourite game for that system.

Message 11 of 17 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Oct 5, 2012
^^ Gabe could have an air taser AP drain. Possible character assists, manual aim, headshot AP bonuses, grenades with a larger blast radius, can use a zipline, flamethrower. His usual weaponry of a silenced 9mm, M16, Shotgun, Mil-15 (Gun that fires explosive bullets, I **bleep** you not.) and C4. Sleeper hold/takedown grabs, a super that could involve his nightvision and a sniper. That's just to list a few things he could do. He could have Lian assist in his moves as well.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 17 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
781 posts

Oct 5, 2012

People tend to just see a white guy with a gun and write him off as irrelevant, don't listen to them.

I never got to play Syphon Filter but i wish i had, i'd like to see Gabe in this game to gauge some interest in a new installment i could get into, hope he is considered, but i dont see it happening.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Paramedic of the PSAS Forums bunker.
Message 13 of 17 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Oct 5, 2012
^^ I remember an old easter egg in MGS3 where Snake mentions Gabe and Sam like as if they were part of the same organization! That was pretty **bleep** awesome. XD
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 17 (42 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Oct 6, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Well I won't argue specifics because I've only played a little of the first Syphon Filter game, so I don't know if there's anything really distinct about the charecter, but if what I've seen is any indication, he would be a dull charecter to play as. Not that he shouldn't be represented, but there's gotta be something to really distinguish him from the other charecters. Drake covers the average shooter play style, Radec covers the sniping, is there something Logan can bring to the table ? That's a genuine question by the way, I'm not being sarcastic. If they can really differentiate the charecter to have his own play style then by all means add him in, if not then just adding him for the sake of representing him may not be the best option.

- Air taser with huge range and that burns people to death while they scream in agony. Picture Kratos, PaRappa, Fat Princess, Nariko, etc, screaming in pain while they slowly succumb to this magnificent weapon. Also, voted by IGN as one of video game's greatest weapons.

- Manual aiming for headshots, a key part of the SF experience. Auto aiming can be implemented for aerial moves.

- Taking out the lights of the arena, opponents would see nothing but darkness while Logan uses his night vision goggles to kill them.

- Lian Xing can assist Logan by planting explosives or in a super with the classic chopper gunner.

- Parachuting, ziplining, non-lethal weapons, all kinds of grenades not just explosive ones, and all the jazz that comes from being a secret agent.

I made a moveset for Gabe Logan, it's in the official moveset thread. Also, characters should be added if they were important to the PS brand. The SF series was huge for the PS back in the PS1 era and also with the PSP. Eventually, when the series' roster increases, there will be a lot of overlap. Last thing I want is for SuperBot to avoid adding deserving characters just cuz there are others who have some things in common.

Besides, I don't hear people saying this for blade weapons characters (this isn't referring to you but in general). Dante and Raiden look like they play somewhat similar to one another and many people refer to Nariko as a female version of Kratos, more or less the same situation that would happen as having Lara Croft, Solid Snake, Gabe Logan, Drake, Radec and a Chimera in the same game. Yet, no one complains about having too many blade characters, I saw one thread on it but it's rare seeing opposition against additional blade characters. When it comes to gun characters though? People freak out for no reason.

Message 15 of 17 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Gabe could have an entire moveset with just his taser really (but they shouldn't do that)! He definitely has versatility with his secret agent status and gear

Message 16 of 17 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Oct 6, 2012

I've posted threads before asking for Gabe to be in the game, I mean sure Syphon Filter isn't anywhere near as big as it used to be, but the series is fantastic! and really needs to be represented in this game somehow

Message 17 of 17 (18 Views)
0 Likes