Oct 05 2012
By: MaximillionPegs Lombax Warrior 180 posts

Superbot Is Forgetting Syphon Filter

16 replies 230 views Edited Oct 5, 2012
There are no characters, stages, or items related to the Syphon Filter series in this game. Syphon Filter is very important to playstation, it has been on ps1, ps2, and psp so its one of the older playstation franchises. Gabe Logan as a playable character would be awesome but there are probably people that would disagree as they would choose Snake over Gabe Logan. But Gabe Logan is a first party character so it would easy for sony to put him in this game.
"There emptiness makes me whole, there weakness makes me strong, there destruction is my creation". - Calypso
Message 1 of 17 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
862 posts

Re: Superbot Is Forgetting Syphon Filter

Oct 5, 2012
I was hoping everyone forgot syphon filter.
Message 2 of 17 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Oct 5, 2012
It's not that they are forgetting syphon filter. Perhaps there isn't anything to add that they already have from other characters/items displayed. But who knows? Approx. 2 months until release you never know what they'll do for content.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 17 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
519 posts

Oct 5, 2012
They got to leave some popular characters for the sequel
Join my tournament!
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Tag-Team-Takedown-Tournament/m-p/37621483#M18186
Message 4 of 17 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 5, 2012
He'd just play out as another shooter charecter.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 5 of 17 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Gorgeous_Black wrote:

Syphon Filter was an excellent franchise back in the old PS1 days. PS2 was moderate but still fun. Their PSP sequels were okay in my opinion and I still play them.

You're the first gamer I've ever met who wished that. You'd be surprised how many disagree with you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 17 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
862 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Yea I know ... everyone else loved it ..... it never agreed with me.
Message 7 of 17 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1535 posts

Oct 5, 2012

fabsta1994 wrote:

Gorgeous_Black wrote:

Syphon Filter was an excellent franchise back in the old PS1 days. PS2 was moderate but still fun. Their PSP sequels were okay in my opinion and I still play them.

You're the first gamer I've ever met who wished that. You'd be surprised how many disagree with you.

Yeah, they were cool. I have Syphon filter 1, 2 and 3 all the the PS1. And Syphon Filter: the omega Strain (Which was a cool game, because it had online for the PS2.)

Message 8 of 17 (157 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Gorgeous_Black wrote:

SF is one of the best series Sony made for the PS1 and sold very well. It has more of a claim than most first party IPs that still don't have representation. The only ones I'd select over SF would be GT or SotC.

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
He'd just play out as another shooter charecter.

BS. Just another example of the gun character bias in display. All that matters is that the SF series deserves representation and not the fact that it has some mind-boggling power or extravagant design that absolutely no one else has. Besides, you're only looking at it from face value, there are plenty of ways to make him distinct from Drake and Radec. If you played the original SF games, you would know that the targeting system is very different from Uncharted and Killzone, opening up the possibility for Gabe Logan to have manual aim on the ground and auto targeting while in the air. Since headshots were so important in the original SF games, they could even add this element to Gabe Logan's gameplay and have him gain extra AP if he performs a headshot. The Kevlar armor can also be added as a temporary enhancement to make him a more durable fighter.

Message 9 of 17 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Well I won't argue specifics because I've only played a little of the first Syphon Filter game, so I don't know if there's anything really distinct about the charecter, but if what I've seen is any indication, he would be a dull charecter to play as. Not that he shouldn't be represented, but there's gotta be something to really distinguish him from the other charecters. Drake covers the average shooter play style, Radec covers the sniping, is there something Logan can bring to the table ? That's a genuine question by the way, I'm not being sarcastic. If they can really differentiate the charecter to have his own play style then by all means add him in, if not then just adding him for the sake of representing him may not be the best option.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 10 of 17 (122 Views)
0 Likes