Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: SuperBot you have a couple of problems.

Sep 11, 2012

Prent62 wrote:

The characters are not from one single time era in their canon. They are amalgamations of all their best moves. This is why Sir Dan has the appearance from Ressurrection, but many moves from the first and second games. This is why Radec has weapons from Killzone 3 even though he died in Killzone 2, before any of these weapons, INCLUDING HIS LEVEL 3 SUPER.

Because they are choosing all the best bits. This is why Jak has the look from 3, but with some additions from 1, 2 and X. This is why Dark Jak has his J&D2 look.

And the thing is? The developers of these games have a heavy amount of input when it comes to their characters. If anyone at ND disliked the horns, or the palm strike, they would have changed it. ND are also writing Jak's story, just as Irrational are writing Big Daddy's.

^ this sums it up Smiley Happy

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 51 of 83 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

Sep 11, 2012

Prent62 wrote:

The characters are not from one single time era in their canon. They are amalgamations of all their best moves. This is why Sir Dan has the appearance from Ressurrection, but many moves from the first and second games. This is why Radec has weapons from Killzone 3 even though he died in Killzone 2, before any of these weapons, INCLUDING HIS LEVEL 3 SUPER.

Because they are choosing all the best bits. This is why Jak has the look from 3, but with some additions from 1, 2 and X. This is why Dark Jak has his J&D2 look.

And the thing is? The developers of these games have a heavy amount of input when it comes to their characters. If anyone at ND disliked the horns, or the palm strike, they would have changed it. ND are also writing Jak's story, just as Irrational are writing Big Daddy's.

Its slighty different in other characters cases. Like Jaks. Jak got horns in Jak 2 because he had only dark powers. When he recieved light powers in jak 3 the light from within him caused him to lose those horns. So since jak has his light powers it makes no sense why his horns came back up. I understand everything else your saying. Btw he always used his fist for his special in Jak 2 & 3 so it makes no sense why all of a sudden he uses his palm to strike.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 52 of 83 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 11, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Prent62 wrote:

Its slighty different in other characters cases. Like Jaks. Jak got horns in Jak 2 because he had only dark powers. When he recieved light powers in jak 3 the light from within him caused him to lose those horns. So since jak has his light powers it makes no sense why his horns came back up. I understand everything else your saying. Btw he always used his fist for his special in Jak 2 & 3 so it makes no sense why all of a sudden he uses his palm to strike.

palm strikes are much cooler than firsts Smiley Wink

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 53 of 83 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

Sep 11, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Prent62 wrote:

palm strikes are much cooler than firsts Smiley Wink

Not in this case -_-. His move looked better when he strikes down with his Fist. The palm makes the move look weaker and jak less badass...

Only time will tell.
Message 54 of 83 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
745 posts

Sep 11, 2012

I love the way you guys use kind words and peacful ways to settle your arguments

LUDICROUS_BANANA STRIKES AGAIN!

Fadi is the greatest sig creator within 1 mile
Message 55 of 83 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Sep 11, 2012

redsoxdsp46 wrote:

I love the way you guys use kind words and peacful ways to settle your arguments

this is how the entire world should work, rite we all get along so well

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 56 of 83 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

Sep 11, 2012

Im going to say this only 1 last time. My original post wasn't about whinning or complaining really. I was stating some problems I saw in the game of a certain character. Everybody else went to far when they said hateful things about jak and things that didnt matter without even trying to understand where I was coming from.

Only time will tell.
Message 57 of 83 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Sep 11, 2012

Small details like horns im not  ecactly too worried about but the only think that upsets me with character appearance is that they dont go in depth enough with human characters without armor: Cole, Kratos, Drake

IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 58 of 83 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

Sep 11, 2012

Clothes, shoes, armor and etc arent in the same catergory as Jak horns. If you want to know why then you can read through the post I said cause im not repeating that. Horns are a character aspect.

Then his special is different from other things because he had a certain way he performed it. By changing that they had no right unles ND said so. Its like a blooper in a movie or wearing a suit to a club party.

Only time will tell.
Message 59 of 83 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Sep 11, 2012

ND probably said so. Case closed.

Message 60 of 83 (35 Views)
0 Likes