Jul 15 2012
By: IceColdKilla44 Gaming Beast 1773 posts

SuperBot should update their website & trailers with more info.

[ Edited ]
9 replies 380 views Edited Jul 16, 2012

I was just on the YouTube video for the new character reveals, and just like last week, there are quite a few people on the page who think that this game will only have 12 characters total (only 10 last week).

At first i thought it was ridiculous for them to think such a thing, but then I noticed that there is absolutely NOTHING in the trailers nor on their official website telling us that there will be more character reveals. Now I obviously know there will be more because I read the Blog & Forums, but a lot of people don't. How are they supposed to know that there will be more characters?

SuperBot could easily avoid this confusion by ending their trailers with a simple "Who else will join the battle?" or "More characters coming soon!"  Anything that lets the watcher know that there will be more than what is shown in the trailer. And they should also put that phrase on their website. If they want to get fancy, they can also put a countdown on their website ("Next character reveal in XX days"). In fact I believe that's the way the website was before it was redesigned.

It would let people who might have just heard about this game (and who don't read the Blog or these forums) know that there will be more than just 12 characters and that more will be coming soon. I know it might sound silly but it's really surprising to see how many people think there will be just 12. 

Also, the game's website should explain a lot of the things that people might not know about the game at first glance. Like the Super system, for example; there should be a part of the website (or a trailer) explaining it to newcomers. And a page dedicated to certain stages, modes, and items in the game would be nice as well. 

Message 1 of 10 (380 Views)
Wastelander
762 posts

Re: SuperBot should clarify something with their website/trailers

Jul 15, 2012

Very true, when the first trailer released some idiots assumed it only had 6 characters... Personally I wish they would give us the exact number, i hate being kept in the dark :smileysad:

Rayman for all stars
Message 2 of 10 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
774 posts

Jul 15, 2012
They used to have an old website with nothing but a list and an orb with a countdown until the next character reveal. I do like the idea of "Who else will join the battle?" however, since it fits in nicely and doesn't necessarily say that there will be more (In the case of the last reveal).
Message 3 of 10 (354 Views)
Sackboy
518 posts

Jul 15, 2012

I agree Like Who Could be next or Whose Next Challenger? But Right now i like that they are revealing new information at a decent pace noted EVO and Comic Con close but i believe this game will have 20+ Characters probably like 22-26 somthing in that range so hopefully more info on that soon but I agree

Message 4 of 10 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2012

I've actually found that there are idiots who think this in every video and complain about a character not in the game due to the current number of the roster. I personally think it's their own fault for not researching as not everything has to be catered to you in every game update. I wold like a character reveal countdown limit like with the original website though, that would be awesome.

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 5 of 10 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
762 posts

Jul 15, 2012

They could do something along the lines of "whos that pokemon?!?" with the the obvious shaped question marked silouette :smileytongue: jk

Rayman for all stars
Message 6 of 10 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1773 posts

Re: SuperBot should clarify some things with their website/trailers

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2012

Astroking112 wrote:
They used to have an old website with nothing but a list and an orb with a countdown until the next character reveal. I do like the idea of "Who else will join the battle?" however, since it fits in nicely and doesn't necessarily say that there will be more (In the case of the last reveal).

I remember this too, and I'm surprised that they got rid of it! Teasing fans like that is what will bring tons of traffic to their website and get people hyped for the game.

Right now the marketing for this game is kind of all over the place. We have to search YouTube and web interviews to hear when we'll be hearing about characters when all that info should be easily accessed on the website. We have Paul Gale giving us random hints. We only knew SuperBot would be at EVO because of a YouTube interview, and that wasn't official until the last minute. The game's Super system is one of the most debated topics on the net but it's not even explained on the website at all. There's not even a page dedicated to stages, modes, or items for the game.

The marketing for this game seriously should be better.

Message 7 of 10 (298 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Jul 15, 2012
and the worst part is, they acrully use a lot of money on this marketing, they really need to update their website.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos is always appreciated

All Stars Theme
Message 8 of 10 (243 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1356 posts

Re: SuperBot should update their website & trailers with more info.

Jul 15, 2012

Another thing they should do is start with the newsletters. 

Message 9 of 10 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
518 posts

Jul 16, 2012
They Have to have a Page Dedicated to the Stages and Items Modes they need to take a few cues from Smash bros's Page which is expansive
Message 10 of 10 (120 Views)
0 Likes