Jan 12 2013
By: Thirty3Three Treasure Hunter 5693 posts

SuperBot; please fix the spam/rank issue.

[ Edited ]
41 replies 218 views Edited Jan 12, 2013

I don't do this a lot, but;

SuperBot. Please fix it- practically uplayable while playing rank mode.

All the people who work VERY hard for their titles, playing legitimetaly are getting screwed over be **bleep** spammers.

Love the game, but please, try and fix the spamming issue. A less "AP" gain nerf will NOT fix this spam issue.
You'll have to add some delays between attacks, make attacks shorter, add the requirement to use another button for an attack  (ie: Kratos Chain - make him have to "Aim" manually)

Please help us out guys! I'm (and others are...) getting VERY tired of tried so hard to earn titles. 

Maybe you can ban Kratos, Drake and Raiden from Ranked systems? (last resort, I'd rather this not happen, but you know; just a last-resort suggestion)

Thanks.

EDIT: Unreleated(ISH) but ther's a **bleep** spike spammer who only spams the monkey thing (the one that drops the bananas) and he really spams his way to victory. Just telling so you all can watch out for him. Unfortunately, this forum has the stupid rule of not naming people/calling them out even if they're not on the forums. So... you'll have to figure his name out yourself. You'll get it fairly easily.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 1 of 42 (218 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1018 posts

Re: SuperBot; please fix the spam/rank issue.

Jan 12, 2013
You can't ban any characters from Ranked
I would suggest a better solution which is fix the belt system as it's very flawed and nerf Forward Square from Kratos and have a cool down for Drake's gun and barrel that's all
Message 2 of 42 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Titles? Who cares about those anymore? I STILL don't have mine. Anyway, it's an FFA dude. All kinds of stupid sh!t happens which is why it's a poor indicator of skill. People are going to use what works. If spamming is working for them, then of course they're going to spam. I also have problems with spammers too but I just deal with it. Spamming is only hard to get around when there's lag involved.

Message 3 of 42 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jan 12, 2013

fairytailced wrote:
You can't ban any characters from Ranked
I would suggest a better solution which is fix the belt system as it's very flawed and nerf Forward Square from Kratos and have a cool down for Drake's gun and barrel that's all

I mean, technically they "Can" Smiley Wink They have the power to do so, but I'd prefer MANY other suggestions ahead of the one I'd stated

And Well, the characters need nerfs in certain ways as well. Not just a belt system fix. And the characters need MORE than an AP reduction; they need delays inbetween moves as well. 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 4 of 42 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jan 12, 2013

simplegary wrote:

Titles? Who cares about those anymore? I STILL don't have mine. Anyway, it's an FFA dude. All kinds of stupid sh!t happens which is why it's a poor indicator of skill. People are going to use what works. If spamming is working for them, then of course they're going to spam. I also have problems with spammers too but I just deal with it. Spamming is only hard to get around when there's lag involved.

I do. Don't act condescending

Not entirely true. I'm very good at this game and I lose to spammers. There's more to saying "Dodge and evade.". That's the responce of an ignorant person

Message 5 of 42 (184 Views)
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Thirty3Three wrote:

simplegary wrote:

I do. Don't act condescending

Not entirely true. I'm very good at this game and I lose to spammers. There's more to saying "Dodge and evade.". That's the responce of an ignorant person

When did I ever say "dodge and evade?" Don't put words into my mouth. Even if I did say dodge and evade it still wouldn't be an ignorant thing to say. So instead of working around spam you'd rather let them do it then come to these forums and cry about it? Now that there is TRUE ignorance. You said you were very good, yet you lose to spammers which is EXACTLY why FFA is a poor indicator if skill. A very good player would find a way around it. Don't ever accuse me of being ignorant when you're just as guilty of it.

These forums.... Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 42 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Jan 12, 2013

The spamming of forward square for Kratos is not bad at all. If he misses there is a fairly large window of opportunity to attack. Yet,  there is little to no window between his square, square, square combo and his up-square which I feel should have more of a delay. otherwise kratos is fine. The only thing they should change about drakes barrels is that the explosion lasts so long and has such a large range. They should actually make it so it doesn't explode and just rolls of the screen because on a stage like dojo, the barrel can explode and easily hit every player. Raiden doesnt need a nerf, just be aware when he's dashing, not that hard to get away from, but his infinite grab should be fixed. Lastly they should make it so dante can turn around in his square combo. Everyone else can, so why not him. I guess you can say that it keeps him from constantly getting his combo off but at least it will make him a contender against a someone that knows how to dodge well. His supers are terrible anyway in comparison to others so it wont make that much of a difference.

Message 7 of 42 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Jan 12, 2013

SaucE_eee-BeAzzT wrote:

The spamming of forward square for Kratos is not bad at all. If he misses there is a fairly large window of opportunity to attack. Yet,  there is little to no window between his square, square, square combo and his up-square which I feel should have more of a delay. otherwise kratos is fine. The only thing they should change about drakes barrels is that the explosion lasts so long and has such a large range. They should actually make it so it doesn't explode and just rolls of the screen because on a stage like dojo, the barrel can explode and easily hit every player. Raiden doesnt need a nerf, just be aware when he's dashing, not that hard to get away from, but his infinite grab should be fixed. Lastly they should make it so dante can turn around in his square combo. Everyone else can, so why not him. I guess you can say that it keeps him from constantly getting his combo off but at least it will make him a contender against a someone that knows how to dodge well. His supers are terrible anyway in comparison to others so it wont make that much of a difference.

This^

Now stop making cry baby threads 33.

Message 8 of 42 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Jan 12, 2013
Simplegary, do you think you are better than him at this game? If so add him and play him. Stop saying indication skill until you actually play him and beat him.Thats a better indication of skill than fighting spammers.
Message 9 of 42 (117 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
955 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

simplegary wrote:

SaucE_eee-BeAzzT wrote:

This^

Now stop making cry baby threads 33.

I dont support what he is suggesting in this thread. but the above post is not true.

Try playing as any slower character and using this so called 'large window of attack'. If anything the only way to fix it is to take out auto aim and lower the distance.

Drakes barrels need a larger delay, at current they completely destroy the flow of combat. Its not just OP, its frustratingly unfun to deal with. Either way its not just the barrel that needs fixing, drake can build AP at an unreal pase when played properly.

Raiden is definately OP, he can combos into his level 1 in a million different ways. 1 wrong move on your part and ur dead, at least with sweet tooth its possible to spot is kill confirm (Air Square) before he does it. Raiden needs a larger delay between his hits and super activation.

One of dantes square attacks attacks behind and infront of him, makes him much harder to interrupt, thats what he gets.

Just because u know how to deal with something and others dont doesnt mean its balanced. 

Check out my [Moveset Creation Guide] ,my [PSASBR Wishlist]
...and my Movesets!

Message 10 of 42 (114 Views)
0 Likes