Dec 18 2012
By: JayJXZ Wastelander 726 posts

SuperBot on the Infinite Avoidance System, Comboing into Super intended

16 replies 531 views Edited Dec 18, 2012

Just something I found on their website

http://superbotent.tumblr.com/post/38183812490/ap-burst-infinite-avoidance-system

A small except from that:

"Furthermore, setting the infinite avoidance limit at 100 AP basically ensures that it takes at least two clean hits to combo into super at the beginning of a match—or after performing a level 3 super."

So not like this is anything new, but from the passage above you can clearly see that comboing into supers was intended.

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Message 1 of 17 (531 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4401 posts

Re: SuperBot on the Infinite Avoidance System, Comboing into Super intended

Dec 18, 2012
"Even if players were to discover 159 AP combos with every character in the game, it’s extremely difficult to cross the threshold from 99 AP to 100 AP without triggering AP burst. Dante is the biggest potential exception to this rule, which is why his level 1 super costs 150 AP."

It appeared that Superbots think Dante cancel combos are fair and legit.
Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 2 of 17 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
726 posts

Dec 18, 2012

FredFai wrote:
"Even if players were to discover 159 AP combos with every character in the game, it’s extremely difficult to cross the threshold from 99 AP to 100 AP without triggering AP burst. Dante is the biggest potential exception to this rule, which is why his level 1 super costs 150 AP."

Nice catch, I overlooked that one; It seems that his guns are useful in this reguard as well

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Message 3 of 17 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Dec 18, 2012

FredFai wrote:

They make a good point. I still applies to him, he can get just an extra bit of AP from his gun firing. Not largely in regards to his cancel system.

Message 4 of 17 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Dante has easy AP Break combos without utilizing the empty cancel, though.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 5 of 17 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Dec 18, 2012

FredFai wrote:

Yea...the best combo I have with Dante right now is a 184 AP combo. Dante has crazy potential. I believe Heihachi can go to about 180 AP himself.

Message 6 of 17 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Yeeeeesh. This needs to be stickied or something so that the general knowledge can spread and people will stop claiming that it's an unintended exploit in the system.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 17 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 18, 2012
" whenever a character gets hit by an attack sequence that adds up to 100 AP in one combo, they automatically enter the infinite avoidance state. They’re then ejected at a 45° angle and remain invincible the entire way up and down until they land—unless they attack or perform some other offensive action to relinquish their invincibility before landing."

Quick Question:

After the Infinite avoidance system releases me from the Combo, If I hold L1 and use directions, does this mean I become vulnerable again for attacks or is it the same as "NOT performing any offensive action".

I think it is, but i'm not entirely sure.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 8 of 17 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Dec 18, 2012
dude, where did it say that comboing into supers was intended?
'cause i couldn't find it,
help me out?
Play For Fun!
Message 9 of 17 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Dec 18, 2012

achus93again wrote:
dude, where did it say that comboing into supers was intended?
'cause i couldn't find it,
help me out?

I think that was the original poster's interpretation of this line:

Furthermore, setting the infinite avoidance limit at 100 AP basically ensures that it takes at least two clean hits to combo into super at the beginning of a match—or after performing a level 3 super. That’s because every level 1 super attack in the game costs at least 100 AP.

But it's pretty vague, I don't think they were stating that comboing into supers was okay, but rather they didn't want players getting two levels worth of AP from their combos, which is why they installed their anti-infinite system.

I'm personally leaning "against" on this "combo into supers" discussion, if comboing into supers is okay, why do characters like Sir Dan or Big Daddy get shafted twice with supers that are both unreliable and impossible to combo into?

Message 10 of 17 (254 Views)
0 Likes