Jan 08 2013
By: kupomogli Hekseville Citizen 345 posts

SuperBot on 1v1.

30 replies 644 views Edited Jan 8, 2013

I don't think they'll add ranked 1v1.  Most people don't play 1v1 but people like playing for belts.  Playing ranked 1v1 will only magnify how unbalanced this piece of garbage game is.

Message 1 of 31 (644 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Re: SuperBot on 1v1.

Jan 8, 2013
Then why do you care?
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 2 of 31 (642 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Dude5059 wrote:
Then why do you care?

Don't question the illogicality of all this!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 3 of 31 (634 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jan 8, 2013

kupomogli wrote:

I don't think they'll add ranked 1v1.  Most people don't play 1v1 but people like playing for belts.  Playing ranked 1v1 will only magnify how unbalanced this piece of garbage game is.

1) I don't understand why you made this thread.

2) Making a thread on a forum about a game to call it garbage seems redundant, why are you spending your time on this forum.

3) You take that back. 

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 4 of 31 (603 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

Dude5059 wrote:
Then why do you care?

Because maybe, if they make a sequel to this piece of garbage, they'll actually restructure it and think.  Hey.  We made possibly one of the worst fighters in the past two generations.  We need to look back at what we did wrong.  Let's look back at some of those complaints.

Then maybe they'll play test this piece of crap and go.  "Hey.  These people are right.  Some characters are useless against other characters.  Those same characters may be useless against others.  Block IS too good when only grabs and specials can go through it, etc."

But I mentioned block, so you'll have those people who defend this game to the death jump in here and go.  "But you can grab."  So?  Grabbing doesn't mean that block shouldn't be as good defensive as it is.  It brings turtle style to a whole new level.  I play turtle style with Dante because I have to play turtle style with Dante.  Evil and Good Cole have kill confirms on block, but it only depends on the attack that they block.  Certain air attacks or ground, but the opponent has to be in range, so melee only.

Most fighters you block high and low but there are several ways to get around it.  If they're blocking high attack low,  Blocking low attack high, and then you can also grab if they're being too turtle heavy.  Grabbing actually works on Street Fighter, Tekken, etc, because enemies die after receiving a certain amount of damage.  If you have low AP on PSABR and you are grab, you'll lose next to no AP.  So lost 15 AP.  Oh wow!  I can't get that back in a single attack.  Some characters can combo their specials into their grabs, Evil Cole and Raiden, making those characters far more powerful than any of the others in a 1v1 match.  Not all characters have combo potential from a grab.  Radec can gain a max of 30AP after doing a grab.  Parappa can gain a max of 60AP, Raiden can AP burst, Kratos a very high non AP burst from wall bounce, etc.  Such a huge difference in AP gain per character.

I've said this in multiple posts bashing PSABR, but do any of you play good fighting games like Tekken, Street Fighter, Bloody Roar, Garou, or Mortal Kombat?   It doesn't matter what character you choose, any good opponent you face will be able to have a chance against you with any of the characters.  If you play on a pro level, some of the characters on Mortal Kombat will have a much more difficult time with other characters, but it's not a shut out like some match ups can be on PSABR.

When SuperBot brought this to try and get the hardcore gaming community interested and turn it pro, the people there didn't know how to play, so they assumed potentially that it could be a hardcore fighting game.  Anyone who knows their fighting games are going to look back on that and wonder why they even gave it a chance.  That interview on there was nothing more than a hype grab to try and get people to buy it because some of the well known pro players were playing it and learning techniques with characters.

Besides.  Unlike the trolls who used to troll this game based off nothing.  The ones that were Nintendo fanboys just bashing on Sony games, I actually own the game and are bashing it because itt's a piece of crap game.  Besides.  Can't really get banned for trolling when I'm staying on topic can I? 

The one post with all the bleeps I would have, but hey.  The forum bleeped them out for me, so nothing I said was wrong at all.  You could add any word you want in replace of those bleeps.  Like chainsaw.

Message 5 of 31 (593 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

Really curious to know what you're hoping to accomplish by all this...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 6 of 31 (589 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jan 8, 2013

kupomogli wrote:

Dude5059 wrote:
Then why do you care?

Because maybe, if they make a sequel to this piece of garbage, they'll actually restructure it and think.  Hey.  We made possibly one of the worst fighters in the past two generations.  We need to look back at what we did wrong.  Let's look back at some of those complaints.

Then maybe they'll play test this piece of crap and go.  "Hey.  These people are right.  Some characters are useless against other characters.  Those same characters may be useless against others.  Block IS too good when only grabs and specials can go through it, etc."

But I mentioned block, so you'll have those people who defend this game to the death jump in here and go.  "But you can grab."  So?  Grabbing doesn't mean that block shouldn't be as good defensive as it is.  It brings turtle style to a whole new level.  I play turtle style with Dante because I have to play turtle style with Dante.  Evil and Good Cole have kill confirms on block, but it only depends on the attack that they block.  Certain air attacks or ground, but the opponent has to be in range, so melee only.

Most fighters you block high and low but there are several ways to get around it.  If they're blocking high attack low,  Blocking low attack high, and then you can also grab if they're being too turtle heavy.  Grabbing actually works on Street Fighter, Tekken, etc, because enemies die after receiving a certain amount of damage.  If you have low AP on PSABR and you are grab, you'll lose next to no AP.  So lost 15 AP.  Oh wow!  I can't get that back in a single attack.  Some characters can combo their specials into their grabs, Evil Cole and Raiden, making those characters far more powerful than any of the others in a 1v1 match.  Not all characters have combo potential from a grab.  Radec can gain a max of 30AP after doing a grab.  Parappa can gain a max of 60AP, Raiden can AP burst, Kratos a very high non AP burst from wall bounce, etc.  Such a huge difference in AP gain per character.

I've said this in multiple posts bashing PSABR, but do any of you play good fighting games like Tekken, Street Fighter, Bloody Roar, Garou, or Mortal Kombat?   It doesn't matter what character you choose, any good opponent you face will be able to have a chance against you with any of the characters.  If you play on a pro level, some of the characters on Mortal Kombat will have a much more difficult time with other characters, but it's not a shut out like some match ups can be on PSABR.

Dude, no one is shoving this game down your throat. So you think its imbalanced, and you are intitled to your opinion. Why are you wasting your time posting on its forum then? Obviously it has an impact on you, therefore not being an absolute garbage game. Every character has a chance in this game, the only thing restricting them is the player, and in this case, YOU. Get off the forum if all you want to do is down talk it. Save yourself your own time. Thank you

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 7 of 31 (584 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Mogilicudi wrote:

Every character has a chance in this game, the only thing restricting them is the player, and in this case, YOU. Get off the forum if all you want to do is down talk it. Save yourself your own time. Thank you

I went through the Black and Brown Belts and noticed you don't have a high ranking belt on FFA or 2v2.  Strange.  I'd expect that if I have a black belt in both FFA and 2v2 and I hate the game, some **bleep** like you who must be extremely pro would have atleast a brown belt, but I don't see your name. 

The only people that I saw who have black or brown belts that I remember on this forum at this time are.  Well.  Me of course.  Asus, Red Ring Ryko, Organ1zation 13, and Redskinsrock. 

It seems like noobs such as yourself can do nothing more than throw attacks at other people.  I seem to remember Organ1zation 13 pointing out that Sly' can't be knocked out of his special and attacked because of it.  The attacks were more.  "You just suck."  D o u c h e b a g s like you, who posted videos of how to dodge Sly, when everyone halfway decent knows how to not get hit by Sly's level one unless it's a hit confirm.  I'd guarantee that most of those who were attacking him are **bleep** players like I guarantee you are.

However, it was proven that Sly could be hit out of his special.  Proven that it's the same difficulty as hitting someone out of a level three.  It only took practice mode repeatedly using the level one and the only time the person could get it off was when using the level one as the axe was hitting him.  It's as difficult as a level three, and when we were describing it, we obviously meaning hitting Sly out of iit "reasonably."  Hitting him out of a level one with the difficulty as rare as it is, again, as hard as it is to knock someone out of a level three, is impractical.

Message 8 of 31 (567 Views)
Sackboy
503 posts

Jan 8, 2013
About the block is too good, there are guard breaking attacks ya know.
Message 9 of 31 (560 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Jan 8, 2013
1. It would be nice if blocks could be broken by a certain amount of regular attacks but instead they just half the amount of AP you get on attacks (thus punishable with the right moves) and charge attacks break blocks.
2. Parappa can get a max combo off his up grab, thus showing the lack of knowledge you have of this character. And it's more than likely Raiden and maybe even E. Cole will get their grabs nerfed.
3. If you really knew your fighting games, you would know that brand new series typically take a while to develop proper techs for each character to realize their full potential. MVC3 is a perfect example of this. Not to mention that if a char is truly OP in this game, they'll be fixed (just like Sackboy was).
Message 10 of 31 (537 Views)
0 Likes