Nov 29 2012
By: Iceman_Nightmare Lombax Warrior 227 posts

SuperBot needs to add percentage mode

[ Edited ]
10 replies 254 views Edited Nov 29, 2012

I dont care about hating Nintendo fans thinking its copying Super Smash Bros even more, let them hate.... they are freaking idiots. Even if SuperBot use the percentage mode system they can't be sued by Nintendo anymore. They can easily defend their case saying that Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion also use that system and they didn't do anything about it, so why not. The idea has been used twice, and Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion is on Wii, PS3, and XBOX. So its not like its a Nintendo Exclusive and they allowed it to copy Super Smash Bros percentage mode idea... If you guys agree and give kudos, maybe SuperBot might change their mind and add a patch that adds this in the game. I know Omar Kendall said before: No, the only way you can score kills in this game is with supers, but if I get a lot of kudos... maybe SuperBot will read this and change their minds.

DONT GET ME WRONG, I don't hate on the Super system... but I think it gets repetitive after playing the game for a while. Some characters also is too hard to fight with compared to others, Super Smash Bros is a more easy game to pickup and play and fight. This game is more focused now on hardcore gamers, which is not a bad thing for hardcore gamers. But Super Smash Bros is a game for both, you don't have to memorize every character to totally kick a$$ with them... its all based on your playing and strategy. 

Aside of all the Nintendo fans hating more BS, what do you guys think? Dont you think it will be more fun if there is a combination of super and percentage mode as both ways to get kills in a next patch or something? For maps that are fully closed like HADES, maybe they can add that the walls breaks down as the characters hits in them, next time they will fly through the hole in the wall and dies. 

Put Sephiroth in PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale
Photobucket
Message 1 of 11 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
632 posts

Re: SuperBot needs to add percentage mode

Nov 29, 2012

Even as a Nintendo and Smash fan, I find it amazing how many Smash Bros. fans are on these forums...

Brings a smile to my face. Smiley Happy

Photobucket
Message 2 of 11 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Nov 29, 2012

I don't agree. I think All-Stars plays perfectly fine the way it is. Using the Smash Bros style of gameplay is incongrous with how this game plays. You hit on it already, with your suggestion about the maps. But there are quite a few other factors at play here that keep PASBR from being able to fully realize this sort of gameplay. 

The maps aren't made for ring outs. Smash Bros maps are, for the most part, designed to promote throwing players off and keeping them off. The maps have large parts of them that are open air. Many are floating chunks of earth, like Battlefield or FInal Destination. All-Stars maps are made for confined play. Look at something like Stowaways. There is only one side on that map to throw off a character. 

Secondly, the movelists for the characters don't incorporate "comeback" moves. In Smash Bros all the characters have, to some extent, a move that brings them back from the edge. Generally this is tied to UP + B. Several characters in All-Stars would be pitifully underpowered in a game mode like this because they can't efficiently return from below, or from a far smash. 

Lastly, like probably many at SuperBot, I really enjoy how this game plays and I see that it has a lot of potential for fun. The Supers are more than fine, short term and long term. 

Check out my video game blog: http://pixeltrowel.wordpress.com
I don't regurgitate, I provide valuable opinion. Delve into video games with me.
Message 3 of 11 (215 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Hell no. The exact mode of Smash does not get near this place. I rather have other modes
Message 4 of 11 (200 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Look man if you think about it. This can and never would happen. How would specials work in percentage format? Some maps also don't even have knock out zones... Characters also dont have smash attacks to knock out the oppoenet with.  You can't apply Smash Bros to PSASBR. Its 2 completely different games.

Just because their on screen fighting is the same as Smash doesn't mean the same aspects, perspective, assets and concepts can apply to PSASBR.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 5 of 11 (197 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Nov 29, 2012

LX_Theo wrote:
Hell no. The exact mode of Smash does not get near this place. I rather have other modes

Just as an aside, if any of the six characters in your sig show up in this game as future DLC I will be the happiest person alive.  All of them but Wander are the top 5 on my Most Wanted list, lol

Message 6 of 11 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Sorry to say, but from a reasonable stand point this isn't possible.

Message 7 of 11 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Nov 29, 2012

I'm a Smash Bros. fan, and I can say that this just won't work for this game. The game is built around using Supers to get points. Also, a valid point from one of the forumers...there are no knockout zones in most stages. The point of Smash Bros. is to knock your opponent out of the boundary area of the stage to get points. This just cannot be applied to this game.

SonicNaruto669 Trophy Card

Generations Beginner's Guide (For Pros Too)

http://forums.saiyanisland.com/showthread.php?t=50715
Message 8 of 11 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Nov 29, 2012

That would mean Superbot would have to overhaul the entire system... I think only a few characters have attacks that get them back on the stage, plus as it was mentioned not all stages have knock out zones. Dojo being a big one...

I honestly think (As someone who played the crap out of Smash Bros Melee) I think the super system is awesome. I find the game very enjoyable. We don't need a precentage mode, but other forms of game modes are welcome.

Bring that Capture the flag idea back, Superbot! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 11 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Nov 29, 2012

I know its tedious to hear person after person go against your idea on a forum, but they dont "need" to add a percentage mode. The game was built around the super system, and it works perfectly around that. Having a percentage mode wouldnt mean just changing some code around, they would have to redo maps entirely, redesign game mechanics completely and just do stuff to the game that is just unrealistic in game design today. Implementing capture the flag for example is a much more realistic possibility since it would just be an extension of the game's existing mechanics.

Message 10 of 11 (98 Views)
0 Likes