I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Re: SuperBot hiring is Fantastic News!

Dec 12, 2012
Sony's hesitance to advertise and pay for some characters did seem like they didn't have high expectations. This looks like it met them, at least.

What are those? Profit? Breaking even? Good critical response? Who knows.

It does seem as though they went in with this game with the intention of breaking into the market rather than going all out. Again, whatever indicates that to Sony is up in the air.

This just seems as though they met it well enough to get tu go ahead to begin hiring for a sequel (these positions don't make sense for DLC to me).
Message 21 of 30 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Dec 12, 2012
Im just going to leave this here http://www.gamefly.com/news/article/216412/superbot-recruiting-for-more-playstation-mash-ups/#.UMi7g...

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 22 of 30 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 12, 2012
khalicon - none of those points made any sense.

1 - If they aren't 'taking risks' with Resistance 4 & Heavenly Sword 2, I don't see them rushing to PSABR 2 unless its performing better then they expected.

2 - inFamous 2 begs to differ.
3 - That's a point ?
4 - If the game isn't making money, hiring more people makes no sense, they're not paying the staff with stickers.
5 - If that were the case, we'd see advertising, not a sequel.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 23 of 30 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
760 posts

Dec 12, 2012
Sohail, they are hiring at SuperBot. The fact they are hiring at SuperBot means that Sony isn't done with them yet. No one knows what they are going to do though.
Message 24 of 30 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 12, 2012
Oh no, I'm simply responding to khalicon's suggestion that they're trying to break a profit by releasing DLC & a sequel.

In my opinion, I think Sony had the game on the back burner as somewhat of an experiment, it probably wasn't too expensive to make & with such a small team to finance, little third party support & near no advertising, the sales were better then expected, and so they've decided to go all out in terms of support for DLC or a sequel, which is great news for all of us.
Message 25 of 30 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
khalicon - none of those points made any sense.

1 - If they aren't 'taking risks' with Resistance 4 & Heavenly Sword 2, I don't see them rushing to PSABR 2 unless its performing better then they expected. Insomniac (Resistance) is not on the Sony teet anymore. Ninja Theory (Heavenly Sword) is building the next DMC title. Both developers are working on non-exclusive titles, Sony can't force them to make R4 and HS2 even if they wanted to take the risk on them. SuperBot Entertainment was CREATED for All-Stars. That makes sense to me. 

2 - inFamous 2 begs to differ. Should I refrain from generalizing just so people can't pick apart my arguments with their exceptions? 
3 - That's a point ? PS4 is a point. Think of All-Stars now as a pre-hype for All-Stars PS4. Makes sense to me. Building an IP base for PS4 games is only smart. Provide the first in a series late in the PS3 life cycle and rope in fans for the PS4. They probably figured this out with God of War back when 2 was the last PS2 title. 
4 - If the game isn't making money, hiring more people makes no sense, they're not paying the staff with stickers.  But they are paying staff with subsidized cash from Sony. If Sony wants a sequel and DLC, why not get SuperBot some more talent to get the ball rolling. 
5 - If that were the case, we'd see advertising, not a sequel. Not necessarily. Advertising is generally not so effective after the first few weeks. Why waste more money on ads for a game that's already out? And we've already seen that Sony doesn't advertise for crap. 

And yet All-Stars could be making some good profits and that's all why they are hiring. I'm only stating that in my scenario it still makes sense for SuperBot to be hiring for a sequel. And once again: This is all built on the premise that Sony is a long term player. And I've already provided evidence for that. 

Also, your comment above this one is the first argument that you bring to the table that makes sense. You should have opened with that instead of telling me that I don't make sense. Both of our views are valid scenarios. 

Check out my video game blog: http://pixeltrowel.wordpress.com
I don't regurgitate, I provide valuable opinion. Delve into video games with me.
Message 26 of 30 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 12, 2012
1 - Sony owns the rights to the IP's, they can get whatever dev they like to handle the project, and they've got more then enough choices to do so. These are just 2 examples though, there are many more series yet to get a sequel, some more successful then others, some with the series devs still owned by Sony i.e. Syphon Filter.

2 - There's many more examples I could use, so yeah a general statement isn't helpful.

3 & 4 - This all comes back to the belief that Sony is still trying to make a profit on the game. If they can't do that with the first, how can you expect them to do so via DLC & a sequel ? There's a difference between say God of War & PSABR.

5 - I meant advertising for the game pre-release, there was a severe lack in such. Considering this was their biggest launch of 2012, it makes no sense for them to advertise Call of Duty Blacks Op Declassified over this.
Message 27 of 30 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 12, 2012
I'm not exactly 'arguing' with you, more trying to understand your scenario.
Message 28 of 30 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
760 posts

Dec 12, 2012
Ohhhhh, I see what you mean now, sorry for the interuption. Carry on.
Message 29 of 30 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
886 posts

Dec 12, 2012
ThatOneGuy lol ive been thinking the same thing
sora signature photo: signature Sora.png
Funny allstars vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodONCh8mxA eager face photo: Eager face thSpongeBobBandGeeks.gif
Message 30 of 30 (64 Views)
0 Likes