Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: SuperBot hiring is Fantastic News!

Dec 12, 2012

musicfreaklam wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

JesseCasco wrote:
It's selling alright now, but a lot of people are waiting until Christmas to actually buy the game. So sales should boost in a few weeks.

i know lol, but still idk if itll affect it that much, i love superbot, i love sony, and i love this game, it just doesnt look good right now :/

Also, that figure of 175,000 is confirmed to just be physical copies only.  Only Sony knows how many digital copies have been sold

really? thats not too bad than lol, i heard it was combined sales

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 30 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Dec 12, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

musicfreaklam wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

JesseCasco wrote:
It's selling alright now, but a lot of people are waiting until Christmas to actually buy the game. So sales should boost in a few weeks.

i know lol, but still idk if itll affect it that much, i love superbot, i love sony, and i love this game, it just doesnt look good right now :/

Also, that figure of 175,000 is confirmed to just be physical copies only.  Only Sony knows how many digital copies have been sold

really? thats not too bad than lol, i heard it was combined sales

Yup!  Someone would have to literally ask Sony or one of it's internal companies how many digital copies of a specific game were sold

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 30 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Dec 12, 2012
kind of a refreshing news, since this year all i've heard from dev news are lay offs....
Play For Fun!
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 30 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2383 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Colton360 wrote:
No worldwide. We still have japan goddamnit

without any JRPG reps i doubt itll do well over there

Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 30 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Dec 12, 2012

It could also just mean that Sony is insulating them, hoping to break a profit on DLC and a sequel down the line. 

Check out my video game blog: http://pixeltrowel.wordpress.com
I don't regurgitate, I provide valuable opinion. Delve into video games with me.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 30 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 12, 2012
khalicon, that makes no sense. If they're not making money off the game, why would that warrant hiring more people for DLC that only a few people will buy & a sequel to an unsuccessful game ?

Also, vgchartz is very unreliable for sales figures. As for this news, I think it's great that chances for a sequel are looking good, I'm sure they'll be able to solve a lot of problems by then & with a larger team and an already established engine/design, they have more time to spend on expanding. Lets just hope it's for the next gen.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 30 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Dec 12, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
khalicon, that makes no sense. If they're not making money off the game, why would that warrant hiring more people for DLC that only a few people will buy & a sequel to an unsuccessful game ?

Also, vgchartz is very unreliable for sales figures. As for this news, I think it's great that chances for a sequel are looking good, I'm sure they'll be able to solve a lot of problems by then & with a larger team and an already established engine/design, they have more time to spend on expanding. Lets just hope it's for the next gen.

1. Sony is a large company and they are known for taking long term high-risk-high-reward investments. Examples: PS3, Bluray. They also insulate companies like Insomniac. Sony also invests in smaller companies like "That Game Company" and "Giant Sparrow." There was no guarantee that either of those companies would turn a profit. 

2. Sequels always do better

3. PS4

4. Hiring more people for building a sequel and releasing dlc in a timely fashion is a good move, regardless if the game is making money. 

5. Sony already spent a ton building a company from the ground up just for this game. They are heavily invested already. Why not absorb a loss if that means making it back down the line? Other companies do this. Look at  the "Fresh n Easy" produce chain in the United States. They haven't turned a profit in the five years they've been in business, but the larger corporation funding them was banking on breaking even by the end of next year. 

It does make sense. I am far from saying that All-Stars is a market failure, but that doesn't mean that its silly to consider it. 

I don't regurgitate, I provide valuable opinion. Delve into video games with me.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 30 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 12, 2012
What I mean is, why would they pay more people to create DLC for a game that they believe is under performing. The team themselves can carry on making DLC without Sony having to invest. As for hiring people to make a sequel, for a game released for less then a month, I doubt they'd begin development on a sequel if the original wasn't performing to the potential they anticipated.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 30 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
What I mean is, why would they pay more people to create DLC for a game that they believe is under performing. The team themselves can carry on making DLC without Sony having to invest. As for hiring people to make a sequel, for a game released for less then a month, I doubt they'd begin development on a sequel if the original wasn't performing to the potential they anticipated.

I already addressed all your points. I'm not going to spell out my argument again.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 30 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Dec 12, 2012

I'm sure it sold more then what people are saying. I'm just happy I got two of my friends to buy the game.

ape escape. Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 30 (88 Views)
0 Likes