Feb 03 2013
By: LikeRA1N Wastelander 632 posts

SuperBot! Say something!

[ Edited ]
39 replies 962 views Edited Feb 3, 2013

SuperBot. Hi. I'm one of your supporters. Even today. I'm not that person raging on your forums or demanding unrealistic content. But as a FAN of your work, I ask that you all at SuperBot Entertainment not leave us in the dark so much.

I'm sure you know (how can you not?) by now how bad the sportsmanship of the online community for All-Stars is. And I understand it's not your fault that over 90% of people who play All-Stars can't take an honest loss.

That's fine!

But address this issue to your community, the people who went out and pre-ordered and bought and downloaded and supported this game and continue to do so . It is a very big issue. And you all need to say something about it. Don't you think the community deserve that much?

It's not as bothersome in Quick Matches but today I had 3 quitters in Ranked matches. Matches I was going to WIN! Now three matches may not sound like a lot but trust me--it is! You've created the grind fest that is your Belt Point system. You know well how time consuming it is to rank up. I'm supposed to be a Brown Belt right now but because of ONE person who couldn't take a loss with THREE seconds on the clock, I'm still a 91-point Red Belt.

And I've been 91 since the first of the last three games I've had won.

Surely you can understand how frustrating it is, no? Will you address this situation? I may bump this thread everyday I can until I get a response from a SuperBot staff member. All I want is a simple statement. Maybe a "we're working on it" or I'd even settle for the infamous "stay tuned".

Just let us know something. Thank you.

--I've read and re-read my post to make sure I didn't stumble over my words or contradict myself. And, yet, I'm still prepared to take some heat from this 'community'. So have at it.

(TL;DR: I want SuperBot to finally address quitters.)

Photobucket
Message 1 of 40 (962 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7048 posts

Re: SuperBot! Say something!

Feb 3, 2013

Ive had it worst :/

I have rage quitters just about every game :'(

These people **bleep** me of so much that I want to hurt them physically. I work my @ss off to get kills and even make some last sec comebacks, but once those few secs are left on the clock they rage quit! 

IT IS WAY!!!! TO DAM-N HARD ALREADY TRYING TO WIN AS JAK. WInning as Jak is highly rewarding because of his over-nerfed aspects of him, which needs buffs and re-buffs... This nonsense needs to be fixed. Quitting out in RANKED games need to be taken out. ATM im not sure which game had it, but I have one game that I can recall has no option for quitting ranked games. FFA and 2v2 Ranked needs this!

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 2 of 40 (933 Views)
Highlighted
Sackboy
574 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Lol, ive totally stoped playing FFA mainly because of quitters. its impossible to win a game in FFA, everytime someone dies, they quit and everytime, theyre the host. i can feel your pain -_-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main: Toro
Other: Kratos, Parappa, Heihachi & Sly

English is not my main language, so im sorry about my mistakes.

Show your support for Gex as DLC!

Message 3 of 40 (900 Views)
Wastelander
847 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Fred1023 wrote:

Lol, ive totally stoped playing FFA mainly because of quitters. its impossible to win a game in FFA, everytime someone dies, they quit and everytime, theyre the host. i can feel your pain -_-

same here, i stopped on green belt  78, just give up after a couple of quitters, now i play quick, and usually 2x2.

Message 4 of 40 (871 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Feb 3, 2013
I will love to see that when someone is about to ragequit, theres a message warning them that they are going to lose BP if they quit

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

original.png

Message 5 of 40 (856 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Feb 3, 2013

I'm in the same boat as BlueDiamond above but in my case its Sir Daniel and need I tell you is a character that takes alot of work and most of the time the reward isnt high when you can see simpler characters getting level 3s alot easier than you and pretty much all the other levels but I shant not let that deter me from using Fortesque

Message 6 of 40 (846 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Feb 3, 2013
Sometimes you don't lose points for quitting. Lol
Message 7 of 40 (839 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
632 posts

Feb 4, 2013

I really hope SuperBot sees this. The quitting has seriously become a game-breaker.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 40 (716 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1512 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Yo BlueDiamond, I knew I recognized you. GG the other day at Dojo (I was Drake btw). Haha I'm too good...
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 9 of 40 (689 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Feb 4, 2013

I used to feel the same way with games that had certain issues. (Though I don't run into this one much, at least not enough for it to be a huge concern) But think about it, what good is SuperBot saying anything going to do?

If they do say something like you ask, best case scenario it will be "We are aware of this issue and are working hard to fix it," or something of the sort. I'm sure you and others will be grateful that they spoke up, but to near everyone else they would have read "We are putting out a fix soon!!!" That isn't good for us, Superbot, or anyone.

The only thing SB speaking up will do is make people impatient, thinking that because they said something that a fix or solution is imminent. I'd much rather SB kept quiet until they can 100% guarantee a fix in a fair amount of time from when they announce it. I know SB is hard at work for solutions and I don't need their word to prove it. It will come, just gotta be patient.

Message 10 of 40 (685 Views)