Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: Super System Versus Smash Bros's Knockouts

Sep 26, 2012
If I may throw this out there, people didn't think CoD was going to compete with Medal of Honor at first, either. Look at how that turned out. I'm not saying I expect PSAS to end up better unanimously, but it's not easy to say for sure that SSB will always come out on top (as if either game could really come out on top when they're not even directly competing).
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 68 (139 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Sep 26, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
(as if either game could really come out on top when they're not even directly competing).

This is true. If you have a PS3 and a Wii, then more power to you. (Or in this case games)

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 68 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Sep 26, 2012

They may not be on the same console but these games will be directly competing for "Best 4-Player Console Mascot Fighter".

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 68 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Sep 26, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

They may not be on the same console but these games will be directly competing for "Best 4-Player Console Mascot Fighter".

Well, to be honest, only the general public is making it seem like that. Similar to how people compare Prototype to inFamous for best superhero sandbox game. I really don't care either way as long as it's fun.

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 68 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2012

Which is entirely arbitrary and subjective, and will never be definitive. Which is better doesn't matter when they're both equally fun in different ways. There'll be fanboys that constantly say one is better, and there is no definitive best when it comes to something like this.

Edit: **bleep**, I was too lazy to quote and I got ninja'd.  Obviously this is aimed at Organization, but I'll note it for the sake of preventing any possible confusion.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 68 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Sep 26, 2012

A lot of you are speaking to smash balls and timed matches. The beauty of smash is they provide other options from the competetively popular stock matches to stamina for those more particular interests so they don't hold you to their specific system. It provides a nice mix. I'm hoping to be wowed by Superbot's outlandish fighting system, but I'm not very confident in it as it stands. I feel that there will appear to be easy ways to farm AP and those characters will absolutely dominate. 

I largely prefer Smash's system, but it's nice to have a different kind of fighting game every once in a while.

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 68 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Sep 26, 2012

I agree with OP. 

the supers get boring. the rest is awesome tho.

but.. if you keep reading you'll notice that this is my signature.
Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 68 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Sep 26, 2012

I do agree I always hated when someone stole my kill after I damaged them. It may get a little boring only being able to kill other opponents in the same fashion. My favorite thing to do in brawl was when some someone tried grabbing on a ledge id kick them down into the abyss.

The thing I like about Pollination allstars in the combo system and earning your kill. Maybe they can put in a game mode with a damage system. But that may be to much to ask for.

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 68 (61 Views)
0 Likes