Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Re: Super System Versus Smash Bros's Knockouts

Sep 26, 2012

Ginta2468 wrote:

I played both, and while it was only a beta, I felt that allstars requires more strategy. In Smash getting your kills stolen isn't cool. Also, Allstars is 3x more aggressive than Smash is, where in Smash you have to be defensive in order to win, while in Allstars you have to be offensive, but not in a way to where you randomly press buttons or supers. I almost never use a level one unless I combo into it, and I come up with new strategies everyday as to SSB it was mostly hit and run. And no, I don't suck at Smash, I am actually pretty good, but it didn't feel as if it didn't have that much depth with the huge unbalancing and only a few characters with combos and not huge combos at that. I won't make anymore comparisons until the full game is out though.

Exactly how I feel.

photo IsaacSig_zps95a635ae.png
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 68 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1332 posts

Sep 26, 2012

no1 in the beta has a lvl 1 that u can combo into

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 68 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Q_Nasty_V6 wrote:

no1 in the beta has a lvl 1 that u can combo into

Not true. Parappa could combo into his lvl 1 in the original beta. Whether this has been changed or not I do not know,(never received the EU one) but in the final build, I'm sure a few characters can land level 1's off of stun combos.

The Party Panda.png

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 68 (94 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6372 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Yeah they do. I main Fat Princess and I air forward circle air center triangle air down triangle then level one. Any character can combo into a super, you just haven't tried hard enough.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 68 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Sep 26, 2012

mtjjrstccw1 wrote:
Dude, smash only has 1 way to kill too...-_- and it still is fun

Not really true. In All-Stars you have to use the exact same supers while in smash bros there are many different ways to smash your opponent out of the stage.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 68 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1332 posts

Sep 26, 2012

What stun combos. Some characters have stun moves. ppl exaggerate on how deep the combo system is. and parappas lvl 1 was like instant. everyone else had slow like 1 second (kratos,FP,sly) build ups that would be impossible to combo into.ST lvl 1 is pretty good but i've never seen it comboed into

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 68 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1332 posts

Sep 26, 2012

well if what u say is true i guess FP lvl1 can be comboed into

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 68 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Sep 26, 2012
Then play more king. You are being very negative about it. I combo into a super with Kratos. It is not hard to pull off at all.
@ Tarheel
Smash has one way to do it. We have three different ways to defeat our opponents. So both have their pros and cons.
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 68 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Q_Nasty_V6 wrote:

What stun combos. Some characters have stun moves. ppl exaggerate on how deep the combo system is. and parappas lvl 1 was like instant. everyone else had slow like 1 second (kratos,FP,sly) build ups that would be impossible to combo into.ST lvl 1 is pretty good but i've never seen it comboed into

Not to be rude, but the combo system is very deep. I suggest you stop hitting *forward square* with Sweet Tooth and learn a bit more about it.

The Party Panda.png

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 68 (74 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6372 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Q_Nasty_V6 wrote:

well if what u say is true i guess FP lvl1 can be comboed into

If I get some sort of recording device I would show you but not a lot of people do it most do a level one either when they feel they have a chance or desperation. Even Radec the long range character can combo into his, a bit harder though. I have played the beta I know.

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 68 (67 Views)