Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 25 2012
By: Level_Code Hekseville Citizen 273 posts

Super System Versus Smash Bros's Knockouts

67 replies 485 views Edited Sep 25, 2012

Obviously this is the only thing setting this apart from Smash Bros, but with that said, it's a pretty huge thing. As someone who has played the Beta extensively, I have to say that the Super System is conceptually better while the Knockout System is overall more fun.

The Super System

Pros:

Giving each character 3 super attacks is awesome

Staying out of the fight is not a viable option

Kills get stolen much less

Cons:

Only 1 way to kill might get old

Unbalance in Levels across characters

More to learn and master for each character

The Knockout System

Pros:

Easier for anyone to pickup and play

Diversity in your kills

Final Smashes acting as Super attacks are awesome

Planning out your kill is more fun

Cons: 

After damaging a player a lot your kill can easily be stolen

Can stay out of battle to avoid damage

Smash Bros system is the defining Brawler system for me, and my love for it will always keep it above the Super System, but for a game that is trying it's hardest to be different from it's inspiration, I commend the Super System for trying something new. I continue to play Smash Bros for hundreds of hours and my worry about limiting the ways to kill is that it will also kill the re-playability factor of the game

Message 1 of 68 (485 Views)
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Re: Super System Versus Smash Bros's Knockouts

Sep 25, 2012

honestly, if smash had a AP bar instead of a crazy fight to get a flying orb for a final smash, i think it would be better.
Also think that the learning curve for characters in this game is more of a pro then a con and gives the game more re-playability in the end.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 68 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Sep 25, 2012
Smashs fighting is better, it gives you the freedom how to kill your opponents, Allstars gives you only three options which I really don't like.

Maybe if they had a health system, not this super only crap.
Message 3 of 68 (436 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5382 posts

Sep 25, 2012
Dude, smash only has 1 way to kill too...-_- and it still is fun
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 4 of 68 (432 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Sep 25, 2012

WarWithSociety wrote:

honestly, if smash had a AP bar instead of a crazy fight to get a flying orb for a final smash, i think it would be better.
Also think that the learning curve for characters in this game is more of a pro then a con and gives the game more re-playability in the end.

The fight for the Smash Ball was half the fun. Whenever it came out things got hectic and that made it all the more better. Also, I'd have to disagree with that. In Smash I was able to play so long because I mastered every character easily and I had 35 (25 in melee) characters who I'd play as, whereas in fighting games with steep learning curves I normally can only get good with 3-6 at a time and then I get bored with them and stop playing sooner.

Message 5 of 68 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Sep 25, 2012

mtjjrstccw1 wrote:
Dude, smash only has 1 way to kill too...-_- and it still is fun

You obviously didn't understand what I was saying. You could use any attack you want to kill and any item and any stage obstacle. Where in this you only can use supers, that's a big difference. It makes the smaller attacks, items and stage obstacles seem to just be AP builders and you use whichever builds the bar quickest. 

Message 6 of 68 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Sep 25, 2012

if super smash bros 4 gets a super meter bar (smash bar) along with the percentage based fighting this game will be for the birds lol. it's a chance they might just do that.

RIVAL STAGE & POLYGON STAGE!!!
Message 7 of 68 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
644 posts

Sep 25, 2012

Only thing that pisses me off about Smash is that someone can just jump off when they get a high percentage and avoid giving you a point.

Message 8 of 68 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2012

if both games just took more from each other and made a not ps/nintendo exclusive they would make so much money

but then again nintendo would probably loose alot of money console wise

Photobucket
Message 9 of 68 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Sep 25, 2012
hyperstory said: "Only thing that pisses me off about Smash is that someone can just jump off when they get a high percentage and avoid giving you a point."

That death goes to whoever hit you last.
RIVAL STAGE & POLYGON STAGE!!!
Message 10 of 68 (399 Views)
0 Likes