Lombax Warrior
253 posts

Re: Suggestion to counter 'Kill Confirms'

Feb 24, 2013
yesterday in free for all.a raiden went 13-3 by just waiting by being in the air waiting for players to bunch up side square 3 easy kills.now, some characters that have lvl 1 supers that could take out multiple people should have no kill confirms like raiden and fp.like e cole is fine because it will get him one, two at the most if they time it right.
Message 21 of 33 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:
See, I'm talking about hard core competitive matches with prizes or such for first place. The competitive scene.

For casuals I totally understand what KCs do to the game. If anything, I'd like each character to at least have one decent one.

Are you trying to imply that people who play the game casually don't take this game nearly as seriously as those who play it competitively in tournaments and such?

If so, then that's just incorrect, but feel free to let me know if I'm misinterpreting what you're saying.

Message 22 of 33 (157 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

I don't think this game was really designed with 1v1 in mind, the system doesn't really work that well with less people (My opinion, not a fact). Still, like others said, Lv 1 abilities aren't the only killing moves, and a lot of characters have moves with enough delay after a block to land a Lv 1 anwyay.

Still, with my suggestion, kill confirms aren't banned completely, you need a decent timing to actually trigger it. Getting hit by an ability you didn't expect could let you miss your timing. The idea was more of a skill-based dodge in this situation.

This is my signature move.
Message 23 of 33 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:
See, I'm talking about hard core competitive matches with prizes or such for first place. The competitive scene.

For casuals I totally understand what KCs do to the game. If anything, I'd like each character to at least have one decent one.

Oh wow. So just because someone isn't involved in one of your or anyone else's tournaments, that makes him/her a "casual" player?

Nice one, Aylas. You're doing wonders for your credibility.

Message 24 of 33 (144 Views)
Wastelander
792 posts

Feb 24, 2013
Yeah good point about evil cole
Message 25 of 33 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Gais I have the solution.

Taking into account the nature of the whole level 1,2,3 system, this is how it should break down:

Level 1: Cannot kill confirm. High risk high reward super that doesn't cost much AP

Level 2: Can kill confirm. Little to no risk for 1 or 2 kills, moderate AP cost

Level 3: Don't really need any sort of confirm. No risk, high reward, enormous AP cost

Having level 1 kill confirms is gamebreaking in my opinion. Especially when only certain characters can do it... and consequently those characters seem to have the easiest time comboing.... eh there is my rant and idea though.

Doesn't matter either way though, it's not like Santa Monica is going to rework the game to please people that already bought it, that's just bad business.

Message 26 of 33 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
31 posts

Feb 25, 2013

I could read posts by IceCold Killa and Gale Master all day.  You guys are the man, or men...lol.  Anyway, the game was not designed for 1v1, it's not Street Fighter.  If a fighter's supers are really bad, then the supers need to be adjusted, not give them a one touch move that guarantees a kill.  Also, I always scratch my hand when people say it's impossible to land Level 1's without Kill Confirms.  They are supposed to be hard to land but without KC's you have to have good timing and reflexes.

For example, Sweet Tooth is one of my favorite characters.  If I'm fighting Dante, want to know a common way I tag him with Level 1?  I don't spam Square in the air for the insta setup.  If he uses his main combo, I block, and if I'm successful, I use the super when he's stuck in his ending lag after his combo.  I blocked his combo and properly punished it.  No KC required.  Granted not everyone has actual lag/recovery time like Dante(looking at you Kratos/Raiden/Sly/Drake/etc) which makes punishing those people incredibly hard.  But either way, that's how Level 1's should have to be landed.  Not, I hit one button, and you die no matter what.

www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Rudrose.png[/img]">
Message 27 of 33 (114 Views)
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Feb 25, 2013
Copy and pasted from another thread of mine.  May you find it useful....                                                                                              After reaching the FFA black belt in the 2 seasons it's been too time consuming for me. I'm not going to bother with the team black belt again it just takes too long and with a decent partner you find here or at the PS3 forum it should be a piece of cake.

I've decided to share a tip against Raidens who abuse the level 1 hit confirm in FFA ranked.

1. WIth Kratos, get a level 1.
2. Raiden's level 1 will overpower Krato's level 1 head on at best both will cancel each other out. When Raiden attacks a player from the left side be on the right side. When he attacks a player from the right side, be on the left side.
3. After he connects with the double forward slash intending to confirm into a level 1, do level 1 yourself towards the collison and that will lead to a double (or triple) kill. Even better, if you attack just after he does the level 1 he will have wasted it.

If you do it enough, this will force the Raiden to settle for a level 2 and take him off his game. I did this strategy on a brown belt who was well on his way to black and the level 1 combo was all he did. I got to play him enough times to figure it out and from there I just catapulted into black belt.
Gamestop nationwide Brawl Regional and District Champion with Kirby.
5/9/2013 Won 100% legitimate online FFA match without pressing square or triangle with Kratos.
5/10/2013 Won 100% legitimate online FFA match without pressing square or triangle with Kratos.
2/2/2013 Winner PSASBR FFA Chaos Tournament
6/9/13 Survived Parappa's Level 2 assault chasing me down in Ranked
6/9/13 No belt to (FFA) Black belt in one evening
Message 28 of 33 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Rudrose wrote:

I could read posts by IceCold Killa and Gale Master all day.  You guys are the man, or men...lol.  Anyway, the game was not designed for 1v1, it's not Street Fighter.  If a fighter's supers are really bad, then the supers need to be adjusted, not give them a one touch move that guarantees a kill.  Also, I always scratch my hand when people say it's impossible to land Level 1's without Kill Confirms.  They are supposed to be hard to land but without KC's you have to have good timing and reflexes.

For example, Sweet Tooth is one of my favorite characters.  If I'm fighting Dante, want to know a common way I tag him with Level 1?  I don't spam Square in the air for the insta setup.  If he uses his main combo, I block, and if I'm successful, I use the super when he's stuck in his ending lag after his combo.  I blocked his combo and properly punished it.  No KC required.  Granted not everyone has actual lag/recovery time like Dante(looking at you Kratos/Raiden/Sly/Drake/etc) which makes punishing those people incredibly hard.  But either way, that's how Level 1's should have to be landed.  Not, I hit one button, and you die no matter what.

Haha, same to you dude. Your first paragraph especially; it's something so simple that KC supporters just can't seem to grasp, and as a result makes many of their arguments fall flat. "X character's super would be useless without KC!" Um, then SuperBot can adjust the super itself. Attack the problem at the source instead of awkwardly making a workaround that not all the community agrees on. 

Also, as a Dante player, yeah, I'm very familiar with how much recovery Dante has on his attacks. Compared to people like Kratos and Kat who seem to have no recovery on their attacks, it's really frustrating. 

In fact, he seems to have MUCH more recovery than all other characters in the game. I imagine SuperBot did that to force players to learn his cancels, but there's just one small problem...Dante can't cancel from his square attacks if the opponent is blocking. So no, you can't cancel into dodge or counter. So why put such unusually long recovery for only Dante in the first place then?

I respect a lot of the SuperBot dev team, but it's things like this that really make me question their "expertise" in making fighting games.

Message 29 of 33 (94 Views)
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Feb 25, 2013

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

Rudrose wrote:

Haha, same to you dude. Your first paragraph especially; it's something so simple that KC supporters just can't seem to grasp, and as a result makes many of their arguments fall flat. "X character's super would be useless without KC!" Um, then SuperBot can adjust the super itself. Attack the problem at the source instead of awkwardly making a workaround that not all the community agrees on. 

Also, as a Dante player, yeah, I'm very familiar with how much recovery Dante has on his attacks. Compared to people like Kratos and Kat who seem to have no recovery on their attacks, it's really frustrating. 

In fact, he seems to have MUCH more recovery than all other characters in the game. I imagine SuperBot did that to force players to learn his cancels, but there's just one small problem...Dante can't cancel from his square attacks if the opponent is blocking. So no, you can't cancel into dodge or counter. So why put such unusually long recovery for only Dante in the first place then?

I respect a lot of the SuperBot dev team, but it's things like this that really make me question their "expertise" in making fighting games.

Well said. Kratos ignores the whole risk/reward system that fighting games abide by. If his attacks get blocked or dodged he can often use the same exact attack quicker than some characters can counter. But Santa Monica would be the last team to nerf their poster child so we have to accept Meta Kratos.

Message 30 of 33 (81 Views)
0 Likes