Survivor
2365 posts

Re: Suggestion to counter 'Kill Confirms'

Feb 24, 2013
What's the point of a setup? Once everyone can get out of it it wont kill anyways.

See, there is an issue with no KCs in the end, 1v1 matches would just about never end. Seriously, you need those confirms to make kills happen sometimes, otherwise the most mobile character will do nothing but run away and chip to win. Boring as heck.
Message 11 of 33 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:
What's the point of a setup? Once everyone can get out of it it wont kill anyways.

See, there is an issue with no KCs in the end, 1v1 matches would just about never end. Seriously, you need those confirms to make kills happen sometimes, otherwise the most mobile character will do nothing but run away and chip to win. Boring as heck.

you see thats what someone who relies on KC's would say. 

If you would just learn how to lure and bait players, landing your level can be a breeze.

Did we all forget that? thats what we all did during the beta but now people just can't seem to win win without spamming easy KCs

Message 12 of 33 (148 Views)
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

So Aylas, have you forgotten that Level 3's do exist in 1v1's? Seems like most KC supporters have... 

Matches actually wouldn't last forever. In fact, since Level 3's for most characters are capable of getting 2 kills instead of 1 (like most characters' Level 2's) in a 1v1, it would actually balance out nicely.

And that's only an extreme. Level 1's may be hard to land (as they should be), but Level 2's?  They defintiely don't need KC's for them to land.

Message 13 of 33 (146 Views)
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Feb 24, 2013

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

So Aylas, have you forgotten that Level 3's do exist in 1v1's? Seems like most KC supporters have... 

Matches actually wouldn't last forever. In fact, since Level 3's for most characters are capable of getting 2 kills instead of 1 (like most characters' Level 2's) in a 1v1, it would acutally balance out nicely.

And that's only an extreme. Level 1's may be hard to land (as they should be), but Level 2's?  They defintiely don't need KC's for them to land.

can I hug you?

Message 14 of 33 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:

See, there is an issue with no KCs in the end, 1v1 matches would just about never end. Seriously, you need those confirms to make kills happen sometimes, otherwise the most mobile character will do nothing but run away and chip to win. Boring as onion cheese sausage lemon beans.

I disagree, it would make 1v1's more intense. Now it is "Oh he has level 1, time to run away from his KC" the match ends up like a pair of rabbid kangaroos.

Without KC's it would force them to go for level 3's and 2's for a kill. This means the two players end up in a race for a high level super, insted of a predictable boring mess of a match.

I'm finding this really hard to explain... Maybe someone else can explain if they share the same opinion, even though no one ever does.

Message 15 of 33 (138 Views)
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Feb 24, 2013

khknight wrote:
can I hug you?

Sorry, I only take these.

High Five!

Message 16 of 33 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 24, 2013
I play Heihachi. Believe me I know about how to bait out a super. But a lot of characters would make it so you never even could consider touching them and just let you struggle till they got a level 3. What's the joy in that?

I know level3s exist, a lot of them in 1v1 get you one kill. And level 2s can be dodged VERY easily by most of the cast. Saying just use a level 2 or three knocks a crap ton of the cast out of the water in the end Matches right now already take 10-15 minutes, I won't want half hour long fights.

Also, as I have said before, if people are only using the same moves to try and confirm, that makes them predictable enough to make reads. Be happy there are confirms, it should make your kills easier.
Message 17 of 33 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:
I play Heihachi. Believe me I know about how to bait out a super. But a lot of characters would make it so you never even could consider touching them and just let you struggle till they got a level 3. What's the joy in that?

I know level3s exist, a lot of them in 1v1 get you one kill. And level 2s can be dodged VERY easily by most of the cast. Saying just use a level 2 or three knocks a crap ton of the cast out of the water in the end Matches right now already take 10-15 minutes, I won't want half hour long fights.

Also, as I have said before, if people are only using the same moves to try and confirm, that makes them predictable enough to make reads. Be happy there are confirms, it should make your kills easier.

They just ruin the fun for me, I get into a great 1v1 online then just to be hit by a KC. Dead, I'm not just talking about my character, I'm talking about the action, the pace of the match. Gone. They do ruin the fun, MANY people say the same thing.

Why should I be happy with somethin that completly kills the game for me?

Message 18 of 33 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:
Getting to a level 3 in a 1v1 isn't that hard, especially for a heihachi player. Although I can see why you might not want to go for a lvl 3, heihachi really got boned when it comes to supers.

Half hour long fights? that sounds a bit exagerated. I like play 20 life stock matches with our friends and the average play tiem for our matches is 15 minutes.

to many kill confirm threads, im not gonna go into detail about this.

Message 19 of 33 (123 Views)
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 24, 2013
See, I'm talking about hard core competitive matches with prizes or such for first place. The competitive scene.

For casuals I totally understand what KCs do to the game. If anything, I'd like each character to at least have one decent one.
Message 20 of 33 (119 Views)
0 Likes