Feb 24 2013
By: BlackIce64x First Son 20 posts

Suggestion to counter 'Kill Confirms'

[ Edited ]
32 replies 367 views Edited Feb 24, 2013

'Another one of these threads?' yeah, well, I love playing 2v2 Quick matches, but lately I've seen nothing but people only going for kill confirms. The game has become pretty frustrating, and I can fully understand why people complain about this.

However, Inoticed a LOT of these kill confirms come from a state where the target is knocked to the ground, then tries to get back up, or is knocked down, but falls down really slowly.

To give back some control to the target: If a target is knocked in to either two of these states (Aka Raiden's side square, the other ECole's charged up attack), there is a small window where the target can press DOWN. In the first state, the target, instead of trying to get back up, will quickly fall to the ground and become invincible (As normal when on the floor. The second state will let the player fall to the ground much faster (Animation of the charcter falling sideways?).

Just holding down should not work, tapping down should happen in between just before getting knocked down, or slightly after actually getting hit by such move. A small enough window would allow you to dodge the attack, but if taken by surprise (Or just too late), you can sill be 'kill confirmed'. Unlike blocking, you cannot retaliate with this.

I know this does not cover every single kill confirm, but it does cover a lot of them, but KC's via walls for example, are much harder to preform, and other things like ECole's puddle are visible and easier to dodge.

Thoughts?

This is my signature move.
Message 1 of 33 (367 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Re: Suggestion to counter 'Kill Confirms'

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

BlackIce64x wrote:

Thoughts?

The developers are not going to remove kill confirms from the game entirely, but they may look through them and remove a select few. They appear to acknowledge and want kill confirms in the game. Dicussing ways to remove kill confirms (as a whole) in a mechanical sense is pointless. The dicussion should be focused toward (if a dicussion should even exist) seeing which kill confirms should be removed or modified.

Message 2 of 33 (358 Views)
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Feb 24, 2013
People act like kill confirms are cheating or spamming. It's a strategy. And they are easily avoidable when you actually pay attention. What I do is I make them use their level 1 so I can avoid it. Guard their attack, and if they're stupid they'll think they hit you and use their super. After that its easy to avoid.
Message 3 of 33 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Feb 24, 2013

"EColes Puddle". Am I the only one who thinks that sounds cute?

I think there should be a whole second delay between an attack and then a super. That should wipe out KC's altogether without removing combo potential.

Message 4 of 33 (323 Views)
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Feb 24, 2013

KomodoBrothers wrote:
People act like kill confirms are cheating or spamming. It's a strategy.

Message 5 of 33 (309 Views)
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Feb 24, 2013

I actually think this idea would be pretty cool!

I really think this game could benefit from more defensive options for players (like Wall-teching to avoid wall bounce KC's, or ukemis to ground roll away from hard air knockdowns), and your idea would definitely be a step in the right direction.

I think this should only apply to the type of knockdown that makes you fall to your knees (like after E.Cole's giga punch). Raiden's forward square staggers you, but doesn't cause a knockdown.

Message 6 of 33 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 24, 2013
The only problem being this idea would eliminate a LOT of the combos in this game.

Seriously, those little knockdowns are necessary for a lot of combos, so being able to escape would make this game entirely oki based which would get dull.
Message 7 of 33 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Splatteregg wrote:

I think there should be a whole second delay between an attack and then a super. That should wipe out KC's altogether without removing combo potential.

something like this

but.. if you keep reading you'll notice that this is my signature.
Message 8 of 33 (259 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 24, 2013
Call me a noob all you want I just need to know is it only a kill confirm if it is unavoidable?
Message 9 of 33 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Splatteregg wrote:

That's a pretty good idea too. That would basically turn all KC's in this game into setups like Sir Daniels.

Message 10 of 33 (241 Views)