Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Re: Sub-Zero / Scorpion from Mortal Kombat

Nov 29, 2012
also Trknotize, how do you feel about the way sub-zero got treated in mk9, i personally feel he got treated like crap. XD
[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 81 of 174 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Re: Sub-Zero / Scorpion from Mortal Kombat

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

ScreamKing09 wrote:
also Trknotize, how do you feel about the way sub-zero got treated in mk9, i personally feel he got treated like crap. XD

Yes, Sub-Zero in MK9 is at the bottom in the tier lists. But I expected it. Ed Boon is a Scorpion fan and he makes sure Sub-Zero is treated like crap all the time. Even in the menu screen they show Scorpion upper-cutting Sub-Zero. I hate Ed boon in that aspect though.

I still love playing as Sub-Zero though, I find his moves and gameplay really challenging and more satisfying when it pays off.

I'm sure if this game ever gets an MK rep. Ed Boon will push Scorpion, Scorpion will be boring as hell (pun intended) with his harpoon, we already have players like that in this game. What would be REALLY interesting is Sub-zero and his ice clone mechanics.

His Forward Square can be his Ice Sword combo Directly from MK. That would be great. He can also have ground freeze and upper cuts etc.

If SuperBot wanted to raelly bring a unique playstyle they would choose Sub-Zero over Scorpion. Anyone arguing otherwise is just a Scorpion fan and not willing to admit that his style of play is already used by many players in this game (Parappa's grab/Nariko/ even Kratos chain to some extent)

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 82 of 174 (113 Views)
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Re: Scorpion / Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat Thread

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

Omega_Rez wrote:

if you want an MK rep then just play toro in ninja stance. if they had a SF or MK rep, it would make toro complete waste of spae since justice form is like street fighter and ninja is like mortal kombat.  so just stick to toro.

Hmm... have you played MK or SF? Saying Toro represents MK or SF is like saying Radec  represents Uncharted ( for Nathan Drake) because Radec has a machine gun. Seriously... have you even played as Sub-Zero in MK ? Toro has nothing like that, sure he has a few moves that resemble some of the SF/MK characters but not Sub-Zero.

Co-incidentally... I'm wearing my Sub-Zero T-Shirt today Smiley Very Happy

------
Message 83 of 174 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 29, 2012
http://americantshop.com/images/w17/82161.jpg That one ! Smiley Happy
------
Message 84 of 174 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

dude do you not realise that they made toro be like reps from those games on purpose?

ninja stance has the subzero dash, the scorpion hook, liu kangs bycicle kick, noob saibots teleport attack.

justice stance is much like any fighting game but is meant to be like street fighter with the uppercuts etc.

demon oni stance has the mochi ball throw which is like a hadouken. and toro's level three has a screen effect like akuma's.

i'm not trying to burst your bubble but i see a sf/mk rep highly unlikely because then what would be the point of having toro and/or having toro play the way he does in each stance. also fighting game like street fighter and mortal kombat didn't really do anything for playstation, they were just on it, didn't impact it in a huge way. and if you argue back with "then why is tekken represented?" or "why is heihachi in" i will say its because tekken was a successful fighting game for ps1 that helped elevate the console and gave it its own original fighting game. just so happens that heihachi is really popular.

#ClownTroops
Message 85 of 174 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Sub-Zero dash? *facepalms*. What are you talking about....

It's a sad joke that people actually think that Toro is a fitting representation of "all fighting games". Like I said you can keep making these references but as I said that's like saying Nathan Drake can represent kill zone because he has a gun. That is as bad an analogy as what you've given with respect to Sub-Zero's "Dash".

Oh well, I cannot expect more from this community.

------
Message 86 of 174 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Nov 29, 2012

go ahead act high and mighty to make yourself feel better. im sure that helps.

btw radec is nothing like drake and the fact that you use that in replies is a joke. does drake have a sniper rifle? does radec use barrles and zip lines? does drake disappear to drop grenades? no they don't because they are different and come from totally different games.

you just fail to realise that subzero wont make it in cuz toro is its representation in an indirect way.

ALSO why have sub zero when we already have good cole who uses ice powers.

#ClownTroops
Message 87 of 174 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 29, 2012
the reason why Toro has references to other fighting games is because Toro is a videogame fan, that's why his moveset consist of references to other fighting games....
Play For Fun!
Message 88 of 174 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 29, 2012
You clearly know nothing about how Sub-Zero plays if you think Cole's "ice powers" is somehow representing sub-zero.

Please just stop posting here because you are proving yourself wrong by arguing my exact point.

"Does Drake have a sniper rifle?"
"Does Toro have an ice clone"?
------
Message 89 of 174 (89 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

did you read what i wrote i didn't blatantly say cole is just like subzero, cole has ice powers, no use having a character like subzero or scorpion due to whats in the game already. besides there are way more fitting characters for dlc that what you suggest in this thread.

i also never said that second quote. nice try.

#ClownTroops
Message 90 of 174 (82 Views)
0 Likes