Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Re: Scorpion / Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat Thread

Nov 14, 2012
Maybe... but still would be better to get a proper MK rep., I don't really see Toro as a rep for it whatsoever Smiley Happy
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 61 of 174 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Re: Scorpion / Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat

Nov 14, 2012

Netherrealm clearly has a good relationship with sony. I don't see why this isn't a possibility.

Also, MK4 and MK Trilogy were extremely popular on the PS1.

Message 62 of 174 (297 Views)
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 15, 2012
Now that Emmett Graves is out (who is yet another gun character) not that I mind that Smiley Very Happy More guns ar ealways great,

I really think Sub-Zero would add a very unique gameplay mechanic to this game. Ice clone pleeeeeeeeezzz!
------
Message 63 of 174 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

Just an idea.. Scorpion & Gex together?

Both travel through dimensions.. and both ips are known for their one liners.

Seeing Gex (Who is allot like J. Cage and J. Bond) poke fun at Scorpion..

Cartoon Violence vs Brutal Violence

pap

Message 64 of 174 (274 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Either or would be fine with me, although Cole can freeze other characters.  If you look at one of the videos, it shows Cole shooting an ice missile at Parappa and Parappa deflecting it back with the neutral triangle, turning Cole into ice then comboing him.

Based on Mortal Kombat 2012, I think Scorpion has a better skillset when it comes to differentiating himself.  His teleport would be way too overpowered if it was a regular attack though, but could be used as a good level two, where he comes from the other side of the character on his height but furthest to the other side(good if they're bunched together and he has a level two hit everyone.)  I've seen people say that his spear is already used by people like Kratos or Parappa to pull characters, but this could be used at a much longer distance and leave him at a major disadvantage if it misses what with the long recovery time(let's say have it reach across most of the screen before it doesn't allow him to pull back.)  Also after going far enough and doesn't hit anyone, have it disconnect but continue going until it hits someone or hits a wall(and have it stay there a bit before it disappears, but still allow him to use another.) Perhaps make Scorpion the only one in Playstation All Stars that can grab in the air with side o.  He's not the only MK character that can, but he's one of a very few.  His ground fire could auto target but only target up to a certain distance.  Then his combos could be a mix of square and triangle sort of like Raiden.  So his o attacks would be stuff like side o on the ground being his spear, down o in air or on ground does ground fire, side o in air does air grab. neutral o has him lift up his mask quickly breath downward fire, up o for a counter(breaker like in MK.)  His level one could be the Mortal Kombat uppercut, complete with "toasty" if it connects.  His level two is the teleport I described above, could go through and kill multiple people bunched together, and his level three everyone could be pulled into hell and he could pull off his mask and do a much stronger fire to kill them(level three that kills everyone on screen.)

Message 65 of 174 (263 Views)
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 15, 2012
I beg to differ with Scorpion have a more differentiating move set. It's definitely Sub_Zero IMHO. Scorpion's harpoon can be compared to Kratos if you can compare Cole's freeze with SubZero. But actually Cole does not have an ice clone which would be the best and most unique thing in Sub-Zero's play style , and while he does have some freeze like missile it's not nearly the same thing as SubZero with his clone, ice slides and ice-swords melee attacks.

------
Message 66 of 174 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Re: Sub-Zero / Scorpion from Mortal Kombat

Nov 15, 2012

Scorpion all the way, Spear, Flaming backflip kick, leg takedown slide, air grab, teleport punches, Hellfire. Not to mention this is a mascot brawler and Scorpion is on Netherrealm's logo, making him the official mascot. If there is gonna be a MK rep, it's gonna be Scorpion. (Not hating on anyone else from MK) 

PSASBR wishlist: Kat (CHECK), Chimera, Cloud, Isaac Clarke (CHECK), Chell, Scorpion, Nightmare, Ryu.
Message 67 of 174 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Nov 15, 2012

kupomogli wrote:

Either or would be fine with me, although Cole can freeze other characters.  If you look at one of the videos, it shows Cole shooting an ice missile at Parappa and Parappa deflecting it back with the neutral triangle, turning Cole into ice then comboing him.

Based on Mortal Kombat 2012, I think Scorpion has a better skillset when it comes to differentiating himself.  His teleport would be way too overpowered if it was a regular attack though, but could be used as a good level two, where he comes from the other side of the character on his height but furthest to the other side(good if they're bunched together and he has a level two hit everyone.)  I've seen people say that his spear is already used by people like Kratos or Parappa to pull characters, but this could be used at a much longer distance and leave him at a major disadvantage if it misses what with the long recovery time(let's say have it reach across most of the screen before it doesn't allow him to pull back.)  Also after going far enough and doesn't hit anyone, have it disconnect but continue going until it hits someone or hits a wall(and have it stay there a bit before it disappears, but still allow him to use another.) Perhaps make Scorpion the only one in Playstation All Stars that can grab in the air with side o.  He's not the only MK character that can, but he's one of a very few.  His ground fire could auto target but only target up to a certain distance.  Then his combos could be a mix of square and triangle sort of like Raiden.  So his o attacks would be stuff like side o on the ground being his spear, down o in air or on ground does ground fire, side o in air does air grab. neutral o has him lift up his mask quickly breath downward fire, up o for a counter(breaker like in MK.)  His level one could be the Mortal Kombat uppercut, complete with "toasty" if it connects.  His level two is the teleport I described above, could go through and kill multiple people bunched together, and his level three everyone could be pulled into hell and he could pull off his mask and do a much stronger fire to kill them(level three that kills everyone on screen.)

I don't think his supers should be normal moves, after all theres nothing super about normal lol. I propose this instead.

Lvl 1- Toasty (pulls off his mask and breathes fire in a diagonally down direction) like alot of other characters lvl 1's it would mostly get one kill at a time, but like Sly and Kratos' lvl 1, if you can execute it while you have more then one enemy in a corner, it can possibly rack up three kills.

Lvl 2- Raise hell (His multality from Shaolin monks; essentially his hellfire move on a wider scale.) This would work like Cole's lvl 2, except replace the ice with fire.

Lvl 3- Brutality/Inferno scorpion (another reference to shaolin monks) Scorpion becomes Inferno Scorpion, it's pretty much the same as Kratos, Nariko, Dante, and Evil Cole's lvl 3. He transforms, moves a bit faster, all his moves are super powered and kill on impact.

PSASBR wishlist: Kat (CHECK), Chimera, Cloud, Isaac Clarke (CHECK), Chell, Scorpion, Nightmare, Ryu.
Message 68 of 174 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 16, 2012
Interesting super suggestions.

I wonder if we should tweet Ed Boon on getting Sub-Zero or Scorpion to PSASBR.. too bad I dont have twitter
------
Message 69 of 174 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Giggity bump!
------
Message 70 of 174 (217 Views)
0 Likes