Message 42 of 174 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Re: Scorpion / Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat Thread

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

Tekn0tize wrote:

This game is not just about playstation exclusive characters, why do people keep thinking it must be only exclusive characters. Big Daddy is not the greatest thing to happen to Playstation. Stop making up excuses that only legendary PS1 characters are somehow fitting for this game.

Also in some recent user poll Scorption was among the top 15 requested characters so it's not like he is some obscure or out of place person as far as fighting games or playstation goes.

I though we already went through the whole Big Daddy issue. People keep failing to realize that this game has an objective. To celebrate Playstation, not to have a bunch of random video game characters fighing each other.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 43 of 174 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

Mortal Kombat is by no means a franchise that made no impact on gaming. Perhaps you're a Street fighter fan.

Whichever way you look at it, Big Daddy is not a mascot of Playstation. Just because the BioShock games did great on PS (as well as other consoles) doesn't make Big Daddy some how a "celebration" of Playstation. When you mention BioShock it's not like everyone says "Playstation!!" .

If we are going by pure popularity, there are characters here that are not like the most popular in terms of game selling units but are still in the game. People keep failing to recognise that not every single character here is a Playstation mascot. There ARE 3rd party characters and more to come in DLC. I'm not saying that getting characters is easy, in fact it is very difficult for SuperBot in many ways. But Netherrealms has ties with SuperBot and is not so unlikely to see MK rep for this game.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 44 of 174 (149 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

Tekn0tize wrote:

Mortal Kombat is by no means a franchise that made no impact on gaming. Perhaps you're a Street fighter fan.

Whichever way you look at it, Big Daddy is not a mascot of Playstation. Just because the BioShock games did great on PS (as well as other consoles) doesn't make Big Daddy some how a "celebration" of Playstation. When you mention BioShock it's not like everyone says "Playstation!!" .

If we are going by pure popularity, there are characters here that are not like the most popular in terms of game selling units but are still in the game. People keep failing to recognise that not every single character here is a Playstation mascot. There ARE 3rd party characters and more to come in DLC. I'm not saying that getting characters is easy, in fact it is very difficult for SuperBot in many ways. But Netherrealms has ties with SuperBot and is not so unlikely to see MK rep for this game.

Mortal Combat did made an impact to gaming on Arcades not on Playstaton. Also I'm not a fan of Street fighter.

The fact that all the characters here had success in one time or another. Ape Escape, MediEvil, Parappa, Twisted Metal, Tekken was popular on the psone. Jak, Ratchet, Sly, Devil May Cry, God of War; big titles on the ps2. Little Big Planet, Uncharted, Infamous, heck even Fat princess(the game) are popular on the ps3. Toro the official mascot of Sony Japan, Metal Gear was associated with PS even though it was on other consoles. Irrational Games is currently working on a vita exclusive Bioshock they've been leaning towards Sony for some time know.

Each person has thier own view on who is a Playstation mascot. If you though that this game was going to be focused heavily on third party then you'll probably end up being dissapointed in the game.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 45 of 174 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Sub zeros or scorpions lvl 3, Could be there lvl 3 from mortal kombat shaolin monks where sub enters a super freeze mode and freezes ppl with 1 punch and kills them with anougher, He can also shoot ice balls like a machine gun in that mode.

Scorpions lvl 3 in shaolin, He removes his mask revealing his undead spectre self with a burning skull, He holds his spear knife in a reverse position and slides around on fire and shreds ppl instantly with burning hellfire empowering his attacks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was faithful to Radec from the beginning!! How many others can say the same?!"
Message 46 of 174 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Nov 10, 2012
Also some DC characters? Get some Nether Realm production in this game.
Message 47 of 174 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Nov 10, 2012

the inFAMOUS comics were published by dc soo thats as far as that may go

#ClownTroops
Message 48 of 174 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Nov 11, 2012
so were the uncharted comics Smiley Tongue
Message 49 of 174 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Nov 11, 2012

yeah! i dont know why SuperBot didnt add Mk char in all stars , but i hope to bring DLC... i thinking about Kabal but if people want Sub and Scorpion im ok with that , hmm level 3 for sub.. imagine sub zero freezes all characters and kill them with his ice sword.. and for scorpion take off his mask and burn them ... i hope SuperBot see this (sorry for my bad english)

Message 50 of 174 (111 Views)