Nov 21 2012
By: Subtenko Fender Bender 4213 posts

Story Mode lacks

9 replies 240 views Edited Nov 21, 2012

Anyone else enjoy story mode but find it lacking? What is the actual reason for the all-stars coming together? Whats the background on Polygon man in these storys? None of it's answered :/ The way everything is scripted makes me think there is a sequel for him. He says the famous "You R not Ready [E{" tagline.

He only have two opening lines, there are things that are just lacking in general. Better than nothing, but still the fact remains. I wish the story was a bit more clearer.

--------NEW PlayStation All-Stars Forums-------
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums
- Join the PlayStation All-Stars Arena with us.Contest, Tournaments, Updates, & More! New Forums Too!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Re: Story Mode lacks

Nov 21, 2012

The story is better than nothing, I believe. When they make a story mode that's like Subspace Emissary in Super Smash Bros. Brwal...I'd do backflips.

SonicNaruto669 Trophy Card

Generations Beginner's Guide (For Pros Too)

http://forums.saiyanisland.com/showthread.php?t=50715
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1659 posts

WelRe: Story Mode lacks

Nov 21, 2012

Well the story itself it's not a problem. It's a fighting game anyway.

The real problem are the cutscenes: they suck so hard. If they were CGI cutscenes like the opening, it would have been awesome. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Nov 21, 2012

The lacking thing is that the story mode only sets up the conflict and never resolves it. We never see Drake put down Sly and tell him to go screw off.  Suddenly Drake beats Sly and the Polygon Man appears. Why? Did Drake follow the map!? 

Check out my video game blog: http://pixeltrowel.wordpress.com
I don't regurgitate, I provide valuable opinion. Delve into video games with me.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4213 posts

Nov 21, 2012
Yea the rivalrys dont resolve, nor does the boss become explained or the reason why some or all were 'gathered' some found there way there I think.

It's incomplete or something. Plot holes
--------NEW PlayStation All-Stars Forums-------
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums
- Join the PlayStation All-Stars Arena with us.Contest, Tournaments, Updates, & More! New Forums Too!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1336 posts

Nov 21, 2012

To add polygon man didn't really do anything all he did was land on you, I was expecting him to attack or something. One of the easiest fighting game boss I have played (played it on all star difficulty).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

Nov 21, 2012
It doesn't bug me because it is a fighting game. A lot of great fighting games are like this. Look at the Subspace in Brawl..it was just a meet n greet. They had Pit jump off of Mario's head trying too chase down an enemy when he could fly.... >.<
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Nov 21, 2012
Well its definitely better than street fighter !

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1659 posts

Nov 21, 2012

TheGoldenMonky5 wrote:
It doesn't bug me because it is a fighting game. A lot of great fighting games are like this. Look at the Subspace in Brawl..it was just a meet n greet. They had Pit jump off of Mario's head trying too chase down an enemy when he could fly.... >.<

You can't compare Subspace Emissary to this thing...

Anyway, I don't want to sound annoying, but Pit actually CAN'T fly. Or at least, alone. In Kid Icarus Uprising they explain that he can fly only with the help of Palutena and for five minutes tops. I'm not trying to explain that scene which was kinda dumb anyway, but it actually has sense. But again, the story isn't important in a fighting game, or at least, not that much. The real problem is the quality of the cutscenes which is abysmal, nothing compared to Brawl.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Nov 21, 2012
Did Smash Bros. for the N64 have a story mode? Didn't even have one.
Did Melee have a good story mode, again no. The adventure mode was so and so, but no story.
Brawl, the third in the series, had a good story mode, but even then some of the cutscenes were so short they shouldn't even be there.

The engine has now been put into place. Next Superbot can focus on getting more characters in there. More villains, maybe? To make a storyline that isn't good guys fighting good guys.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (91 Views)
0 Likes