Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Re: Stop with the..

Feb 21, 2013
Hmm, we didnt see enough to judge to be honest. All I was seeing is him teleporting from person to person, and according to the Blog post by Sucker Punch, his ability is to control smoke, so that could be pretty unique. I'm just looking forward to seeing more from it, and definitely hoping its a launch title, because if so, I will be leaning more and more towards nabbing a PS4 early.

@achus, hmm that could work.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 21 of 52 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

Are you sold on the PS4 regardless of the price or is the price still a question?

For me, I believe the launch titles will be MUCH more than what we have seen so far in that conference but I'm still torn on not jumping to the PS4 wagon just yet. Among the launch titles in the conference, none really excited me enough to buy a Ps4. Watch Dogs looked mildly interesting but nothing else... also Diablo 3 was such a disappointing announcement. I just hope Blizzard goes beyond Diablo 3 into someting more interesting

I definitely want to keep my PS3 going for at least another year or year and a half.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 22 of 52 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Feb 21, 2013
i'm definitely gonna buy the PS4, dunno when though,
i mean, i got the PS3 for my bday a couple of months after launch...
Play For Fun!
Message 23 of 52 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Feb 21, 2013
I'm with teknotize some PS4 games they announce yesterday are being develop on the PS3 too so I see no point on getting it just yet unless it has an awesome exclusive only on PS4.

Not so excited for Infamous, Driveclub or, Killzone.
Message 24 of 52 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9892 posts

Feb 21, 2013
Oh I'm definitely getting it, but the launch line up is determining when I get it.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 25 of 52 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 21, 2013
I'm somewhat expecting the price to be <£300. Anything upto that amount is reasonable in my opinion, because the PS3 was £425 when I picked it up, and I did so happily lol. If it is anything more, then I may have to restrain myself, although I may just end up giving in to it as an impulse buy. I'm definitely expecting a lot of quality launch releases, and Watch Dogs being confirmed as one is a massively appealing thing in my eyes, even if it will also be available on the PS3. If they simply make inFamous & Killzone launch releases, then I won't be able to help myself, although I'm expecting great things at E3.
Message 26 of 52 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Feb 21, 2013
to be fair, Watch Dogs (along with that Star Wars game title that i cannot remember) is rumored to be developed for next gen consoles 'cause this gen just doesn't do the game justice...
Play For Fun!
Message 27 of 52 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 21, 2013
Watch Dogs was confirmed for PS3, 360 and PC initially, and has now also been confirmed for PS4 & Wii U - they're basically going to be launching it on all platforms lol. Star Wars, not so interested in, but if it releases on PS4, why not.
Message 28 of 52 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Feb 21, 2013
I totally forgot about Knack... but so far I'm not into any of the launch titles of the existing games, (Infamous/killzone etc.)

Also the "record last FEW MINUTES of your gameplay"... **bleep** dude. Seriously, they should let you record for like at least an hour... last few minutes, what's the point of that other than to report "**bleep** HAPPENED!" "OH look at this glitch I found".

I don't get why you can only record last few minutes of your gameplay. That seems like a bummer to me and just a cheap gimmick.

I also don't think I want to sign up for any of the cloud services and stuff and do monthly subscriptions. I just don't play THAT much games or movies to even justify that amount remotely. And many games I do LOVE, are not the games they offer for free on PSN etc. since I only love selected games and don't play all of them.

Personally, I was kinda okay with the hardware and specs of teh PS4 and that they kept the controller (thankgod!) but pretty disappointed with the game titles so far (Knack seems awesome though but not that much to buy a PS4 just for it) and things like "record last few minutes of your gameplay" was just like **bleep**.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 29 of 52 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 21, 2013
They confirmed PS Plus as one of the services the PS4 will have, which I'm estatic about, because it genuinely is a great service, everyone agrees on that. The basic PSN experience will remain free, and the whole 'you can't play used games' was debunked, so we've still got that option. The controller is perfect in my eyes, just innovative enough to be next gen, while retaining the basics that all Playstation gamers love.

The share button may seem gimmicky to us gamers who don't really do videos lol, but it seems cool. I think the reason it's limited to 15 minutes is because of memory and processing limitations. They have to keep the costs down at the end of the day, but it's fine. Long enough for a multiplayer match or to capture something hilarious. Nothing that detracts from the experience if we don't want it too.

The games announced were great, but E3 is where we'll get to see the full extent of what the early adopters have coming, so I wouldn't worry about the games just yet. Theres still a tonne of third party support to be revealed as well. We've got plenty of time to make up our minds, but in my opinion, Winter can't come soon enough !
Message 30 of 52 (71 Views)
0 Likes