Survivor
2590 posts

Re: Stop taking 'leaks' as gospel.Thanks.

Jul 29, 2012

KingDustero wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

Losing_Charlie wrote:
333, the character emblems in that picture WERE fake. He just used random art work for that photo because there is no official artwork in the beta files.

I thought so :smileytongue: 
So I'd doubt we'd see a second Cole in the mix, ya know?

No we are.  The files in the beta are all legit.  If it is the E3 build, which would've been made in March/July, then it is impossible for there to be any new characters added since then.  Games usually take about two years to make.  The first year is usually about throwing around ideas and getting the core stuff worked on.  Generally after the first year no new big things are added.  They just work on and tune what they have.  

So that means the 20 characters listed in the beta files are the final roster.  The likelihood of them adding anymore than that before launch is basically zero.  Evil Cole is obviously differs a lot from good Cole since there are separate tutorials for each of them.  I myself believe that Cole is able to transform between good and evil during the match, kind of like Zelda to Shiek in SSB.  However each Cole has a moveset that differs a lot from the other.

You con complain as much as you want, but this is the final roster.  If you don't like it that much then just don't buy the game.  No one wants to hear all this complaining about it.

Why are you so incistent that that's the final roster, one of the people from superbot said  around 25 characters, and omar said it's bigger than you think. THIS IS NOT THE FINAL ROSTER. 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 101 (89 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5692 posts

Jul 29, 2012

CharlieisKewl wrote:

DiogoLouro wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

DiogoLouro wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

DiogoLouro wrote:

Dude, I think you're not getting what Losing_Charlie is trying to say.

The leaker that found the beta files is the SAME one that made the pic. He didn't find any pics of the characters, he just put them there to represent them.
It may be classic Dante instead of new one, but Evil Cole is probably in there. The beta files are legit. Just look at Cole's description at the official site, it says something like "here he's decided to take the good path", meaning there could be an evil path. 

These were never stated from the leaker to be from the beta files though. And also, you'd think he'd put a screenshot of them into the article instead of making his own.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/sawk1

I see. It still doesn't add up to me though, unfortunately. 

I think Evil Cole may be part of Good Cole, like a Zelda/Sheik-kind of deal. i doubt they'd make a second Cole, wasting a slot. Thank you for the post, friend!

There's no such thing as a "wasted slot". If they think they can make it work out, they do it.
If he wasn't a separate character there wouldn't be a tutorial for him.

I disagree, they'd need to teach you about the different moves that good Cole and evil Cole can do and why you'd want to be either good cole or evil cole. "Good Cole is good for this and evil Cole is good for this"

I can see this happening.

Another thing is, again, this was the pre-e3 beta. They could had removed/added/changed some characters, ya know?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 101 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5692 posts

Jul 29, 2012

Silverfalcon3000 wrote:

KingDustero wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

Losing_Charlie wrote:
333, the character emblems in that picture WERE fake. He just used random art work for that photo because there is no official artwork in the beta files.

I thought so :smileytongue: 
So I'd doubt we'd see a second Cole in the mix, ya know?

No we are.  The files in the beta are all legit.  If it is the E3 build, which would've been made in March/July, then it is impossible for there to be any new characters added since then.  Games usually take about two years to make.  The first year is usually about throwing around ideas and getting the core stuff worked on.  Generally after the first year no new big things are added.  They just work on and tune what they have.  

So that means the 20 characters listed in the beta files are the final roster.  The likelihood of them adding anymore than that before launch is basically zero.  Evil Cole is obviously differs a lot from good Cole since there are separate tutorials for each of them.  I myself believe that Cole is able to transform between good and evil during the match, kind of like Zelda to Shiek in SSB.  However each Cole has a moveset that differs a lot from the other.

You con complain as much as you want, but this is the final roster.  If you don't like it that much then just don't buy the game.  No one wants to hear all this complaining about it.

Why are you so incistent that that's the final roster, one of the people from superbot said  around 25 characters, and omar said it's bigger than you think. THIS IS NOT THE FINAL ROSTER. 

I'd have to agree with SilverFalcon. Also, King, I don't see why you're so "PAH!" about it. It's like you're being so directive and trying to force others things. You just have a negative tone about your words.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 101 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Jul 29, 2012

I think they've added some other characters, but I don't think they'd remove one.

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 101 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Jul 29, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

CharlieisKewl wrote:

DiogoLouro wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

DiogoLouro wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

DiogoLouro wrote:

The leaker that found the beta files is the SAME one that made the pic. He didn't find any pics of the characters, he just put them there to represent them.
It may be classic Dante instead of new one, but Evil Cole is probably in there. The beta files are legit. Just look at Cole's description at the official site, it says something like "here he's decided to take the good path", meaning there could be an evil path. 

These were never stated from the leaker to be from the beta files though. And also, you'd think he'd put a screenshot of them into the article instead of making his own.

I think Evil Cole may be part of Good Cole, like a Zelda/Sheik-kind of deal. i doubt they'd make a second Cole, wasting a slot. Thank you for the post, friend!

There's no such thing as a "wasted slot". If they think they can make it work out, they do it.

I disagree, they'd need to teach you about the different moves that good Cole and evil Cole can do and why you'd want to be either good cole or evil cole. "Good Cole is good for this and evil Cole is good for this"

Another thing is, again, this was the pre-e3 beta. They could had removed/added/changed some characters, ya know?

Yeah dude I totally side with you in this, if evil cole is in the game, he's part of good Cole. I doubt he'd be a completely seperate character. Like the analogy everyone's been using, it'd be like if Zelda and Sheik were two different characters. Or if all 3 pokemon were 3 different characters completely. It doesn't add up for me.

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 101 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5692 posts

Jul 29, 2012

DiogoLouro wrote:

I think they've added some other characters, but I don't think they'd remove one.

I can see what you mean, as removing one after hard work would be obnoxious for them. But I also don't see Dark Cole as a separate character. However, i could see him as a Zelda/Shiek sort of deal, or I can see you chosing between which cole you want.

MAYBE it'd be like a "DBZ Tenkaichi" thing, like:

You select Cole, then an additional popup would happen and you'd choose Good or Bad.

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 101 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Jul 29, 2012

DiogoLouro wrote:

Things get scrapped in video games all the time. Sometimes they just can't get everything they want done in time. Naughty Dog said they scrapped alot of things that were supposed to be in Uncharted. 

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 101 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5692 posts

Jul 29, 2012

CharlieisKewl wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

CharlieisKewl wrote:

DiogoLouro wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

DiogoLouro wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

DiogoLouro wrote:

Yeah dude I totally side with you in this, if evil cole is in the game, he's part of good Cole. I doubt he'd be a completely seperate character. Like the analogy everyone's been using, it'd be like if Zelda and Sheik were two different characters. Or if all 3 pokemon were 3 different characters completely. It doesn't add up for me.

Exactly! Thanks man! :]

Like, I can also see this:

Example:

Player One chooses Kratos, hits 'ok'

Player Two selects Cole, then an additional popup opens, showing two different versions of him,  and you click Good or Evil 

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 101 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5692 posts

Jul 29, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

CharlieisKewl wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

CharlieisKewl wrote:

DiogoLouro wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

DiogoLouro wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

DiogoLouro wrote:

Exactly! Thanks man! :]

Like, I can also see this:

Example:

Player One chooses Kratos, hits 'ok'

Player Two selects Cole, then an additional popup opens, showing two different versions of him,  and you click Good or Evil 

So technically, it could mean Good and Bad cole are one character, erasing one character from the leaked character list

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 101 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Jul 29, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

DiogoLouro wrote:

I can see what you mean, as removing one after hard work would be obnoxious for them. But I also don't see Dark Cole as a separate character. However, i could see him as a Zelda/Shiek sort of deal, or I can see you chosing between which cole you want.

MAYBE it'd be like a "DBZ Tenkaichi" thing, like:

You select Cole, then an additional popup would happen and you'd choose Good or Bad.

If it's like DBZ, then it's pretty much 2 different characters.

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 101 (47 Views)
0 Likes