Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Re: Stop taking 'leaks' as gospel.Thanks.

Jul 29, 2012

Ultra_flare wrote:
Well I did see the beta files and I don't really care about Cole much but I am kinda disappointed about Crash and Spyro. I know everyone is like "stop hyping over them they'll probably make it" and I'm hoping they still will. I know they aren't Sony's anymore but they are vital parts of playstations history. I'm hoping that the beta files don't reveal the full character list cause that takes all the surprise away from buying the game. For me anyway Smiley Happy Plus I still have hope for PS1's allstars.

Exactly! Smiley Very Happy I want Crash SO BADLY! He deserves to be in the roster more than most who are already revealed :/ In fact, both Crash and Spyro do!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 11 of 101 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
557 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 29, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:
So we can't talk about it?

And Good/Evil cole is very possible

You can chat all you want, it's not happening. 

And no, it's not:

heres why:

A) they stated one character per IP

B) If they were to use 2 characters from the same IP, they wouldn't use the same character twise. Only his level two would be different, I'd read.

They have never said that.

I find it ironic that you're telling others to not go around taking things for granted, when you yourself are so adamant that your opinion is fact.

Message 12 of 101 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 29, 2012

Kamjatang wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

You can chat all you want, it's not happening. 

And no, it's not:

heres why:

A) they stated one character per IP

B) If they were to use 2 characters from the same IP, they wouldn't use the same character twise. Only his level two would be different, I'd read.

They have never said that.

I find it ironic that you're telling others to not go around taking things for granted, when you yourself are so adamant that your opinion is fact.

They'd stated somewhere... if not then I'm sorry I misread. 
But I still find it doubtful that 2 characters from the same IP would make the cut... Only one set of characters from the 2 IP seems far-fetched. In fact, that didn't even look like Cole to me. Looked more like Nathan Hale. Also, that'd make sense.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 13 of 101 (219 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 29, 2012

The character images are in the same beta file that had the Title Fight logo card and the stages.

As said before, there are files called "gcole" and "evilcole". No mention of Nathan Hale or some other equally generic looking character.

Message 14 of 101 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 29, 2012

gerneric123 wrote:

The character images are in the same beta file that had the Title Fight logo card and the stages.

Can you show me proof? I don't think it's real. The stages look real though.

Message 15 of 101 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Jul 29, 2012

My only hope is that a lot of these are early concepts, seeing as a newer build has been seen already before this current build in the beta, judging by the roster. One, like someone pointed out, the one character per IP thing. Maybe it's some sort of "swap", kind of like Samus and Zero Suit Samus for Good & Evil Cole... maybe. Plus, what happened to the confirmation that Snake's voice actor did work for Battle Royale already? Either Snake's gonna be revealed, or he's DLC, or something. That honestly would be a big mistake not to put him in the game.

Message 16 of 101 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 29, 2012

KaozTh3orist wrote:

My only hope is that a lot of these are early concepts, seeing as a newer build has been seen already before this current build in the beta, judging by the roster. One, like someone pointed out, the one character per IP thing. Maybe it's some sort of "swap", kind of like Samus and Zero Suit Samus for Good & Evil Cole... maybe. Plus, what happened to the confirmation that Snake's voice actor did work for Battle Royale already? Either Snake's gonna be revealed, or he's DLC, or something. That honestly would be a big mistake not to put him in the game.

Me too! And I'm pretty convinced that they're all early concepts. 

It may be a character swap thing, ya never know!
And that's true! But he could also be a stage character or make a cameo during story mode Smiley Tongue 

Message 17 of 101 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Jul 29, 2012

Just saw this, maybe this will alleviate some concerns:

"The more you play as Cole, the more his powers will change, making him the first fighting game character with a new dynamic mechanic which follows through each of your matches. People wonder how such a mechanic could work in tournament play. Well, in tournament mode, Cole starts off in the middle with lightning, but if you use more destructive powers or concentrated powers, you get more fire-based or ice-based attacks, respectively, the higher you go up the tournament."

Source: Playstationlifestyle.net/2012/07/29/SuperBot-on-Good-and-Evil-Cole-Playstation-Allstars-Battle-Royale/

Very interesting...

Message 18 of 101 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 29, 2012

KaozTh3orist wrote:

Just saw this, maybe this will alleviate some concerns:

"The more you play as Cole, the more his powers will change, making him the first fighting game character with a new dynamic mechanic which follows through each of your matches. People wonder how such a mechanic could work in tournament play. Well, in tournament mode, Cole starts off in the middle with lightning, but if you use more destructive powers or concentrated powers, you get more fire-based or ice-based attacks, respectively, the higher you go up the tournament."

Source: Playstationlifestyle.net/2012/07/29/SuperBot-on-Good-and-Evil-Cole-Playstation-Allstars-Battle-Royale/

Very interesting...

Cool! Is this source legitimate? Is it able to be proven to be true? Thanks :]

I have one problem with it though... I'd want to be able to turn into good cole again...

Message 19 of 101 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Jul 29, 2012

iceyfire54312 wrote:

But it would be such a waste of a character slot.

Message 20 of 101 (187 Views)
0 Likes