Survivor
2454 posts

Re: Still no Online Pass in the PS Store

Nov 27, 2012
by law ain't it a faulty product? So by law they are obligated to replace it?
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 13 (254 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 28, 2012

I think that to help meet their own sales expectations they purposely did not put the pass up on the store.

People have been asking about this for the past seven days but you don't get a single reply from anybody worthwhile, to either acknowledge that they're having problems posting the pass or that they're deliberately waiting to try to increase sales of the game.

Which is dumb.  If my friend brings a copy of his game to my place and wants to play he shouldn't have to bring his own ps3 to get the same features for something he's already paid for.

I've been a loyal sony customer for 15 years, ever since I was a young kid.   I admit I rent some games, but I buy a ton too!  I buy games off the PS:store when I have the cash.  I recommend the playstation to friends and was telling my buddies to all pick up this game on release.  I've purchased 2 playstation 3's, a psp, and will pretty much buy a vita post holiday season.  I own a fighting game library on the PS3, and own pretty much almost every other great game to come out on the console.  I'm pretty much close to an ideal customer, not only do I spend my own dough, I procure other lifelong customers with my continued enthusiasm.  I'm a gaming connector, I tell people when I've had a great experience playing games, I convince my friendship to adopt games they probably otherwise would not have picked up and increase your sales.  Black friday a friend asks me what the best JRPGs are on the playstation and I immediately conjure a  list, TALES OF GRACES, DISGAEA 4, PS CLASSICS, and explain why the playstation is a good choice for him.

PSASBR is one of the games I happen to be unable to afford while I wait for my next next paycheck and just the knowledge that I cant even rent the game and have a chance of playing with my friends deters me from wanting to buy the game when I feel the company is intentionally and silently screwing me.  Hell it makes me wonder why I lobbied for my friends to purchase the game, one of my best buds regretfully comments "I WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT THE GAME IF I KNEW YOU WERENT GOING TO BE PLAYING".

PSASBR is one of the unique cases where I can't buy the game on release, where I want to rent the game for a few weeks and then pick it up later, but still want content.  I can spend the 10 bucks on an online pass now, I can't spend the 65 for the entire game right now and I think that limiting that option is akin to flipping the bird to a customer, even if the intent is for the long term prevalence of the system.  If the intent is to increase sales why not say so, or at least reply to these threads pondering when you're going to put the pass up?  Why screw the consumer? Why undermine the base of your product? I'm not sure if the numbers prove that the company will come out ahead on sales here, but I know that I'm seriously considering if I should even buy this game when playstation exhibits such toxic behavior.

And what bothers me IS that nobody says anything! The don't release a TBA, they don't say if there are problems or if there are delays or if this is a scheme to increase sales, they meet threads like this with silence.

This kind of customer disloyalty makes me wonder if Sony is worth my continued support.  Hell this is probably a knee-jerk reaction, I'll still buy games down the line and still prefer to the playstation to other systems I've been with them since the beginning afterall, but in terms of PSASBR, I've already told some of my circle of friends that no, I can't play it, and no I'm not going to buy it now.  This means some of them don't buy it because I can't play it with them.  Actions like these establishes a precedent, sure I won't jump off the ship now: but if sony only cares about the bottom line, and continues to act that way, then maybe I'll recall this moment and think, why am I putting my faith in this company? And I'll be vocal about it with my friends at least.  Maybe a group of 5-10 gamers won't tragically alter perception, but as it's been said, if a voice can change a room, it can change the world.

Whatever /end emo rant.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 13 (252 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Nov 28, 2012
I went to the store and the told me they couldn't do anything about the code. Not sure if they wanted to avoid problems because of it though. ¬¬

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 13 (240 Views)
0 Likes