Dec 30 2013
By: JayAeDee First Son 27 posts

Stale-Move Negation

2 replies 117 views Edited Dec 30, 2012

Super Smash Bros. has this feature to encourage players to use a character's full moveset. What it does is the more often an attack is used the less effective it becomes. The only way to bring the attack power back up to near its original power is to use other moves or die. You can read more about it on the Smash Wiki http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Stale-Move_Negation

I think such a feature, or something similar to it, would be welcomed in All Stars. Look at how many people are posting their complaints about dealing with players who abuse the same move (or set of moves) all match long and are fully rewarded. Spamming will always exist and it is possible to deal with such tactics but it is still annoying to put up with. I say this because there seems to be a collective understanding online when it comes to spammers. I've been in many matches where two other people come to the same conclusion and target the player spamming, the free for all becoming a 3v1.

What do you people think of this? Would you support the inclusion of stale-move negation or a feature similar? I'd like to read your thoughts on this.

Message 1 of 3 (117 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Re: Stale-Move Negation

Dec 30, 2012
No I would not support it, it's one of the dumbest things you could put into the game. Most of the moves people complain about are not bad at all and easy to avoid, but they don't try to avoid it and then whine that's its "cheap" and "overpowered". Also every character in this game has at least one move that can be spammed some more than others and the move is more effective, but it's not one sole character. I would say most moves considered "spam" moves aren't as bad as what there made out to be.
Message 2 of 3 (108 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Re: Stale-Move Negation

Dec 30, 2012

To be honest, I've never had a problem with spam in either SSB or PSA. Seriously, the moves aren't supposed to be hard to pull off, you just hold a direction and push an attack button. Landing the move is the challenge, and if someone is hitting you consecutively with the same attack you need to rethink your strategy.

(How often in a 1v1 match of SSBB are both characters running at each other and pressing the A button in hopes of connecting? Does the stale move negation even cross the players mind?)

I think "Stale-Move Negation" kind of erases the "easy to pick-up, hard to master" quality that these kinds of games hold. (Although the option should be there.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 3 of 3 (100 Views)
0 Likes