Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 24 2012
By: Zezzler Wastelander 596 posts

Stage Ideas Thread

[ Edited ]
9 replies 143 views Edited Oct 24, 2012

Everyone always gets so hung up over the characters that sometimes we forget about the other aspects of the game, such as the amazing Crossover stages.

So I figure why don't we all try to come up with some cool, fleshed out, stage cross over ideas.

For Example:

Dark Cloud / Katamari

So the stage starts off plain, but as we go along, using 'Georama' a Town will be built in the background slowly, adding more platforms and obstacles in the stage.

Once the town is decently built, a bunch of bright ranbows will arc into the background along with a bunch of animal and what not, adding in the Katamari aspect. From here, a katamari will plow through the town knocking some of the platforms away, rolling up parts of the town, as katamari characters start to 'invade' the stage, and it just becomes a cluster of hilarious awesome.

Dran could be flying around trying to stop the katamari as the king sits atop a mountain and so on.

So there is my idea, lets hear some more! 

Who knows, we could actually see some as DLC down the line sometime.

Message 1 of 10 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
596 posts

Re: Stage Ideas Thread

Oct 24, 2012

No more ideas anyone?

Come on, let's hear some in-depth and thought out ideas for stages!

Message 2 of 10 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Oct 24, 2012
Crash stage mixed with Final fantasy

Message 3 of 10 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Oct 24, 2012
Ya know what I'd like to see? A Motorcross/Modnation stage
I probably posted a joke here. If you get offended, I'm sorry in advance. I'm not here to start fights.
Message 4 of 10 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Message 5 of 10 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Oct 24, 2012
Might as well post it here:

For Cloud and Dart it could be a FFVII stage mixed up with elements from Legend of Dragoon, like the Gold Saucer with the big Dragons of Dragoon floating around, or the Midgar Slums with the Church in the middle. A Legend of Dragoon Level, with the Meteor of FFVII threatening it could also work.

I'd like to have a Stage based on the Tibet Level of Tomb Raider II. But if it has to be a mash-up with another game, then I can see a Jungle-Level based on both Tomb Raider and Crash Bandicoot, maybe the forgotten Valley with the Dinosaurs, since Dinosaurs also appeared in Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped.

A Desert level based on the journey would be amazing. It could also be mashed up with Shadow of Colossus, namely the giant flying Colossus "Phalanx" who suddenly breaks out of the Sands, or even better, they could use two different colossi that appear randomly, another one being the Sandworm "Dirge".

There HAS to be a Wipeout Stage, and Gran Turismo is one of the biggest IPs they have, so why not mix them up?
It could start with a normal Modern Day City-Racetrack of Gran Turismo, with some of the fan favourites driving by, and then the City in the background undergoes a timetravel sequence into the future, and then, of course, a futuristic Wipeout Race starts.
There can be a part of the racetrack across the middle of the stage, and the passing cars would be the stage-hazzards. The Wipeout-Hovercars would be faster naturally, so after the timejump they will cross more often in the middle, making the field even more dangerous.

So, to sum up,

FFVII x the Legend of Dragoon
Tomb Raider x Crash Bandicoot
Jorney x Shadow of the Colossus
Gran Turismo x Wipeout

My Alundra Moveset:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Alundra-fan-moveset/m-p/39401295#U39401295
Message 6 of 10 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Oct 24, 2012

ultralucario64 wrote:
Ya know what I'd like to see? A Motorcross/Modnation stage

You mean Motorstorm?

Photobucket
Message 7 of 10 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Oct 24, 2012

parasite eve and silent hill

you start out in the white marble two story room in parasite eve and fight and as it progresses you'll see it slowly warp into the silent hill  rusty/bloody look.

#ClownTroops
Message 8 of 10 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Oct 24, 2012

It starts off as an Uncharted 2 themed jungle/ ruin with a train track in the center. Every minute or so a train comes towards the screen adding a way to lose AP. But this isn't it. When the next train comes all players are required to jump on its back or else they die. Suddenly the 2D plane of the game rotates 90 degrees now allowing the fighters to move left and right along the train. It is moving throughout the Uncharted mountains when two Warhawk planes suddenly start shooting. One by one the train carts explode until just the last one is left. The level ends as the train ducks into a tunnel.

And what about a level similar to Hades but it is a side scrolling platformer with Hades in the back destroying platforms and the like.

100% original guys

Message 9 of 10 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Voncola wrote:

It starts off as an Uncharted 2 themed jungle/ ruin with a train track in the center. Every minute or so a train comes towards the screen adding a way to lose AP. But this isn't it. When the next train comes all players are required to jump on its back or else they die. Suddenly the 2D plane of the game rotates 90 degrees now allowing the fighters to move left and right along the train. It is moving throughout the Uncharted mountains when two Warhawk planes suddenly start shooting. One by one the train carts explode until just the last one is left. The level ends as the train ducks into a tunnel.

And what about a level similar to Hades but it is a side scrolling platformer with Hades in the back destroying platforms and the like.

100% original guys

Sure :smileytongue:

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 10 of 10 (38 Views)
0 Likes