Reply
Jul 22 2012
By: Thirty3Three Treasure Hunter 5693 posts
Offline

Square, Triangle and Circle controls? Are they the same moves?

[ Edited ]
11 replies 185 views Edited Jul 22, 2012

Like, I know one is heavy, one is medium, and one is light (attack-wise), but like for instance, you know how on Smash Bros, (I'll use the n64 one as an example) Link's boomerang is B, and his regular sword slash is A? Is that what it's like? Completely different moves for different buttons? (including different directional + button?)

Or is it like... each button does the same move, just some hits harder than others?

Thanks! 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 1 of 12 (185 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 09/21/2009
Offline
561 posts
 

Re: Square, Triangle and Circle controls? Are they the same moves?

Jul 22, 2012

IIRC each button does a different move.

I sell propane and propane accessories, I tell you h'what.
Message 2 of 12 (179 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/17/2012
Offline
5693 posts
 

Re: Square, Triangle and Circle controls? Are they the same moves?

Jul 22, 2012
Thank you! So, like, Right + Triangle would be different than Right + Circle as well ? Smiley Happy Thanks!!

it seems as if with smash bros, projectiles of sorts were mapped more to the B-button, so this should be interesting Smiley Tongue
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 3 of 12 (174 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/25/2011
Offline
2435 posts
 

Re: Square, Triangle and Circle controls? Are they the same moves?

Jul 22, 2012

I'm pretty sure each button does something different, since doing the same move and each doing different damage makes no sense.

Message 4 of 12 (172 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 01/24/2009
Offline
2858 posts
 

Re: Square, Triangle and Circle controls? Are they the same moves?

Jul 22, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:
Thank you! So, like, Right + Triangle would be different than Right + Circle as well ? Smiley Happy Thanks!!

it seems as if with smash bros, projectiles of sorts were mapped more to the B-button, so this should be interesting Smiley Tongue


Yep, they are differnt as well.  So we have a a LOT of different attacks.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 5 of 12 (167 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 09/21/2009
Offline
561 posts
 

Re: Square, Triangle and Circle controls? Are they the same moves?

Jul 22, 2012

KingDustero wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:
Thank you! So, like, Right + Triangle would be different than Right + Circle as well ? Smiley Happy Thanks!!

it seems as if with smash bros, projectiles of sorts were mapped more to the B-button, so this should be interesting Smiley Tongue


Yep, they are differnt as well.  So we have a a LOT of different attacks.



^^^

This.

 

I believe I read somewhere that they want each character to have about 24 total different attacks.

 

So we're going to have a GREAT combat system.

I sell propane and propane accessories, I tell you h'what.
Message 6 of 12 (162 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/17/2012
Offline
5693 posts
 

Re: Square, Triangle and Circle controls? Are they the same moves?

Jul 22, 2012
Thanks guys!! I'm really REALLY looking forward to this game! Smiley Happy

For those of you who'd played it, did you love it? Haha!
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 7 of 12 (155 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/07/2012
Offline
528 posts
 

Re: Square, Triangle and Circle controls? Are they the same moves?

Jul 22, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:
Thanks guys!! I'm really REALLY looking forward to this game! Smiley Happy

For those of you who'd played it, did you love it? Haha!

Yes!  It was fun... Killed everyone as Big Daddy with 14 points and got killed with Toro as I only got 4 points.  But I think I already told you that? It was still fun and the crossover play didn't have any problems that I'm aware of.

http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
Message 8 of 12 (142 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/17/2012
Offline
5693 posts
 

Re: Square, Triangle and Circle controls? Are they the same moves?

Jul 22, 2012
Thanks for the information Pyro! Smiley Very Happy

I'll be picking up the Vita version, I enjoy portability Smiley Tongue

Anyway, guys, my birthday is early next month, should I get a 32gb memory stick for the Vita?

( I don't even need any presents, I'm happy with my old guitar as it is, but I mean, they said they want to get me something, so do you think that's a good one?)
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 9 of 12 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/12/2012
Offline
352 posts
 

Re: Square, Triangle and Circle controls? Are they the same moves?

Jul 22, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:
Thanks for the information Pyro! Smiley Very Happy

I'll be picking up the Vita version, I enjoy portability Smiley Tongue

Anyway, guys, my birthday is early next month, should I get a 32gb memory stick for the Vita?

( I don't even need any presents, I'm happy with my old guitar as it is, but I mean, they said they want to get me something, so do you think that's a good one?)

if you're someone who enjoys the convenience of downloading games to a memory stick then its a good idea

---
MOVE THE COMMUNITY TO http://pastadium.forumotion.com/
Message 10 of 12 (107 Views)
Reply
0 Likes