Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Re: Square Enix Rep?

Jan 4, 2013

RaymanISaMUST wrote:
Sora from kingdom hearts

He's owned by Disney so he wouldn't be a SE rep and you would have to talk to Disney.  Which we already know they're gonna say "no" without a doubt.

Message 41 of 50 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Nick930930 wrote:

Let me make this incredibly clear for all the ignorant people who are still saying this stupid statement.

LARA CROFT is NOT THE SAME AS NATHAN DRAKE.

You have NEVER played a tomb raider game if you think it's the same as Drake. Lara can jump incredibly high and do somersaults all over the place. She has dual pistols, magnums, shotgun, harpoon gun, grenade launcher. She fights animals more than humans (in the good games). She is OLDER and the original adventurer. She finds and uses artifacts all the time. Drake only finds treasure.. learn's they're cursed, and runs away.

Croft is a better candidate for this game than Drake is (please note that I love Uncharted, but this is the truth.. Lara is a better icon and has a far more interesting moveset.)

Adding Lara Croft would be great, because not only would the true playstation oldschool fans be happy, we'd get a really cool rivalry between lara and drake form. I'd love to duke it out with the two greatest adventure heroes of all time (in video games...indy is still the most badass sorry)

So please... for the love of god.. do not say they are too similar next time someone mentions Lara Croft.. or else you appear to be a complete ignorant bafoon. Sorry... but man does that annoy me being a huge fan of both titles.

Um you know the developers have said multiple times to forget everything you know about past Lara. So if you do that and just look at the new Lara, which we would most likely get if she was to appear in this game, what would actually separate her from Drake besides a bow and arrow and pickax.

Message 42 of 50 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Did you guys already forget they said "no" to Lara being in this game?

Message 43 of 50 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Jan 4, 2013
you forgot rico from just cause
Message 44 of 50 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Gotta agree, I'm a huge fan of the PS1 Tomb Raider trilogy (the first being my first PS1 game) - but the reboot has clearly taken cues from Uncharted and I find it laughable that the devs pretend like they're redefining gaming.

Interactive cutscenes and emphasis on third person shooting & traversal + an online component with modes that all seem to be similar to Uncharted's with their own gimmick prove as much. The game isn't open world, just less linear, the story may be dark and gritty...but that doesn't redefine the game, it redefines the story etc etc.

Uncharted was inspired of the original Tomb Raider games, that's true, but that doesn't change the fact that these mechanics are taken/inspired from Uncharted and aren't in anyway original.

That doesn't mean it won't be a good-great game, but I hate how everyone uses the 'Tomb Raider came first' arguement as an excuse to remain oblivious. I've heard the same thing from the majority who have had hands on time with the game.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 45 of 50 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Jan 15, 2013

What a shame that they are taking the best female character in history and ruining her. I've been replaying Tomb Raider 2 via steam recently and those games are still amazing.

It's really a shame because other iconic characters have come through with new games and have been reintroduced properly. Max Payne for example was an amazing game and followup to an awesome series. Hitman absolution was also a terrific game that brought Agent 47 back into the hands of gamers.

Even Tony Hawk HD came out and brought back my favorite oldschool fun skating game.

But Tomb Raider is being destroyed... trying to make her into something she's not. They were doing fine when they made Tomb Raider anniversary.. but then they went back to Tomb Raider Legend with Underworld and killed the IP completly... and now they think they can bring it back by being an Uncharted clone?!?

That's annoying as hell... RIP Lara Croft. I'll miss your "Ah ha!" moments and they way you crunch when I screw up my jumps.

Message 46 of 50 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Jan 15, 2013
I want the green dinosaur to be put in (from the bubble game)

but Dues Ex and Hitman would be pretty rad
16 Characters that should really be in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale: Hero-Patapon3, Blob-LocoRoco, Abe-Abe's Oddessy, Ari+Stan-Okage, Raziel-Soul Reaver, The King of All Cosmos-Katamari, Alex Mercer-Prototype, Isaac Clarke-Dead Space, Cloud-Final Fantasy VII, Spyro-Spyro, Crash-Crash Bandicoot, Tiki Guy-PixelJunk Monsters, Amaterasu-Ōkami, Mega Man-Mega Man X8, Ratonhnhaké:ton-Assassin's Creed III, Kevin Butler+Marcus PSP

^^^THIS LINK BELOW EXPLAINS WHY THEY SHOULD BE ADDED IN. vvv
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/15-MORE-THAN-DESERVING-NEW-CHARACTER-IDEAS-feedback-is/m-p/39129075#U39129075
Message 47 of 50 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
266 posts

Jan 15, 2013
I speak for everybody When i say Lightning is the best in square Enix history, and she SE best Rep they have.
Message 48 of 50 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Jan 15, 2013
^Cloud is way better, and the green dinosaur from bibble babble or w/e is at least 17X cooler than the both of them combined, and what ever # of coolness that that equals, square it. Thats how cool he is
16 Characters that should really be in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale: Hero-Patapon3, Blob-LocoRoco, Abe-Abe's Oddessy, Ari+Stan-Okage, Raziel-Soul Reaver, The King of All Cosmos-Katamari, Alex Mercer-Prototype, Isaac Clarke-Dead Space, Cloud-Final Fantasy VII, Spyro-Spyro, Crash-Crash Bandicoot, Tiki Guy-PixelJunk Monsters, Amaterasu-Ōkami, Mega Man-Mega Man X8, Ratonhnhaké:ton-Assassin's Creed III, Kevin Butler+Marcus PSP

^^^THIS LINK BELOW EXPLAINS WHY THEY SHOULD BE ADDED IN. vvv
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/15-MORE-THAN-DESERVING-NEW-CHARACTER-IDEAS-feedback-is/m-p/39129075#U39129075
Message 49 of 50 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Jan 15, 2013

"Anyone may claim that he will act in the direst times, yet only a brave man acts in times great and small." - Cloud (Quoting Zack)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 50 of 50 (45 Views)
0 Likes