Uncharted Territory
1418 posts

Re: How to Use Spike's "True Power" (A Character Guide)

Jan 26, 2013

I think spike is a pretty good character but I think he could be the best in the game if you master his teleport. And learn a few counters of course

Message 11 of 19 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Jan 26, 2013

B00M-get-0wned12 wrote:

I think spike is a pretty good character but I think he could be the best in the game if you master his teleport. And learn a few counters of course

I might have to agree on the teleport bit. Using it seems awkward for me but I know that it's necessary to win. The most I can do to "trick" someone is tele behind a ECole who is punch happy so he wastes it, but I feel the potential is a lot greater.

—--------
"The Dirty Casual"
Message 12 of 19 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Jan 30, 2013

I know that it's been a long time since I posted something in this thread, but a few days ago I was experimenting with the double B-Launcher as a potential level 1 confirm, or at least a trap into an aerial move. For me, it works (the confirm part), but veeery rarely, so as of now I see no use for it in a match... but I have been practicing to try and get at least a little bit more consistent.

You may be asking, why wouldn't you just fish for one shorthop b-launcher instead of doing this? The answer is, you can't shorthop b-launcher in the middle of a combo starting with a safe move (down-square, air side-square...) The point of using two B-Launchers is to finish a potential 95 AP into Level 1 combo (that being said, the combo starter itself is terribly unsafe (grounded banana monkey), but why not try and keep something like that in the back of your head?)

If anyone else wants to try it out and have it work every time for them magically, suit yourself. If you don't know what I mean, this video is a visual of my attempts at it:

—--------
"The Dirty Casual"
Message 13 of 19 (166 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Jan 30, 2013
i would love to mirror match this guy
A African-American adult male has taken illegally possession of my 2-wheeled mode of transportation thus has acquired my property under false pretenses
Message 14 of 19 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Re: Spike's "True Power" (A Character Guide and Discussion)

Jan 30, 2013
Sorry, can't quote on mobile, but I'd like to face you too. I want to see what crazy stuff other Spikes use on me.
—--------
"The Dirty Casual"
Message 15 of 19 (154 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jan 30, 2013

Would love to 1vs1 with other spikes ((((x it would be interesting !

Message 16 of 19 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Feb 1, 2013

I think you could make a point about how his Magic Punch while in air gives a fantastic 30AP. Spike is my main and, with practice, you hardly notice the startup. That said, better to use his Air Square moveset against certain characters (such as Raiden) who will be much quicker in the air.

Besides that, loved reading this guide and I'm happy there are others who appreciate his best combos and constructs.

Message 17 of 19 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1418 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Teleports arn't that hard to master just fake out first then do the real thing.

Message 18 of 19 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Personaly I think Cole should be an even match up. Coles tend to "Turtle" and Spike's forward square stops them from doing so.

Message 19 of 19 (110 Views)
0 Likes