Dec 05 2012
By: xCrawl92x First Son 15 posts

Spike doesn't need Buffs!!!

6 replies 134 views Edited Dec 5, 2012

I see a lot of people complaining about Spike on the forums lately.

They are complaining about his supers, since his ap gain is cleary really great!

In terms of his supers, well they are really great too. You just have to set them up properly.

Spike is my main and i dont know if those setups i will write are already known or not

but at least i never saw people using the setups i use when i play with spike.

Level 3 Super: Well this is a screen clearer, nothing special ^^

Level 2 Super: This move comes out incredibly fast!!! you can nearly combo into this super with all his moves.

The only thing you have to watch out for is, that you shouldnt activate it if the enemys are too far away from 

eachother, since this super is really slow. So for maximal points wait till the enemys are crowded.

Level 1 Super: Actually his best super. All people i have seen this far are complaining about this one. They say the only way

of setting it up is his neutral triangle rc car and his forward circle glove punch. But thats not true!

A nearly "100% Succes" setup is his "air down triangle" move. Just short hop and after that use your blast.

if done right the enemy will get stunned and spike will fall to the ground that quickly that you can immediatly 

activate his level 1.

Here you go, know you know my setup for his level 1 (if it wasnt already known ^^ ). I hope i wont start seeing more people

playing him online with that move, else i have to look for another main ;(

But as you can see with that move he isnt underpowered in anyway! Thus doesnt need a buff. So let him alone, else he will 

get op ^^

Message 1 of 7 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Re: Spike doesn't need Buffs!!!

Dec 5, 2012
By air down triangle you mean where he falls to the ground using his purple sword ?
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 2 of 7 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Actually the air down triangle isn't a 100% success since timing is the key for it.  Most of the time they recover right when you use it.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 3 of 7 (103 Views)
Wastelander
768 posts

Dec 5, 2012

air down triangle you need perfect timming and it is know since you can even see it on Spike reveal trailer it is no secret lol but even on pratice if you time it like  1/3 of a second wrong you will loose a super for nothing the Rc car and the glove are 90% more riliable the air down triangle  on FFA is like a shoot in the dark to get perfect timing

Message 4 of 7 (99 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Dec 5, 2012

oh so it was on the trailer.

never noticed that ^^

But why are people complaining then?

and its not that hard to land it (if it is then i must be pretty good in timing).

You just have to short hop and then use his triangle down blast.

And with short hop i mean really short. you have to tap x very quickly right after that the blast. ^^

its really nearly 100% try it out in the practice mode and you will see what i mean. 

Message 5 of 7 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 5, 2012
spike is fine, you don't even need to do combos with spike in order to get good AP. Every spike I see just does random crap and boom, level 2.
Message 6 of 7 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Dec 5, 2012

I use the air-down-triangle most often to land his Level 1. In competitive play, I find that while the glove is obviously more reliable, its no where near as easy to pull off. I use the car often but never for Level 1 setup, its just proven unreliable in my personal experience, I think every Spike player should try all three and see whats best for them.

The downside to air-down-triangle is you have to be incredibly precise in your setup, as has been said it must be a short hop, you must ensure you're within close distance after the hop or you will miss anyway - yet in reality you have less than half a second to even consider whether you're close enough to use it because you MUST activate the super immediately after landing to see results. This might sound difficult and some may prefer to try a more reliable setup, beauty of the air-down-triangle is that with practice, a good Spike player will know instinctively when the hop wasn't short enough or the opponent isn't positioned correctly and will follow up confidently with another of Spikes moves, likely to be his melee combos, instead. 

I've found that the more I use Spike, the more aware I become of when is best to land his Level 1. He absolutely does NOT need a buff and I would hate to see this happen, he is perfect as he is.

Message 7 of 7 (70 Views)
0 Likes