Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2365 posts

Re: Spike Nerf, anyone?

Jan 9, 2013
Look, I'm not trying to be immature, and I should have been more polite I admit, it did just seriously sound like you were joking.

Spike just DOESN'T need a nerf. Seriously, he's not even top tier. He's a great character, but no where near good enough to hurt with a nerf. If anything, he needs buffs.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 65 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
615 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Spike is one of the worst characters in the game. His supers are the worst in the entire game. Every single one of them. He doesn't even have a good 3 to make up for his bad 1 and 2. He also can't even ap burst in a combo.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 65 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Jan 9, 2013

khknight wrote:

LOL..

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 65 (356 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7852 posts

Jan 9, 2013
I may be biased (Spike is pretty much my main now), but Spike is nowhere close to needing a nerf. His AP gain is phenomenal, and is a big reason why I came to like him. As others have said, though, his supers are lacking. Spike can reach his Lv 3 about as quickly as a spamming Kratos, yet is capped at just those 3 kills.

On top of that, Spike is INCREDIBLY slow. Most of his attacks either need to be charged or have a ridiculous startup time, so a higher AP reward for landing them makes sense.
Photobucket
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy X HD, inFAMOUS: Second Son
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 65 (339 Views)
Fender Bender
4083 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Weidleface wrote:
I may be biased (Spike is pretty much my main now), but Spike is nowhere close to needing a nerf. His AP gain is phenomenal, and is a big reason why I came to like him. As others have said, though, his supers are lacking. Spike can reach his Lv 3 about as quickly as a spamming Kratos, yet is capped at just those 3 kills.

On top of that, Spike is INCREDIBLY slow. Most of his attacks either need to be charged or have a ridiculous startup time, so a higher AP reward for landing them makes sense.

This.

spike is suppose to have the highest ap gain, its the only way to make up for his lame supers and slow moves.

Even with that high ap gain, I never see a spike main win a match. Giving him a nerf would be straight up retarded

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 65 (333 Views)
Wastelander
615 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Spike doesn't have a high ap gain. Are you guys on crack? His supers are just cheap is all.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 65 (328 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2390 posts

Jan 9, 2013
His level 3 is cheaper than kratos and other peoples.. logically he's going to get to it faster. I'm sorry for my sister owning you thirty3three, she only uses spike and we played you a few days ago..
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 65 (316 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Jan 9, 2013
^ LOL!
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 65 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5692 posts

Jan 9, 2013
I hadnt played it for the past week, no idea where you're getting that from, gnome...

Ive been busy with classes and my job-

Good going! Lying definitely gets you somewhere dude!
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 65 (289 Views)
Wastelander
797 posts

Jan 9, 2013
The reason Spike gains AP a little more quickly than some characters is because his supers are terrible. And if people spam his square attacks, then they have no clue how to play as Spike. His banana peels, boomerang and his down triangle are some of the most important moves in his arsenal.
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 65 (287 Views)
0 Likes