Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Re: Spamming move limitation

Feb 14, 2013
AP Burst isn't really as rewarding as you think it is. It actually gives your opponent temporary invincibility and 30 extra AP. Some people on this board (like Asis) deliberately choose not to use AP Burst for this very reason.

Plus combos don't require you to be creative with your moves at all. It's possible to do a 200+ AP Burst combo with Dante just by empty canceling & doing the same move over & over. And people who use the same combo over & over get the same reward as people who try to use multiple combos during a match. That's a problem.
Message 31 of 86 (118 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013
I agree. Canceling and getting an infinite chain is not a good thing. I'll make sure to email santa monika about it so that they can fix it.

EDIT: phone's gonna die soon. I'll have to catch up on this again in the morning. Nite, all! Happy gaming (^_^)
My PSN
Message 32 of 86 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2444 posts

Feb 14, 2013
This game takes no skill because of the super system that is why there's only an official mlg tournament for 2v2. Because last time they set up tournaments everybody just spammed drake. This game doesn't skill because its easy and doesnt take skill. Want to play a game that takes skill? Go play marvel vs Capcom 3, street fighter or an actual fighting game. The combos in this game are really easy to figure out, with a little more challenging ones to land like dantes and narikos. After playing with Kat for 2 matches I was able to find plenty of combos with her. The first thing I figured out to do with sackboy were his combos, which were really easy to figure out, then I started playing with parappa another easy character to get ap burst combos with. This game would be more competitive if it would've used life bars. This game is like the call of duty of fighting games..
Message 33 of 86 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2444 posts

Feb 14, 2013
The ap burst giving the person getting hit 30ap is just another reason this game isnt supposed to be taken serious competitively, it happens whenever somebody is non stop being hurt so if somebody does 60ap worth of damage to somebody, then somebody does another 40 damage to them that person gets rewarded 30 ap, for getting their **bleep** kicked. They most likely put this in so people who aren't the most seasoned players wouldnt find matches getting so stale.
Message 34 of 86 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Feb 14, 2013
"This game doesn't take skill because it's easy and doesn't take skill."

This game DOESN'T TAKE SKILL because ... DOESN'T TAKE SKILL.

First of all, yes it does. Second of all, easy games can definitely take skill. You're telling me Tetris doesn't take skill? Megaman doesn't? Super Mario? Metal Gear Solid?

Also, the quoted sentence was funny to read at first, but then ticked me off. That'd be like me saying "Kratos is cheap because he has two swords and is cheap."
Message 35 of 86 (101 Views)
Survivor
2444 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Those games aren't easy though/: try beating a pro tetris player like my dad. Then have my 10 year old brother play the guy on the top of the leaderboard of this game.
Message 36 of 86 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2444 posts

Feb 14, 2013
2v2 in this game does take skill however. Lots of strategies can be involved and you're definetly gonna lose if youre against a team that's able to help eachother get kills.
Message 37 of 86 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Hey, Ed. Ice. Just want to let you know I'm on your side.

It's late right now and I'm heading to bed, so I can't begin making paragraphs until after breakfast, but know that you're not alone.

Smiley Tongue
Message 38 of 86 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Much appreciated, Gale!

I really do hope SSM actually reads these boards. They may not be able to fix a lot of these issues for this game but they could definitely do it for a sequel.
Message 39 of 86 (77 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Feb 14, 2013
When I email them today, I'll put a link to this thread in the message.
My PSN
Message 40 of 86 (59 Views)
0 Likes