Survivor
2443 posts

Re: Spamming move limitation

Feb 14, 2013
Sometimes using the same move over and over is somebody's only option too. (See Radec)
Message 21 of 86 (151 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Feb 14, 2013
You can zone without having to do the same thing repeatedly. You just have to be a little bit creative. This lack of creativity, skill, and adaptability that apparently most of the current gen gamers have is a really big let down. I've been gaming for a long time, and using a character to the best of their ability takes learning their combos, creating new ones, and putting them into practice during the game. People really will do anything they can to not have to do anything at all. If you're this way in a video game, I'd hate to be your employer
My PSN
Message 22 of 86 (142 Views)
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Saying a system like this would "destroy" characters designed for zoning isn't really true, because 1) If they're designed for long range play then they definitely won't have just one ranged attack. Try using Radec's other 23 moves. And 2) it would actually force them to learn (and master) multiple long ranged attacks instead of relying on just one, therefore making them a better player and a bigger threat to opponents.
So it would actually benefit them.
Message 23 of 86 (130 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Thank you ice for seeing my point and actually understanding the reason behind this entire discussion. Kudos to you
My PSN
Message 24 of 86 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2443 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Last time I checked Radec only has one move that can reach across the whole screen? And is this game more creative playing against people that know one combo, and that's it. That's all they try to do the whole game is that one combo? Ie. Every parappa, kratos and dante player I've ever ran into..
Anyways, its 5 times easier to beat somebody who's "spamming" than it is to beat somebody who's actually good..
Message 25 of 86 (116 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Note how I said that most people in the current console gen are not adaptable, unskilled, and lazy. People don't get skill in this game because they don't spend any time at all in the single player modes. If they do, it's only to get the trophies and they spend as little time as possible practicing with a character. The only thing they're concerned about is trying to say that they're the best when they're nothing more than a part of a massive horde of unskilled players that have extremely deminished the quality of the online arcade. This is the unfortunate effects of mmorpgs that tailor to the lack of player skill such as WoW, and the unfortunate takeover of the most unskilled genre in the history of video games, first person shooters.
My PSN
Message 26 of 86 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2443 posts

Feb 14, 2013
This game takes very, very little skill. Unless you're in 2v2...
Message 27 of 86 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Feb 14, 2013
So just because Radec has ONE move that has max range, that automatically negates his 5 or 6 other moves with pretty good range? See, that's a classic example of not using your character to his fullest potential. Why put yourself in a position where only ONE of your ranged attacks works when you have SEVERAL in your arsenal? It's much more effective to position yourself so you can use your sniper AND your bolt gun and grenade launcher to keep your opponent guessing.

Again, something like Brawl's stale move negation could help really reward players who take the time to learn all of their characters' techniques. In fact, it probably makes much more sense for this type of game than it does for Smash, because this game has no concept of varying knock back like Smash does (which allowed some characters like Shiek to "cheat" this SMN system). I'm pretty sure fighting game designers don't spend years crafting and balancing a character's move set just for players to be successful by using just one move.

EDIT: Whoops, accidentally gave you a Kudo. Ignore that

Message 28 of 86 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2443 posts

Feb 14, 2013
This game already rewards people for doing that, that's why you get so much ap for combo-ing people..... Just letting you guys know that..
Message 29 of 86 (97 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013
This game takes very little skill because of the lack of skill of the players. As you said, they try to do one combo and that's it. They're so bad at the game that they have nothing else that they can throw at you. I don't know about you, but when I practice, I go to practice mode to learn a new combo, and then I set up a one on one match against a max difficulty npc and get used to having to use my combo in action, and changing it for the situation. If I have a friend over, that's even better since I can test my combo on a live player instead of a predictable computer.

This is how we used to do things, and it's what's made me good at a lot of games. The only difference now is that a lot of people only care about the online competition and never try to better themselves, so the game in general becomes less skilled because of the lack of skill of the player population as a whole.

This is why we should have spam limits in place, to bring the quality of the gamers back up since its fallen to such low levels.
My PSN
Message 30 of 86 (94 Views)
0 Likes