Gaming Beast
1763 posts

Re: Spamming move limitation

Feb 14, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
That system wouldn't change this game at all. it would literally do nothing.

Again, care to explain?

If it would "do nothing" then it's even more puzzling why you're so against it anyway.

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 86 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7690 posts

Feb 14, 2013
I swear, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now if people knew how to block. I seriously think people don't know how powerful blocking is in this game.

I just can't understand how people even have trouble with spamming anymore. Block, punish, repeat.

It's literally that simple.
 photo 4E141DBD-1A15-41B2-8D2A-CF1BB69B831A_zpsddamomtr.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 86 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Derp i hate radecs sniper rifle so they should nerf it also his lvl1 shouldnt home in on targets they need to nerf that to.

This thread has just turned into an anti radec thread
Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 86 (86 Views)
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Feb 14, 2013
And what if a somebody keeps setting themselves up for the same situational move? Say, for example, they walk straight towards Radec without bothering to block or jump. Radec, in this situation, would opt to use his sniper rifle.

If they keep trying the same method of approach, why should the Radec player be punished for taking advantage of their foolishness? I suppose you could say "He could just use his bolt gun or machine gun instead," but that would just be pointlessly limiting him and hindering his AP generation by forcing him to use a less powerful move in the wrong situation.
Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 86 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Nobody in this thread that is for a SMN system is making a good case. All I see is "IT WILL MAKE EVERYONE BETTER HURRDURR" when in reality, I'm pretty sure none of you know how to handle spammers. Especially ed, Mr. Old School Badace over here. If you were that good, you wouldn't care about spamming as most people already don't. In fact, you'd welcome it because, hey, spamming only makes them that much more predictable.

Seriously, you're all crying about a non-issue.

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 86 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Feb 14, 2013

nasrulez wrote:
I swear, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now if people knew how to block. I seriously think people don't know how powerful blocking is in this game.

I just can't understand how people even have trouble with spamming anymore. Block, punish, repeat.

It's literally that simple.

Shut up.

Everyone knows how to press the L1 button. It does not take someone sucking at the game for them to bring up something that they think can improve the game in the long run.

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 86 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7690 posts

Feb 14, 2013
No because if you actually learned how to defend properly, spammers wouldn't even bother you. How does someone who does ONE move bother you? Seriously.
Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 86 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Feb 14, 2013
If you've been paying any sort of attention, you'd notice that the main problem here isn't that people aren't defending themselves properly against people who spam. Get the hell out of that mindset.

They're talking about gameplay being stale and they want to improve it by probably implementing a system that coaxes players into utilizing at least 50% more of their character's moveset instead of relying on only a couple and limiting not only their character's capabilities, but their own skill.

Now. To return to telling people who aren't saying anything meaning ful to shut up.

Nasrulez. Shut up.
Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 86 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7690 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013
Sounds more like "I'm tired of a certain move, maybe there should be a system that makes people use it less so I have a better chance to win".

People should be able to play however they want. Nobody should HAVE to use moves that simply aren't as good as other moves just because other people don't like it.
Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 86 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Feb 14, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

They're talking about gameplay being stale and they want to improve it by probably implementing a system that coaxes players into utilizing at least 50% more of their character's moveset instead of relying on only a couple and limiting not only their character's capabilities, but their own skill.

Yes, but that comes with more issues than benefits. Characters like Radec who have very situational moves would be forced to use random moves in the wrong situations. Most of the characters associated with spam aren't often played in the first place due to their abysmal combos, so nerfing their spam would just be stamping them into the dirt while characters like Raiden and Kratos with a large pool of spammable (but differing) moves took over.

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 86 (42 Views)
0 Likes