Uncharted Territory
1336 posts

Re: Spam is disgusting.

Nov 22, 2012

Learn to dodge and counter is my tip, I'm not the best player out there but I can hold my own because I'm pretty good at dodging and countering this works really well against spammers too.

also try grabbing more dont let them gain ap too quickly, this could be difficult against skilled players but keep practicing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 31 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Nov 22, 2012
You want examples fine. Kratos chain grab has a bit to much distance and Is hard to time fir blocking it, Slys electric roll you can block it all you want they just keep going until you eventually don't block and it hits and if you roll he still easly dies it and catches you, Radecs sniper he sits in one side and does it over and over, Raiden and any square attack they mash away and it's hard to escape as his attacks can change directions fast. There are plenty of spam moves and people use them. And yes I'm sick of all the sarcastic you must suck bull s-h-i-t everyone who says that needs to get over them selves, god forbid we can't all play video games every hour of the **bleep** day. And it's fir every mode the mode has zero to do with balancing characters moves these all happen in all match types not just FFA.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 31 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Nov 22, 2012
My point is everyone talks about learn to dodge and block or counter I do all these and it does not stop some if these spam moves.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 31 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Nov 22, 2012
On top of that take the sarcasm somewhere else no one likes it or wants to hear it because you think blocking can stop most of this. It's just plain ignorant.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 31 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5309 posts

Nov 22, 2012

"Learn to block or dodge" is the number one excuse for the spammer.  Normally once a good spammer gets you locked up in a spam.  Blocking or Dodging are the least likely things that can be done since in this situation.  Chances are you won't be able to move.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 31 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Nov 22, 2012
@Nocturnal_Gamer exactly and I'm not bad at the game I win the minority of my matches, but at times it happens when I'm trying to get some offense in and try to block to late.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 31 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Nov 22, 2012
*majority of my matches
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 31 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1336 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 22, 2012

TwistedAvenger wrote:
You want examples fine. Kratos chain grab has a bit to much distance and Is hard to time fir blocking it, Slys electric roll you can block it all you want they just keep going until you eventually don't block and it hits and if you roll he still easly dies it and catches you, Radecs sniper he sits in one side and does it over and over, Raiden and any square attack they mash away and it's hard to escape as his attacks can change directions fast. There are plenty of spam moves and people use them. And yes I'm sick of all the sarcastic you must suck bull s-h-i-t everyone who says that needs to get over them selves, god forbid we can't all play video games every hour of the **bleep** day. And it's fir every mode the mode has zero to do with balancing characters moves these all happen in all match types not just FFA.

Honestly I don't know what to tell you I haven't had a time that dodging and counternig haven't solved the problem and I don't even play the game hardcore. It just takes getting to know their patterns.

If that fails try to attack them as much as possible don't give them a chance to spam. Become better at the character you are using and that's about it.

If that doesn't help then what will? All fighting games have problems with spammers there is nothing you could do but out smart them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 31 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Nov 22, 2012
I try to play a more on the attack style and for me it works. It's not that I get stuck in the spams a lot I'm just saying they are there. People who block or dodge them act like there are no spam moves and there are. I jump a lot to avoid attacks and only dodge/block if I feel I have no other choice. Like I said I use an offensive style and sacrifice defense, but for me it works.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 31 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1336 posts

Nov 22, 2012

TwistedAvenger wrote:
I try to play a more on the attack style and for me it works. It's not that I get stuck in the spams a lot I'm just saying they are there. People who block or dodge them act like there are no spam moves and there are. I jump a lot to avoid attacks and only dodge/block if I feel I have no other choice. Like I said I use an offensive style and sacrifice defense, but for me it works.

Ofcourse the spamming is there which is why we choose to dodge, I used to be an offense type of guy but I like to dodge through everything now since it works for me

for spammers defense is better IMO which is why I do it but if I am playing someone who I know I can face head on I go Back to my head on ways.

Just trying to give you a tip that works for me you don't have to use it or even listen to me that's your call just know I gave you a tip to try to help you.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 31 (85 Views)
0 Likes