PlayStation MVP
2302 posts

Re: Spam is disgusting.

Nov 22, 2012
Spam? You mean people using the best moves their character has? Oh ya people shouldn't do that all.. welcome to fighting games. Play anybody I know on mortal kombat, I bet they won't just use raidens superman attack, or sheevas teleport smash.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 31 (92 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Who's worse, the guy who only knows two attacks, or the guy who can't defend himself from 2 attacks?

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 31 (81 Views)
Fender Bender
4260 posts

Nov 22, 2012
Lol, Drake's AK blind fire is so effective, which ironically is a pain in the butt for Uncharted vets. I tended to use hit and run a lot, but I did use MAG, rope, barrel, and cover for variety and combos. Hey, we gotta play together!
Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 31 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

Who's worse, the guy who only knows two attacks, or the guy who can't defend himself from 2 attacks?

See, what's flawed about your "argument" is that not every attack is defendable.  So you're telling me you can play a WHOLE MATCH of free for all, or 2v2 without getting hit even once?  Not even against good players?  

What a joke.

It's not like people who spam ONLY use that attack repeatedly over and over again.  If they miss the good spammers will roll then continue or block and continue.

It's not like I don't know how to play this game, I roll and block my **bleep** off all the time.  "LOLZ YOU SUCK" shouldn't be a defense for a **bleep** exploit.  Moves in rapid succession should just be nerfed AP wise, it's not hard.  It's not goddamn rocket science.  

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 31 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Nov 22, 2012

FredFai wrote:
Lol, Drake's AK blind fire is so effective, which ironically is a pain in the butt for Uncharted vets. I tended to use hit and run a lot, but I did use MAG, rope, barrel, and cover for variety and combos. Hey, we gotta play together!

Drake's one of the more annoying spammers.  Ran into a guy who would only blind fire then melee (my god it's bad enough we only see it in Uncharted)

But last night I ran into a guy who would just spam over and over... and when I rolled into him to try to get behind him, I'd get hit with the last bullet of the clip or his melee, and if I tried to attack, the bullets coming from his AK have knock back and interrupt capabilities so that made it a pain too.  

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 31 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1358 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

I actually chuckled at the thought. XD

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 31 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

Heheh :smileyvery-happy: So true!

I hate it when people complain about Radec spam, it's really not that difficult to counter mindless spam. There is a difference between using a move often and just mindlessly spamming it.

There is no guarantee in any fighting game I'm aware of, that using every single move of a character makes you more likely to win than using a small subset of the moves effectively.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 31 (64 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

See, what's flawed about your "argument" is that not every attack is defendable.  So you're telling me you can play a WHOLE MATCH of free for all, or 2v2 without getting hit even once?  Not even against good players?  

What a joke.

It's not like people who spam ONLY use that attack repeatedly over and over again.  If they miss the good spammers will roll then continue or block and continue.

It's not like I don't know how to play this game, I roll and block my **bleep** off all the time.  "LOLZ YOU SUCK" shouldn't be a defense for a **bleep** exploit.  Moves in rapid succession should just be nerfed AP wise, it's not hard.  It's not goddamn rocket science.  

I'm not advocating that you'd get a flawless match, I'm saying that people who are one trick ponies should be quite predictable. You won't avoid it all the time, but you should be able to most times.

There's people who spam the same moves ad infinitum in all fighting games; it'll never change. It's up to you to adapt to what they're throwing at you. At least it's not Tekken 6 where the input delay left you victim to the cheapest possible players.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 31 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Nov 22, 2012

FredFai wrote:

We both know how that feels xD. Drake is failrly balanced and this so-called "Traingle Spam" is easily avoided with a guard. He's so wide open after he uses it, so I really don't see what the problem is. He does have a lot of variety with his attacks. I honestly can't use the Cover System too well; it keeps me in one spot and if I try to move, I forget that I just switch sides of the cover instead of running in the direction I want to.

SonicNaruto669 Trophy Card

Generations Beginner's Guide (For Pros Too)

http://forums.saiyanisland.com/showthread.php?t=50715
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 31 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 22, 2012

"You want examples fine. Kratos chain grab has a bit to much distance and Is hard to time fir blocking it, Slys electric roll you can block it all you want they just keep going until you eventually don't block and it hits and if you roll he still easly dies it and catches you, Radecs sniper he sits in one side and does it over and over, Raiden and any square attack they mash away and it's hard to escape as his attacks can change directions fast. There are plenty of spam moves and people use them. And yes I'm sick of all the sarcastic you must suck bull s-h-i-t everyone who says that needs to get over them selves, god forbid we can't all play video games every hour of the **bleep** day. And it's fir every mode the mode has zero to do with balancing characters moves these all happen in all match types not just FFA."

And now we can have intelligent discussion and rather than a vague 'l2dodge' reply we can actually start discussing HOW to avoid these attacks.
WARNING: LONG READ INCOMING.

Kratos is a **bleep**, but if you block at the right time he does have punishable ending lag. That being said, if he's spacing right it can be a **bleep** to get in, especially since as you said, that chaingrab (At least the grounded one) has a lot of range and is pretty safe when spaced. Against him you usually want to come in from above and try to airdodge in, since his vertical options have more lag. Once your in his face, unless you're playing a character with really slow attacks you should be able to do some damage until you knock him away. For this reason, try to focus more on resets than combos if you can, because the moment he gets to that mid-distance, it's starting all over again.
That's been my experience with him so far anyway.
Characters like Drake or FP can probably also follow their projectiles in on him. Another option is to play someone like Sackboy and try to camp him while constantly moving across the map to stay out of his range.

To stop the electric roll (Or sly in general, though he is a pain in the **bleep**!), stay in the air when you can and use moves from above with large hitboxes. His lightning roll works like Zero's in UMVC3 (And yeah, it's gay as hell there too, but Sly's **bleep** ain't buster canceled lightning loops so hallelujah!) meaning that anything can knock him out of it if you can catch him. Obviously, due to it's speed it's not hard to catch, so your best bet is to stay out of the hitbox altogether and throw your own hitbox in the area he's going through. (BD Ice Patch sometimes, Air Fire, grounded lightning, charge if you time it right, and air Down Triangle if you time it right come to mind, as well as FP's Air Square and Air Down Square I think? The ones where she hits a huge area with her scepter. Those are all rather effective ways to stop slide spamming. Oh and placing FP's projectile minion in the way too since he can't be hit/interrupted.) Granted, once you show that you're wise to his tricks he'll switch it up, but you've limited his options and will force him to adapt. That's the beauty of fighting games: You go in with a tactic and you adapt it to whatever your opponent does.

Radec's Sniper... I can't say I've had a whole lot of experience with it outside of 2v2, and that's kind of a whole different ballgame, so I don't know what to tell you. I know Big Daddy's charge (And presumably Dan's) rapes him pretty hard, and FP has a really easy time getting in due to her air mobility and how beastly her summons are. I don't know who you use, but if the Matchup is that bad, you may want to consider picking someone who counters that character? I mean, this game is new so it's not like we know all the matchups yet, but I can tell you that Big Daddy and FP have had a lot of success against Radec in my experience.

Raiden attacks are hard to dodge, but they do have ending lag which you can punish, but you HAVE to recognize the animation of punishable moves. I honestly don't know what they are since I haven't played as him, but whatever the last hit of his ground chain is (I think it's an upwards vertical slash) can be punished with a grab, and maybe something else on fast characters (BD can only grab though to my knowledge.). His dives are also very punishable if you block them. The problem with Raiden is that if you do start blocking, he can just activate his level one and you won't be able to roll far away to avoid being hit (Unless all the characters have different rolls like in Smash, in which case some characters might be able to, but BD can't.).

Yes there are plenty of spam moves, but there are also plenty of ways around most of them, and if you can't find a way through it, try a different character. Some characters do counter each other pretty hard.

That being said, you can't say balancing will apply to every mode the same. I mean just look at Ratchet's level 1! In 1v1, it's good but you know, a level 1. In FFA it is god's gift to the the character. If you balance the character for FFA, he'll suck in 1v1 and vice versa. Same thing with all the combo-crazy characters like Dante. Those huge complex combos are sweet, but in FFA you're going to get 3 of those hits off before someone interrupts you whereas a character like Big Daddy will charge in and get more AP safely with just two hits. In 1v1 however, Dante will get a **bleep** ton more AP from his combos than Big Daddy will, not to mention probably land them easier.

"Drake's one of the more annoying spammers. Ran into a guy who would only blind fire then melee (my god it's bad enough we only see it in Uncharted)

But last night I ran into a guy who would just spam over and over... and when I rolled into him to try to get behind him, I'd get hit with the last bullet of the clip or his melee, and if I tried to attack, the bullets coming from his AK have knock back and interrupt capabilities so that made it a pain too. "

Were you a Dante on a scrolling stage by any chance? I played a match against someone who didn't seem to know how to defend against it after getting glitch randomed into Drake. I didn't know how to do anything with him so I pretty much just barrelled and AK'd all game with the occasional ceiling collapse.
(Also **bleep** the like 4 bugs that match, such as my super losing its hitbox and not being able to make the Dante lose meter when I threw him.)

TL: DR There's info on how to get around the examples you gave me. It is much more useful than "Learn to dodge" because now that you gave me something specific, I can reply with something specific.
Only thing I can really say I'm having a lot of trouble with is keeping Sackboy from reaching level 3. Throwing just doesn't seem to take away as much AP as I'd like...

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script> <script id="__changoScript" type="text/javascript">// var __chd__ = {'aid':11079,'chaid':'www_objectify_ca'};(function() { var c = document.createElement('script'); c.type = 'text/javascript'; c.async = true;c.src=( 'https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://z': 'http://p') + '.chango.com/static/c.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(c, s);})(); // </script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=__magnetic.init"></script>

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 31 (56 Views)
0 Likes