Nov 26 2012
By: SparxterFox First Son 7 posts

Spam Control, Please?

[ Edited ]
9 replies 265 views Edited Nov 26, 2012

I want to love this game, I really want to truly enjoy this game, but what's seriously making this game an absolute wreck is that it actually pleases the people who do nothing but mash the same attack over and over because it's the most effective. Now I know in a 1v1 match it's technically the reciever's fault for falling for the player's spam time and time again, but with a 4-player game this sort of thing is unavoidable when there's 3 opponents to focus on at once. Where if the spammer's attack misses, it will still hit one out of the three in a crowd, and therefore benefit the spammer. -_-

I have never played a game that suffers from this problem worse than this very game here. It's why we have high-level Sly's who only use Forward Triangle and dominate matches because it's his most AP gaining move, same goes for Radec's sniping, Kratos's infamous chain grab, and Evil Cole's aerial projectiles.

It's not so much the spam itself that bugs me in this game, it's the fact that the spammers are rewarded with the full amount of AP the attack gives them no matter how much they abuse it, and blocking doesn't solve it too well since AP is still gained ala Chip Damage. All those other moves the developers put in the game were essentially a waste of their time since they're never going to be used in tandem.

So to put it simply; this game desperately needs a Spam Filter similar to Smash Bros.'s 10 move scale program. Where if the same attack is used and connected with; it should gain half of what it originally earns; continuously dividing the AP in half the more it's used and added to the hidden scale. Adding something like this alone would do alot to rebalance some of the abused characters and aid the more complex ones who get left behind. It'd make diversifying and making use of all of a character's techniques more rewarding.

Message 1 of 10 (265 Views)
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Re: Spam Control, Please?

Nov 26, 2012
There's no such thing as spam. If an opponent is repeatedly landing the same move over and over again on you, you need to hit the LAB and learn the counter.

and dont worry about FFA's if you take them seriously then you shouldnt play.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS SPAM, THERE IS ONLY REPETITIVE ATTACKS THAT YOU HAVE NOT LEARNED TO COUNTER
Message 2 of 10 (249 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Nov 26, 2012
Yes it is true that it gets annoying when people spam but they do have moves to counter, like raiden or Dante. Be more aggressive if you have to and rush into it for people who stay back and spam, like radec or sackboy.
Message 3 of 10 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2012

You essentially want the Combo heavy characters to dominate the game.

Sorry, Radec's sniper is fine and it is basically **bleep** and useless in maps like LocoRoco, Sand Over Village etc.

Stop complaining about Radec spam. Why don't you complain about Raiden or Dante's combo spam or Parappa's combos up close?

There are different characters using different attacks and gameplay mechanics. If everyone was made into a combo character, we need not have this game at all.

We can all go play Street Fighter and stroke our egos on frame data based combos all day.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 4 of 10 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
45 posts

Nov 26, 2012

Sackboy and Drake are the only characters who have a spam that is a little overboard.  Cupcakes and barrels for days.  However, I generally see good characters win and if I lose for a BS reason it's generally not spam.

BuchNasty Trophy Card
Message 5 of 10 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1736 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2012

I would be perfectly fine if they removed Raiden from the game entirely. Enough is enough. I was playing for a couple hours online last night, and I came across about 5 matches where I was the only non-Raiden player.

and while Kratos isn't as bad, if you get stuck fighting more than one, it's like trying to thumb wrestle the blade of a blender

Message 6 of 10 (170 Views)
Monster Hunter
32 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

quite whining people, learn the counters.

Here's an idea.

L1, Right Stick = Steals Meter and stops repetitive attacks

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS SPAM, THERE IS ONLY REPETITIVE ATTACKS THAT YOU HAVE NOT LEARNED TO COUNTER
Message 7 of 10 (132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 28, 2012

I guess nobody really read or understood my point here; seeing the word spam and just posting a bunch of responses that I've already heard before... >~<

I know there are ways to stop and intercept these players, and I have managed to turn the tables against them before, and I already stated in the beginning that it's often the reciever's fault for falling for it, I know this already! What I'm trying to say is that I can;t be the only one who feels it's downright degrading to learn and master all of a character's moves; only to lose by someone who uses the same character but merely aims to only rely on one or two moves just because it gives them Supers faster. A system to keep from aiding the simple-minded would be a nice nod to those who put more time and effort in.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I find fighting and martial arts to be something more than just beating each other down until one wins. It's a form of art, and I like to put on an amazing display of wit and agility, and enjoy the laughs the game provides rather than just win and call it a day. A display worthy to be called a 'good game', you know?

Message 8 of 10 (94 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4902 posts

Nov 28, 2012
I think I run into Kratos and Radec about 85% of the time and both spam the same move, Kratos spams square until he levels up, etc. I would be so bored of doing the same thing every time so I don't know how people can do it.
Message 9 of 10 (79 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Nov 28, 2012

I rarely have issues with spammers in FFA anymore. Cakespam is the only one and that horse has been beaten to death and kicked twice over. It's an issue all players come across eventually and everyone learns to avoid it at their own pace.

I find that if the other two people in the game are ignoring the spammer, then I'll make it my personal agenda to drain all their AP and use it to kill everyone else. So far, ~80% of the time, it works everytime.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.
Message 10 of 10 (75 Views)
0 Likes