Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Re: Sony advertise this game, come on!!

Nov 13, 2012

Look at how much Microsoft advertises Halo.

PSASBR is a full price 60 dollar title like Halo, there is no freaking reason why Sony should not advertise this game more. I mean even on PSN I don't see it for pre-order at all... It *IS* available for pre-order here in the UK PSN but you have to actually SEARCH for the game. How lame is that.

Instead they have Black Ops 2 Shoved down your throat in every single screen on PSN. Put stupid Black Ops in a small box and put PSASBR in the bigger ones. Yes I said it.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 11 of 20 (99 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1145 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Tekn0tize wrote:

Look at how much Microsoft advertises Halo.

PSASBR is a full price 60 dollar title like Halo, there is no freaking reason why Sony should not advertise this game more. I mean even on PSN I don't see it for pre-order at all... It *IS* available for pre-order here in the UK PSN but you have to actually SEARCH for the game. How lame is that.

Instead they have Black Ops 2 Shoved down your throat in every single screen on PSN. Put stupid Black Ops in a small box and put PSASBR in the bigger ones. Yes I said it.

germany doest get that halo advertising ur suppose to mean. .  , so i cant tell

Trujuju_91-Sig.png

Message 12 of 20 (93 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1145 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

khknight wrote:

Trujuju_91 wrote:

**bleep** i just read. Smiley Very Happy

surely, 5 advertising videos, 2 tv ads, a poker set, special coins, new psn designs, special steelboxes

5 videos on youtube, thats about 100k buys right there atleast  2 tv ads that NEVER AIRS ON TV, none the other **bleep** is advertising

special character based boxes, playstation vita digitally with no additional cost to the ps3 version.

As if people would know about unless they're us.  Besides no owns a vita

tournaments held, even a big price tournament was held. . .

As if hardcore fighting game vets would care for a brawler.

ign massiv advertising due exclusive footage.

Who the **bleep** cares about IGN?

e3 awards won, mostly in every figting event this year. (evo , la beatdown . . . bla bla bla )

E3 awards doesn't mean **bleep**, most games that get those become flops a launch anyway.(im not this game will though)

facebook miniquiz,

cause everyone and there grandma was on that right?

the beta advertising. . .

about 100k testers, yes.....

u are kidding right?

No we aint

god really

good job saying everything is**bleep**, and ignoring my second post,

Are you a marketing manager?. Really, you guys talk aboutm you know that mostly no one knows this game, and sony fails to advertise it. You know how much this dozend points i wrote cost for sony?

Dont be so chiidsh. As i said, you will get ur *causal* advertising, when the game comes out, or close before it.

There is still time. . . And till now, sony did many many things to get this game on the spotlight.

Edit: profanity removed

Trujuju_91-Sig.png

Message 13 of 20 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
726 posts

Nov 13, 2012
maybe they simply don't have the money to.

I mean, they COULD spend a lot of money advertising the crap outta this, but then the marketing cost would very likely be higher than what the games sells, leaving Sony at a loss. This is the first game in the series and a new Devolopment team, ans sony is definately supporting this but throwing their budget 100% into it would be very foolish.

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Message 14 of 20 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

Trujuju_91 wrote:

khknight wrote:

Trujuju_91 wrote:

**bleep** i just read. Smiley Very Happy

surely, 5 advertising videos, 2 tv ads, a poker set, special coins, new psn designs, special steelboxes

5 videos on youtube, thats about 100k buys right there atleast  2 tv ads that NEVER AIRS ON TV, none the other **bleep** is advertising

special character based boxes, playstation vita digitally with no additional cost to the ps3 version.

As if people would know about unless they're us.  Besides no owns a vita

tournaments held, even a big price tournament was held. . .

As if hardcore fighting game vets would care for a brawler.

ign massiv advertising due exclusive footage.

Who the **bleep** cares about IGN?

e3 awards won, mostly in every figting event this year. (evo , la beatdown . . . bla bla bla )

E3 awards doesn't mean **bleep**, most games that get those become flops a launch anyway.(im not this game will though)

facebook miniquiz,

cause everyone and there grandma was on that right?

the beta advertising. . .

about 100k testers, yes.....

u are kidding right?

No we aint

god really

good job saying everything is **bleep**, and ignoring my second post,

Are you a marketing manager?. Really, you guys talk aboutm you know that mostly no one knows this game, and sony fails to advertise it. You know how much this dozend points i wrote cost for sony?

Dont be so chiidsh. As i said, you will get ur *causal* advertising, when the game comes out, or close before it.

There is still time. . . And till now, sony did many many things to get this game on the spotlight.

Edit: profanity removed

half the **bleep** you wrote didn't do **bleep** and even if this game gets its "causual" ads, it will only be like one ad a day at mid night.

I say an lbp karting commmerical on nick at 1 am, what kid stays up at 1 am to watch nickolodeon? 

sony doesn't know whay the hell they're doing.

and i didn't ignore your second post at all. like i said, those commericals never airs on tv. If they do then its probably at night or around the time no one is watching tv.

Message 15 of 20 (77 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1145 posts

Nov 13, 2012

well, lets just settle this for now, and wait

Trujuju_91-Sig.png

Message 16 of 20 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
625 posts

Nov 13, 2012

IGN played a huge part in advertising the game when Sony themselves didn't. As well as word of mouth. How many of us have told our friends about this game? Spreading word about the game online and through word of mouth is quick, easy, and free. Free

After E3 when they showed Nathan Drake and Big Daddy was probably the time more people started to pay attention to the game. That it was actually a real thing that was happening. The forums here grew a lot and from every other gaming event, it grew even more. We're a small percentage of the PSAS community (online). Who knows how many people actually know about this game. The fact that the game went gold not too long ago should tell us something. It was able to get enough preorders to go gold with minimal advertisement. As a first game of a franchise, that's pretty good. 

Obviously, there is less advertisement going on here in the US. It's already proven from preorder bonuses/merch/and ads (digital and physical) that the game has gotten more ads in Europe. 

tumblr_mcuyo0mDch1qbm1sto1_500.jpg

(France advertisement)

Just an example of what's not here in the states but, you know what we do have here in the states? The game being advertised before screenings of the biggest movie of the Fall season. That's lots of exposure.

Message 17 of 20 (63 Views)
Splicer
40 posts

Nov 13, 2012
All this arguing over a job that Sony is/isn't going to do. Playstation fans at their best.

You guys are forgetting that their have been TV spots for this game. Including the trailer before Wreck-it Ralph.
Message 18 of 20 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 13, 2012
More ads in europe? Huh I did not see a single one in either German or UK TV and absolutely nothing in the UK PSN either.

Not sure where all these ads are really going. If they ARE advertising it well and good I guess.
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 19 of 20 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Yeah looking at amazon the game can't even break into the top 100 not looking good, also it seem like a lot of people wanted to try out the beta but didn't know it was an open beta. That how bad sony is advertising this lol. Also it seem like you either love it or hate it, also people who don't like the mechanics, and just hate the concept alone using supers only to kill. Also a lot of people have fear of milking dlc so it seem like you only paying for half of the game. 

Message 20 of 20 (45 Views)
0 Likes