Sep 11 2012
By: OperaGhost95 Hekseville Citizen 357 posts

Sony Imagesoft Rep?

[ Edited ]
16 replies 1479 views Edited Sep 11, 2012

Okay here me out, this isn't a ZOMG would in't be bad@$$ if this character was in or a do it now Superbot thread. This is just a simple what if, or a how about for the sequel, there were Sony Imagesoft characters. 

What is Sony Imagesoft?

Before the playstation  1, before Polygon man, before SCEA, there was Sony Imagesoft, and Epic Sony Records, Imagesoft was based in North America, and Records was based in Japan they were both Sony's earliest video game publishers. Like any Videogame company they had their good and bad games. Since this was before the PSX these Sony companies publised their games for the NES, SNES, Gameboy and SEGA CD. In other words Sony's gaming history goes farther than Playstation, and I think it could be interesting if for PSASBR sequel to have one of Sony Imagesoft characters in the game. I narrowed it down to 5 characters.

Altered Space's Humphrey

Altered_Space_-_A_3-D_Alien_Adventure_Coverart.png

Altered Space was a Gameboy game where the player was an astronaut trying to escape an alien space ship, and having to replenish his oxygen supply. 

Solstice's Shadax

Solstice_The_Quest_for_the_Staff_of_Demnos_Cover.jpg187492-shadax.gif

Solstice is a game based during the winter Solstice. The story is that on the eve of the Solstice Morbius the Malevelont, kidnaps the princess Eleanor to ritually sacrifice her to the Baron of Darkness. It becomes up to the Wizard Shadax to rescue Eleanor.

Equinox's Glendaal

286641-equinox01.jpgglendaal.png

Equinox is the sequel to Solstice which follows Glendaal as he goes out to rescue his father Shadax, from Sonia.

Skyblazer's Sky

Skyblazer.jpghero.png

Skyblazer was a game that follows its unnamed hero as he searches for Ashura the Lord of war whom has kidnapped the sorceress Ariana

Smart Ball's Jerry

Smart_Ball_Cover.jpg

Smart Bal is about a boy Jerry, who was the prince ruler of a kingdom. Jerry has been transformed into a blob by a mysterious wizard due to his brother's jealuosly.

So What do you think? would be interesting to have a Sony Imagesoft character for PSASBR?

Playstation sig
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (1,479 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Re: Sony Imagesoft Rep?

Sep 11, 2012

you dug deep into sonys past, but I think it was called playstation allstars for a reason, the playstation systems and name is being advertised and being represented, instead of sony as a whole. and thanks for the nastalgia for me on smartball by the way 

#ProtectorProgramme
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (1,436 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Sep 11, 2012

But like you said they were before the days of PlayStation, they don't represent PlayStation it wouldn't seem to make sense.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (1,430 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1358 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 11, 2012

I remember Skyblazer fondly! And he's not unnamed. His name is Sky. Heck, his father is Sky Lord.

I also know that David Jaffe, co-creator of Twisted Metal was involved in creating it. 

A sony imagesoft character would be great, unfortunately they are far too obscure. While I would jump at the idea of Sky's inclusion, I just don't see it happening. I remember talking to Jaffe once about a possible remake of Skyblazer. He said while he loved the idea of bringing him back, he couldn't possibly reach that far into the well as that defaets the purpose of hsi goal to create new and exciting IPs. I'm sure many other developers would think the same way.

Unfortunately, like everyone else said, Sony Imagesoft was not part of the Playstation history. So there really isnt much of a chance.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (1,414 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
357 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 11, 2012

Thanks for letting me know what Sky's name.

And again this is a what if. Not only that but but the whole thing about creating new IP's while I agree is good for diversity in games but it doesn't necesarily have to be exactly the same as the original it could be reimagined. Yes I know its called Playstation All-Stars, but this is a what if, just for nostalgia or to try and see public appeal towards the character before possibly bringing them back.

Playstation sig
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (1,394 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Sep 11, 2012

fabsta1994 wrote:

I remember Skyblazer fondly! And he's not unnamed. His name is Sky. Heck, his father is Sky Lord.

I also know that David Jaffe, co-creator of Twisted Metal was involved in creating it. 

A sony imagesoft character would be great, unfortunately they are far too obscure. While I would jump at the idea of Sky's inclusion, I just don't see it happening. I remember talking to Jaffe once about a possible remake of Skyblazer. He said while he loved the idea of bringing him back, he couldn't possibly reach that far into the well as that defaets the purpose of hsi goal to create new and exciting IPs. I'm sure many other developers would think the same way.

Unfortunately, like everyone else said, Sony Imagesoft was not part of the Playstation history. So there really isnt much of a chance.

I think reviving a really old IP like that could make for an excitingnew experence, just look at what games can do today. imagine that being implemented into the worlds of old games that couldn't have been as defined or massive.

#ProtectorProgramme
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (1,385 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1358 posts

Sep 11, 2012
Believe me Atom when I say that if I had the power to create and update Skyblazer, I would. I agree that reviving Skyblazer would be a refreshing experience but I can't say the same for other developers.

Skyblazer was part of my childhood, yet it's one of the most underrated games created by Imagesoft. If he ever had the chance to be revived like Pit, I'd be pretty **bleep** excited. =D
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (1,367 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Sep 11, 2012

fabsta1994 wrote:
Believe me Atom when I say that if I had the power to create and update Skyblazer, I would. I agree that reviving Skyblazer would be a refreshing experience but I can't say the same for other developers.

Skyblazer was part of my childhood, yet it's one of the most underrated games created by Imagesoft. If he ever had the chance to be revived like Pit, I'd be pretty **bleep** excited. =D

kid icarus uprising is an amazing example of an old game being renewed and being nothing short of amazing, o well maybe in the future we could see reboots of classics.

#ProtectorProgramme
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (1,358 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
357 posts

Sep 11, 2012
I honestly don't think Uprising would have happened if not Pit having a large public appeal from brawl.

Playstation sig
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (1,300 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Sep 11, 2012

OperaGhost95 wrote:
I honestly don't think Uprising would have happened if not Pit having a large public appeal from brawl.

I agree but the creator of brawl also did uprising so i'm thinking he had it planned when they put him in brawl as well

#ProtectorProgramme
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (1,278 Views)
0 Likes