Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 01 2012
By: Sauruswarrior Lombax Warrior 140 posts

Somy friend picked up Raiden for first time and it was no fun

10 replies 192 views Edited Dec 1, 2012

We played local multiplyaer and my friend choose raiden and it was his first time playing. He played SSB competitvly and he figured out to just crumple ppl and then grab them with raiden. so he do a forward square or circle knock u over and grabbed you when you where getting up. then either combo you with neutral square or wait for you to get up and grab you. Grabbing beast any evades and rolls. So he would sit ontop of you and grab as you roll away building his ap by what you built of hitting him when you managed to get away. so how is this fun? We saw the numbers of raidens ap gain he gets about 85% of his super off neutral square and combing it with a grab he gets a lvl 1 and just waits for you to get up or roll then kill you with out any chance of escaping. Also tried different lvls and bigger ones were better as if he knocked you away you could get up. On dojo he literally just bounced you into a wall and super as you hit the wall and fell into the super. and when you hit the wall you can't recover right away you have to wait a bit and so he can super in that time. Raiden needs to be looked at and more than likely tuned down a bit. Try it for your self have one person play raiden and the other who ever then just do a crumple and then grab them as they get up. it was no fun. Don't say just learn to avoid cause you can't avoid grabs by rolling. I had to jump away and he would catch  me when i came down. I could maybe build to a two if i got lucky but he went grab happy. 

Message 1 of 11 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Re: Somy friend picked up Raiden for first time and it was no fun

Dec 1, 2012
Tell him he plays gay.
Message 2 of 11 (170 Views)
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Dec 1, 2012

I did and he's like maybe im good at this game. I then told him fight me when i play raiden and he was raiden. I did what he did to me and I knew some better combos and kicked his butt up and down the level I got him to 2 lives left before he got one of mine and then i finished him. I was like its not you its a character that has easy skill level and highest ap gain. Stop spamming throws there meant to stop threes not to be annoying. He didn't care he never won FFA or 2v2 casue he would focus on one opponent and grab them while the rest of us focused on ap gain and hitting him wihile he grabbed and got 3 when he spam lvl one. But the fact that playstyle he showed made me never want to do 1v1 against raiden of how fast he is.

Message 3 of 11 (154 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Dec 1, 2012
Don't play like a cheap bass XD Play to have fun =D I main Raiden as my third in command and his combos can be insane ^^ He is a lot of fun when you get the hang of him. Trust me =)
Message 4 of 11 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Dec 1, 2012
Let him play me in a 1v1. I will show him that Raiden can be used for so much more then spamming =)
Message 5 of 11 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Dec 1, 2012

I know I learned raiden, I dont play him cause i find him visually lacking except his lvl 3, but the fact my friend just picked it up and played that way which was no fun in 1v1, and having the attitude from playing fighting games is haha i can do it means im good. then i proved my point its not you its that Raiden is on the stronger side and not as balanced. he wasn't happy when I beat him with raiden. Next ill use kratos and just use forward square and juggle him. He needs to be knocked down a few pegs off his high horse.

Message 6 of 11 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Dec 1, 2012
I don't spam people because its no fun =( I main Drake and the barrels just help me get combos not to spam =) However people think I spam them...sometimes combos are hard to pull off in the heat of battle and it just looks like I am spamming unfourtunetly =(
Message 7 of 11 (124 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Just... Just no...

Message 8 of 11 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Dec 1, 2012
Barrels are good crowd conrol too =)
Message 9 of 11 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Dec 1, 2012
@Ma-mashi: Yea some characters have to rely on one attack but it's just for the sake of combos and even then in Drake's case it wouldn't even be spamming because it's essentially just a trap like Sackboy's shock pad and it's always a good idea to have traps like those frequently, as a Jak player I make it a habbit to use nuetral circle a lot because ya know every bit of AP that you get counts even if the trap doesn't do all that much.
Message 10 of 11 (104 Views)
0 Likes