Feb 03 2013
By: LunarWingLuna Lombax Warrior 103 posts

Something Needs to Be Done

21 replies 266 views Edited Feb 3, 2013

Something needs to be done about this DC'ing nonsense. I'm perfectly okay with people DCing from a match. I do it sometimes myself. It's not the person's fault, y'know? My issue is that because one person DC's from the match, the whole match is blown. That's stupid. The game needs to be tweaked to resolve that issue. The integrity of a match shouldn't be blown because of someone's connectivity issues, or even more so because scared, spineless scrubs want to run away and quit because things aren't going there way. I'm sick of losing advancement opportunities (chances to acquire BP and RP) over 1/4 of the match participants disappearing.

Message 1 of 22 (266 Views)
Wastelander
632 posts

Re: Something Needs to Be Done

Feb 3, 2013

I try not to quit because I know how frustrating it can be to not finish a match. Even during stock matches I just go do something else (I ALWAYS have my laptop out so there are a lot of options, this forum being one of them).

The only time I quit with a clear conscious is when the loading screen looks like this

My character: 999

Player 2: 49

Player 3: 11

Player 4: 102

Or when I'm running late for work. Other than that, I usually let the game finish. Some matches are actually rather enjoyable.

I know you're new to the forums but RQQing/DCing is a major issue with this game and a topic that was brought up a countless amount of times. It's sad that every time a player is losing badly or has been killed off you're worried that the match is going to end. That shouldn't be something you'd have to worry about in a game--let alone a fighting game.

...I wish SuperBot would say something about this issue. They have to know how frustrating it is.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 22 (241 Views)
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 3, 2013

LikeRA1N wrote:

I try not to quit because I know how frustrating it can be to not finish a match. Even during stock matches I just go do something else (I ALWAYS have my laptop out so there are a lot of options, this forum being one of them).

The only time I quit with a clear conscious is when the loading screen looks like this

My character: 999

Player 2: 49

Player 3: 11

Player 4: 102

Or when I'm running late for work. Other than that, I usually let the game finish. Some matches are actually rather enjoyable.

I know you're new to the forums but RQQing/DCing is a major issue with this game and a topic that was brought up a countless amount of times. It's sad that every time a player is losing badly or has been killed off you're worried that the match is going to end. That shouldn't be something you'd have to worry about in a game--let alone a fighting game.

...I wish SuperBot would say something about this issue. They have to know how frustrating it is.

I guess that's a legit reason to quit, when you're super ranked and everyone else is barely into their characters, and running late for work is also very legit. 

I'm sure people have brought this up on the forums hundreds of times now, I just couldn't help posting though. I was really mad upon posting this and I couldn't think of any better place rage about it.

Maybe SuperBot will finally say something about when they realize just how often people complain about it on the forums. It's a big issue, so I don't see why they haven't addressed it already.

Message 3 of 22 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Feb 3, 2013

LikeRA1N wrote:
It's sad that every time a player is losing badly or has been killed off you're worried that the match is going to end. That shouldn't be something you'd have to worry about in a game--let alone a fighting game.

Kratos win 1.jpg

Here is a great example of a match I was expecting to end any second. Props to pawyprint for playing it out with me the whole way through.

Message 4 of 22 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 3, 2013

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

LikeRA1N wrote:
It's sad that every time a player is losing badly or has been killed off you're worried that the match is going to end. That shouldn't be something you'd have to worry about in a game--let alone a fighting game.

Kratos win 1.jpg

Here is a great example of a match I was expecting to end any second. Props to pawyprint for playing it out with me the whole way through.

Sometimes that glorious occurance does make itself known, but a lot of the time, I the fight just ends outright. 

Message 5 of 22 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2138 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Really don't think they're quitting because they're scared Luna...after all it is indeed a game but I'm surprised Super Bot hasn't been multi dimensional for this. Quitting sucks, some people do it out of anger, some people have connectivity issues but whatever. Super Bot has a penalty in place for disconnecting but they didn't implement some kind of reward for the persons who get shot. Just give the people left in the match some BP and RP, shouldn't be too hard...if they have a penalty for those who quit then simple logic should dictate they offer some sort of reward to the person being disadvantaged in all of this. Should be simple enough. 

Make it happen Superbot.

Message 6 of 22 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 3, 2013

vizionary2012 wrote:

Really don't think they're quitting because they're scared Luna...after all it is indeed a game but I'm surprised Super Bot hasn't been multi dimensional for this. Quitting sucks, some people do it out of anger, some people have connectivity issues but whatever. Super Bot has a penalty in place for disconnecting but they didn't implement some kind of reward for the persons who get shot. Just give the people left in the match some BP and RP, shouldn't be too hard...if they have a penalty for those who quit then simple logic should dictate they offer some sort of reward to the person being disadvantaged in all of this. Should be simple enough. 

Make it happen Superbot.

I know not everyone is scared, but some people run away just because they're having a bit of a hard time. Like, they don't even try.  A couple of good kill confirms and noobs go running with their tail between their legs.

Also, that penalty must not be good enough if they've got the guts to quit.

We should be rewarded for people who quit. If some scrub quits, then I want my points. More specifically though, the match should just finish, I wouldn't even care if the match just finished. The match should drop because people drop. If one person remains, or one team remains, then they should obtain victory.

Message 7 of 22 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2138 posts

Feb 3, 2013
Well it is very easy for people to run away when they get hit with a few kill confirms, most of them require no skill to do and people will just keep trying them over and over until they hit you. Why would anyone stay for that? Last thing I want to see is a fat princess constantly jumping trying to send the little dude flying at me just to stun me so she can kill me.

But with respect to the rest of your post what you have to remember is that they cannot make the penalty too severe because some of the disconnects are not people's faults. I have dropped several BP because I lost connection to the host before the match even started. So they have to make it a penalty in such a way that it serves as a deterrent to quitting and not to playing online on a whole.
Message 8 of 22 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Okay, but the game centers around kill confirms. If you're gonna make it harder on yourself by trying to get a kill with a lucky shot, then that's stupid. If you can handle kill confirms, thenm you better start learning because that's all you're gonna see from a lot of people. If someone is spamming them, then counter them. If they keep doing the same thing over and over again, punish them. It's not that hard to punish a noob that keep spamming like a senseless moron. Anyone with skill is going to get you with a kill confirm without being a noob about it, so you won't have to worry about spamming in that case.

Back to the other topic. I don't care if they leave the penalty alone at this point. I just don't want matches drop entirely because one or two people quit. That's bull **bleep**. Like I said before, if enough people who quit that match that there's one player left, or one team left, then they should automatically win. The match should be cancelled like they are now. What's more annoying is when only ONE FREAKING PERSON quits and the whole match drops. Those three people could have had a nice fight and ranked up or something, but isntead, they're forced to find ANOTHER fight where the same stupid crap might occur.

Message 9 of 22 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
253 posts

Feb 3, 2013

you're in a way wrong not all characters have kill confirms like big daddy, where as raiden probably has the easiest kill confirms in the game along with evil cole,it's just not fair that if does come down to kill confirms then some players just become useless.i don't how many times i have come up against an evil cole and all they do is spam the grenades from a far jump and repeat.so when they get their lvl one falcon punch followed by his lvl 1 super, yes you can block it but most of the time you're fighting someone else.not to mention that falcon punch is super fast.so in other words it's not fair and kill confirms are just cheap.

Message 10 of 22 (132 Views)
0 Likes