Fender Bender
3659 posts

Re: Something I found absolutely ridiculous about Sly

Mar 24, 2013

Same problem with Radec and Emmet, their projectiles just fly over Sly's head.

Message 11 of 20 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Mar 24, 2013
@johngie
instead of taking the time to go through drakes moveset to figure out a strategy and end up finding a simple solution (Drakes down circle) to Slys barrel, he decided to come on the fourms and complain about a balanced character.
My statements arent inflammatory, theres always a reason why I say what I say. And there it is.
Message 12 of 20 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Mar 24, 2013

I played some people inline that did this to me too.. Made me spam becasue it was the only thing i can do. As GC jump above him and drop the ice (UP O) over and over then he stopped doing that. As drake i wouldv spammed the falling wall (DOWN O) did you try that?

Jozai custom made signature photo jozaigoodcolesignature_zps1ca25a9d.gif
Message 13 of 20 (156 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Mar 24, 2013
The down circle move might work, provided that the Sly player doesn't do this...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hmADczVUOL8
Message 14 of 20 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1190 posts

Mar 24, 2013
Grenades and zip line and falling all work wonders
And that's the Gospel Truth Photobucket
Message 15 of 20 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Mar 24, 2013
I think 80% of you guys don't read what was posted before you even if its one page
Message 16 of 20 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Mar 24, 2013

Noobish-Hero wrote:
@johngie
instead of taking the time to go through drakes moveset to figure out a strategy and end up finding a simple solution (Drakes down circle) to Slys barrel, he decided to come on the fourms and complain about a balanced character.
My statements arent inflammatory, theres always a reason why I say what I say. And there it is.

I posted right after that match was over due to my frustration. I wanted to vent a bit. The forums are a perfectly fine place for doing so.

I did mention in my original post that there could have been things I didn't think of. And there was. Pretty soon after I posted, I remembered Drake's Air Down Circle and Uzi moves. Hindsight is 20/20, as they say. Those are not moves I use very often (to my own detriment, obviously), so I tend to forget them. The fact I hadn't played him or the game for a while until recently for that matter is another reason why I completely forgot about they. I'm still fairly new with Drake (only 100+), so there's still a bunch of stuff I need to figure out with him.

For those curious about what kind of pre-patch Drake I was . . . . I pretty much play him the same way post-patch. I pretty much just adapt to the situation. Long-mid range I'll use the Magnum (this overall is my go-to with him), or the AK swing and zipline to close the gap. Mid-range I'll use the AK as either another gap-closer or as a way to keep my distance and the grenade launcher for zoning. Close-range I'll try to work some combos in and also attempt to tranq my opponent (usually in a 1v1 scenario). Close range is where I try to be most of the time for the combo capabilities. So the assumption that I'm a coward because I used Drake is false. I barely used Drake pre-patch because of how everyone felt about him. Including myself. His biggest annoyances have been dealt with, so I can give him a fair chance now.

Other moves I like to use. Air side square is my favorite air move to use when I'm not trying to close a gap. I like to use Drake's Up Square between Up Triangle here and there since it doesn't explode on contact. When it comes to the barrel, I mainly use it as a initiation/safety tool. Throwing it out in front of me to block other projectiles, when enemies are grouped up in FFA, when the opponent is on a level above me and I need to get on even ground, and sometimes as a tool of disruption. I didn't use the barrel all that often before and I still don't. Only difference is now, when I toss a barrel, I don't feel guilty. 

Message 17 of 20 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Mar 24, 2013

Lol some people are so mean.

"OH YOU'RE BAD, DEAL WITH IT."

Shut up not eveyone takes this game super seriously. God gamers are such babies and **bleep**.

"QUICKLY!"

Message 18 of 20 (69 Views)
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Mar 24, 2013

When I was playing 2v2 online, I came across a Jax and Sly team. They had their mics on and I was partnered with a Dante. I managed to get a couple kills and so did Dante but he endded up being focused and died. It was me against two of them. 

What happend was Jax would just completely shut down any means of generating AP or defense. So all I could do is focus on Sly and hope to kill him alone. When I tried shooting at him he did the same thing, jumping in that explosive barrel and deflecting all my attacks. These two had the perfect combination and I was screwed over. I don't know if this helps other Issac players but Issac's side Circle knocks Sly out of his barrel. Its a unique projectice and I don't know if Dante has a similar move or any other character but im sure any kindof 'force' projectile goes through his barrel. 

Message 19 of 20 (61 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Mar 24, 2013

down square as drake counters the barrel. Sorry but I'm gonna hafta side with anyone yelling at you and calling you a bad Drake. Using the barrel or AK on sly is quite possibly the dumbest thing you can do. Especially when he uses the exploding barrel move. This your first time facing sly or something? or you just do the barrel to ak move all game? clearly this sly knew you were just spamming and used the easy ranged counter, aka his exploding barrel move. This is a terrible complaint to be honest I feel dumb for even responding.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 20 of 20 (57 Views)
0 Likes