Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 04 2012
By: TONESTER_925 Uncharted Territory 1401 posts

Some interesting Comments from Omar on the PS Blog

[ Edited ]
11 replies 527 views Edited Dec 4, 2012

Tekn0tize on December 4th, 2012 at 6:30 am said:

This is absolutely wonderful news. Great job guys! I love that you included a Starhawk rep. and his build and battle system! Again, this is the most fun game I’ve played in a long time and the online is working incredibly well!!

Also looking forward to the new stage. 2 questions:

1. Will these DLC also be Cross-compatible with Vita (and future paid ones?)

2. Is there any chance of seeing a Mortal Kombat rep. (Sub-zero perhaps? he has a great ice clone) since SuperBot has a good relation with Netherrealm?

Omar Kendall on December 4th, 2012 at 8:34 am said:

Heys Tekn0tize,

1. Yes!
2. SuperBot would love to have an MK rep in All-Stars!

MarinoBrea on December 4th, 2012 at 6:58 am said:

Please make SEASONAL 1v1 Tournaments. I know you don’t want to spread the community between too many online modes but if you do it on a season-basis I see this working quite well. And if catches up popularity you could leave it as a standard online mode. Please, just try it, this game is seriously lacking 1v1 options.

Omar Kendall on December 4th, 2012 at 8:38 am said:

Heys MarinoBrea, we’re exploring the possibly of adding 1v1 to Quick Match and maybe even for a season or two in Tournament Mode. No guarantees, but we’re heard you all loud and clear on this!

khknight on December 4th, 2012 at 7:10 am said:

Couple questions

1) when can we expect new items to be added i to the game? I’d love to see the paintinator from LBP to be in the game. Ratchets groovetron would,be cool to.

2) will there be new taunts and costumes added into the game as well? It would be amazing if you added nathan drake’s pump taunt into the game as well as his donut drake costume.

3)will a lobby system feature ever added into the game? Id love to create matches that are just as customizable as the offline versus mode.

Omar Kendall on December 4th, 2012 at 8:48 am said:

Heys khknight,

1. We’re adding the Medusa Head Item via a patch set to go live any day now, so look for that, it’s pretty cool.
2. and 3. Definitely exploring these as well. No guarantees, but your suggestions are noted!

Abbi200xHi on December 4th, 2012 at 9:58 am said:

Hello Omar , first of all I want to excuse any grammar errors in this comment , my English is definitly not perfect seeing as I’m just 14 years old and I’m learning it in school! :smileyhappy:

So , my question , don’t you guys think you nerfed Sackboy a little too hard?
I mean , yeah he does gain AP quite fast , I do still feel like it’s a little too much of a nerf seeing as other characters like Raiden or Kratos gain AP extremly fast too!

And I don’t think Dante’s gun’s need a buff , they are mainly used to extend combo’s anyways , so yeah I think they work great :smileyhappy:

Thanks for reading Omar , and thanks for making such an amazing game Superbot!

Greetings from Germany. :smileyhappy:

Omar Kendall on December 4th, 2012 at 10:46 am said:

Heys Abbi200xHi, I was just in Germany this summer, attending gamescom in Cologne. It was a great experience!

Regarding Sackboy, it’s hard to say whether or not these changes were too severe. We’ll monitor the effects of the changes to see if we’ve gone too far (or not far enough). Of course, we look at the performance of all characters, and we agree, Kratos does indeed generate a tremendous amount of AP. We’re looking into ways to address this.

ThePolice_24_7 on December 4th, 2012 at 10:06 am said:

Sorry, but I’m confused on how this DLC will work. If you download the DLC within the two weeks, will it be free the third week or will you have to pay? Also, is there a way we can test play the DLC before it comes out, like a beta test? Thanks SuperBot for making an awesome game, I play this everyday and I love it! You guys are my second favorite development team, number one is NaughtyDog.

Omar Kendall on December 4th, 2012 at 10:51 am said:

Heys ThePolice_24_7, Naughty Dog is a pretty great developer! If you download the DLC within the first two weeks, it will be free for you to use forever! Regarding DLC test play, Santa Monica Studios Lead Designer Seth Killian has suggested a sort of test server that would allow exactly that. I think that sounds very interesting!

clupula668 on December 4th, 2012 at 10:18 am said:

The new stage looks great, although I do have to admit I am still waiting on seeing some JRPG characters as DLC before I take the plunge into the game. That particular genre is one of the bigger ones for the PS3. In fact, if you look at the monthly sales of PS1 classics, usually the top list is made of Final Fantasy.

I would pick up this game in a heartbeat if you were to announce Selvaria from Valkyria Chronicles or Etna from Disgaea or Cloud/Lightning/Sephiroth from the Final Fantasy series. I know the emphasis obviously has to be on Western titles, but you can’t say you’re celebrating the history of the Playstation brand without celebrating a genre that many people, myself included, bought our systems for.

Many of us are just waiting for those characters (as well as maybe Goro from Yakuza or Abe from the Oddworld games). I really do hope we’ll be hearing some good news on representatives like that in the future.

Omar Kendall on December 4th, 2012 at 11:00 am said:

Heys clupula668, Abe is one of my favorite video game characters of all time. Of all time!

Photobucket
Message 1 of 12 (527 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Re: Some interesting Comments from the PS Blog

Dec 4, 2012
And also Sniperwolf spamming the same comments over and over again.
Message 2 of 12 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Dec 4, 2012

JesseCasco wrote:

haha he's SuperBot's biggest fan

Photobucket
Message 3 of 12 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 4, 2012
There's a couple of other interesting ones include one where Omar calls Abes Oddworld the best game of all time or something to that extent.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 4 of 12 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Dec 4, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
There's a couple of other interesting ones include one where Omar calls Abes Oddworld the best game of all time or something to that extent.

Yeah I seen that one too. I'll add that too

Photobucket
Message 5 of 12 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Dec 5, 2012
I've got a feeling that Sony's in talks to get Abe and a Mortal Kombat character in as the next bundle of DLC.
Message 6 of 12 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Re: Some interesting Comments from Omar on the PS Blog

Dec 5, 2012
Yes I want that 1vs1 mode!!
Message 7 of 12 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
550 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Good to hear.... but didnt he like avoided the whole question of the JRPG? lol

Message 8 of 12 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Dec 5, 2012
Where does these convos happen?
Soon is almost... too late!
Message 9 of 12 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Dec 5, 2012

JesseCasco wrote:

i rofled :smileytongue:

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 10 of 12 (197 Views)
0 Likes