Nov 16 2012
By: BrosColo First Son 5 posts

Some gameplay questions/concerns

7 replies 175 views Edited Nov 16, 2012

Hey, 

I'm really looking forward to this game, love SSB. I just got a PS3 and love these characters. 

Watching gameplay videos from All-Stars I noticed the winning system. Instead of 3 lives for example, you have to score 3 points/kills. Nothing wrong with that, but now I'm wondering if anyone knows if there will be a 'last man standing' mode like SSB? 

That everyone begins with 3 lives and once u get to 0 you're dead until the game ends.. That's what I loved, that way you really get the feeling you are owning and games can take a while. With All-Stars games can end really fast, u can get double kills pretty easily with supers.

And I don't really like that you basically don't do damage, but just fill up your AP meter Smiley Sad

That's my only concern so far...

Message 1 of 8 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Re: Some gameplay questions/concerns

Nov 16, 2012
To answer your question yes, there will be. I believe they used the phrases stock (for the lives mode, where you have a limited number of lives and getting 0 means you're out of the fight for good) and reverse stock (where you just have to gain a certain number of points/kills, and you basically respawn indefinitely until the goal is reached.)

As for the super system. Eh, I like it. It's actually pretty fun to me.
It's time for a DEATH BATTLE!
Message 2 of 8 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Having played both SSBB and this, I actually love the meter management and super system to score kills. It certainly brings a very nice element of depth to this game.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 3 of 8 (165 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 16, 2012
Thanks for answering! I think I'll have to play the game to appreciate the super system, once used to it, I'll like it I guess..
Really looking forward to the game! No need to buy a Wii anymore, although I miss Pikachu...
Message 4 of 8 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Nov 16, 2012
The super system is cool because it neccesitates being much more aggressive instead of defensive, so matches are much more action packed. I didn't like it at first but once I played it I was convinced

Message 5 of 8 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 16, 2012

On paper, the super system sounds dumb. You have to try it to really appreciate it.

Also, if you're going to play Stock mode you should probably change the stock number to 5 or 6.

Message 6 of 8 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Nov 16, 2012

trust me the super system is fantastic, it adds a really interesting spin on the mash up fighter genre and feels more like traditional fighting game at the same time. also in PSASBR they have overtime if you and someone else are tied in score, SSBB just accepted ties whereas PSASBR lets you continue til you settle the score. (pun not intended)

#ClownTroops
Message 7 of 8 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 16, 2012
The super system is really fun. I had loads of fun with it in the beta, you should really try it for yourself and judge.
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 8 of 8 (96 Views)
0 Likes