Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/11/2012
Offline
280 posts
 

Re: Some changes I would like to see

Jan 24, 2013

KMart0002 wrote:
Refer to the Radec's buff/rebuild thread for more insight on how Radec should be changed

Well, I don't think I have a reason to do put any of his ideas here. Some of his changes are fairly good, but I don't think I should just take info from another's thread.

Message 11 of 22 (104 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/14/2012
Offline
838 posts
 

Re: Some changes I would like to see

Jan 24, 2013
I hate how Ratchet doesn't have a flamethrower (Almost every game has had one!). Maybe, since the buzz blades on the ground are almost useless, replace them with the Pyroblaster (Or some other flamethrower)? It could work just like Sweet Tooth's firebreath. Lots of rapid hits but a small range, and can be slightly aimed. I'd also like seeing the Spiral of Death from ACiT somewhere in there... Maybe as a replacement for the air Combuster?

I also would like a tiny boost to the range of the ground Combuster, as in A4O it was quite long ranged and now it feels more like a melee-ish weapon, but I digress.
Message 12 of 22 (99 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 06/10/2011
Offline
44 posts
 

Re: Some changes I would like to see

Jan 25, 2013

acursedone wrote:

aDarkSavior wrote:

I don't agree with up square.  It actually has low range and it's one of the slowest moves in his arsenal.


Care to explain why? It can be a pretty decent combo starter for some good combos. It's range is lower than most of Kratos's skills, but can still hit multiple people fairly easily and the delay between a failed up square and the next one is about the amount of time between the first part of his triple square combo and the last part. It is a fairly short time. I believe a person who dodge rolls to avoid the first one would be picked up by the second (if in range for it, Kratos might have to turn around) if he attempted to spam it. Could be wrong, I might have to have an additional player to test it.

 

You just answered your own question.  Neutral square leads to longer combos and is a faster move.  It's a punishable move if it whiffs.


 

Gamestop nationwide Brawl Regional and District Champion with Kirby.
5/9/2013 Won 100% legitimate online FFA match without pressing square or triangle with Kratos.
5/10/2013 Won 100% legitimate online FFA match without pressing square or triangle with Kratos.
2/2/2013 Winner PSASBR FFA Chaos Tournament
6/9/13 Survived Parappa's Level 2 assault chasing me down in Ranked
6/9/13 No belt to (FFA) Black belt in one evening
Message 13 of 22 (79 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/28/2012
Offline
1622 posts
 

Re: Some changes I would like to see

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

I'm auctially ok with the things you listed for Ratchet (my main as well) his buzz blades are just a good distract or tool I use them very situationally, his agents of doom are just an annoyance tool that I throw out constantly because they can hit in FFA and 2v2 when someone's distracted or they just kinda force you to jump over and I try to blast them with the plasma striker. The only move I really think Ratchet needs a buff on is Mr. Zurkon he can net you a total of 17ap if the opennet stands still which will never happen in a match, and they get 30ap for destroying him that just doesn't make sense when you'll be lucky if he gets you 10ap. Also he stops shooting when you move which is just dumb and is not true to the Ratchet games overall Mr. Zurkon should fire when you moving and the opponent should get no ap for destroying him or like 5ap at the best, and another defense for this is he is the only character with a summon like attack that gives the opennet ap when destroyed how is that fair?

Message 14 of 22 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/11/2012
Offline
280 posts
 

Re: Some changes I would like to see

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

aDarkSavior wrote:

acursedone wrote:

Care to explain why? It can be a pretty decent combo starter for some good combos. It's range is lower than most of Kratos's skills, but can still hit multiple people fairly easily and the delay between a failed up square and the next one is about the amount of time between the first part of his triple square combo and the last part. It is a fairly short time. I believe a person who dodge rolls to avoid the first one would be picked up by the second (if in range for it, Kratos might have to turn around) if he attempted to spam it. Could be wrong, I might have to have an additional player to test it.


You just answered your own question.  Neutral square leads to longer combos and is a faster move.  It's a punishable move if it whiffs.


 

What? I never said neutral square leads to longer combos, or that it was punishable. I did however say that the time between up squares was about as long as two squares, which does not mean that I thought it was punishable. I did not answer my own question, I still kinda feel like the move itself is a little fast even if it is worse than his neutral square, which I believe is somewhat overpowered anyways.

 


Astroking112 wrote:
I hate how Ratchet doesn't have a flamethrower (Almost every game has had one!). Maybe, since the buzz blades on the ground are almost useless, replace them with the Pyroblaster (Or some other flamethrower)? It could work just like Sweet Tooth's firebreath. Lots of rapid hits but a small range, and can be slightly aimed. I'd also like seeing the Spiral of Death from ACiT somewhere in there... Maybe as a replacement for the air Combuster?

I also would like a tiny boost to the range of the ground Combuster, as in A4O it was quite long ranged and now it feels more like a melee-ish weapon, but I digress.


I don't think a flamethrower makes sense in ratchet's moveset. I would like to see a slightly longer range for the combuster, but I'm not dying for it to longer either. The Spiral of Death would be a cool thing to see, but I don't know extactly how it would factor into his moveset, I don't think he needs another boomerang type skill.

 

 


 TwistedAvenger wrote:

 

I'm auctially ok with the things you listed for Ratchet (my main as well) his buzz blades are just a good distract or tool I use them very situationally, his agents of doom are just an annoyance tool that I throw out constantly because they can hit in FFA and 2v2 when someone's distracted or they just kinda force you to jump over and I try to blast them with the plasma striker. The only move I really think Ratchet needs a buff on is Mr. Zurkon he can net you a total of 17ap if the opennet stands still which will never happen in a match, and they get 30ap for destroying him that just doesn't make sense when you'll be lucky if he gets you 10ap. Also he stops shooting when you move which is just dumb and is not true to the Ratchet games overall Mr. Zurkon should fire when you moving and the opponent should get no ap for destroying him or like 5ap at the best, and another defense for this is he is the only character with a summon like attack that gives the opennet ap when destroyed how is that fair?


 I don't know how Zurkon should be buffed honestly, a straight numbers buff to AP generated isn't going to cut it. Zurkon is basicly an extremely short ranged ability on what is primarily a ranged character. Perhaps they could decrease the interval between his trash talking lines to further demoralize enemies. I think he needs a mechanic change to be relevant. Perhaps he wanders in an area rather than hovering over Ratchet? Perhaps he sticks to a foe that comes near him or attempts to harm Ratchet and annoys the hell out of that character?

Message 15 of 22 (59 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/28/2012
Offline
1622 posts
 

Re: Some changes I would like to see

Jan 25, 2013
I think Mr. Zurkon would be ok if they made him continuously shoot even while moving so you get most of the ap from him, and take away the ap opponents get from destroying him I honestly see no reason why they get ap for it is kinda stupid and unfair that your move can most of the time benefit your opponents more than you.
Message 16 of 22 (53 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/11/2012
Offline
280 posts
 

Re: Some changes I would like to see

Jan 25, 2013

TwistedAvenger wrote:
I think Mr. Zurkon would be ok if they made him continuously shoot even while moving so you get most of the ap from him, and take away the ap opponents get from destroying him I honestly see no reason why they get ap for it is kinda stupid and unfair that your move can most of the time benefit your opponents more than you.

Well I disagree. I don't think it would be that easy to make it a useful skill. Are there any other proposed changes you'd like to comment on?

Message 17 of 22 (43 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/28/2012
Offline
1622 posts
 

Re: Some changes I would like to see

Jan 25, 2013
Ok you seem like you took it like I was trying to shoot down what you think they should change on him for the record I wasn't I like your suggestions and think they could work well what I was suggesting was like the bare minimum they could do to make him semi useful I think he definitely does need more of a buff than that but not sure how much SuperBot would buff him if they ever do.
Message 18 of 22 (39 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/11/2012
Offline
280 posts
 

Re: Some changes I would like to see

Jan 25, 2013

TwistedAvenger wrote:
Ok you seem like you took it like I was trying to shoot down what you think they should change on him for the record I wasn't I like your suggestions and think they could work well what I was suggesting was like the bare minimum they could do to make him semi useful I think he definitely does need more of a buff than that but not sure how much SuperBot would buff him if they ever do.

Not entirely sure what your saying here, but I quite simply, I don't think that would be the right change and I think they need to change the mechanics of Mr. Zurkon. Doesn't nessisarly have to be what I suggest or anything. I don't know what it should be changed to.

Message 19 of 22 (46 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/28/2012
Offline
1622 posts
 

Re: Some changes I would like to see

Jan 25, 2013
My bad then when I read your response I thought you thought I was trying to put down your ideas I wasn't is what I was saying lol. I don't really know what it should be changed to either, but they could definitely do something to make him useful.
Message 20 of 22 (45 Views)
Reply
0 Likes